Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Salary Cap for next year

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I would take the Texan's WRs and the Card's WRs over ours.
    I don't think there's a team in the NFL outside of the Colts who wouldn't take Fitzgerald and Bolden over whoever their top 2 receivers are.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Posted on Tue, Nov. 28, 2006

[size=13pt]VIKINGS' SPACE VALUABLE[/size]

The Vikings are expected to be nearly $35 million under next year's NFL salary cap of $109 million. And if they release several higher-paid veterans, as expected, their salary cap room could increase to more than $45 million next spring.

That would allow the Vikings to buy or trade for a top pass rusher, at least one top offensive lineman and an impact receiver.

A chunk of the Vikings' salary cap space, though, is expected to be used to re-sign defensive tackle Kevin Williams, whose contract is up after the 2007 season.

) It's clear that owner Zygi Wilf, seeking public approval for a new stadium in downtown Minneapolis, will have to make some headline player acquisitions to keep the Vikings relevant and avoid TV blackouts in 2007. It would be the same strategy the NHL's Wild utilized last summer to keep that team a viable buy.

) The Vikings' regular-season Metrodome schedule next year is expected to include Philadelphia, Washington, Oakland and San Diego.

Another FA guy that would get people in the stands, would be nice.

It has to be a prime position player.
    I could name some, but they would only get boo'd of this thread.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    This is kind of funny.
    Most members on here said to me that we didn't need any more WR's at the beginning of the season.
    Now look at the post on here.
    We don't have any with any above average WR, so we are going to have to draft some.
    Let's go after Calvin Johnson, Jarrett Hicks etc.
    The WR position can be looked at from a relative point of view. I think a lot of a recievers sucess is dependant on his supporting cast.

The fact is, the only guy on our roster that is a threat is usually in the backfield. McMullen, Bethel, MRob, Travis... These names don't really make a D Coordinator nervous, and really don't draw much safety help. Teams can play some very basic defensive schemes on us, and shut us down.

We need a VIABLE threat. Some go-to guy. Someone that the safties will have to respect on every play.

Oh, and a consistent QB should be a high prority too.
    :P
    Not taking Brees is looking pretty bad right about now!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Let's get a $100 million RIGHT SIDE of the OL to match the left side!
    LOL

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The Vikings were NEVER in the market for Brees.
    Why even suggest that now?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    This is kind of funny.
    Most members on here said to me that we didn't need any more WR's at the beginning of the season.
    Now look at the post on here.
    We don't have any with any above average WR, so we are going to have to draft some.
    Let's go after Calvin Johnson, Jarrett Hicks etc.
    The WR position can be looked at from a relative point of view. I think a lot of a recievers sucess is dependant on his supporting cast.

The fact is, the only guy on our roster that is a threat is usually in the backfield. McMullen, Bethel, MRob, Travis... These names don't really make a D Coordinator nervous, and really don't draw much safety help. Teams can play some very basic defensive schemes on us, and shut us down.

We need a VIABLE threat. Some go-to guy. Someone that the safties will have to respect on every play.

Oh, and a consistent QB should be a high prority too.
    :P

The Vikes were never in the Brees running and at the time Brees agreed to a contract with the Saint's the Vikes still had Daunte and Brad.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

The Vikings are expected to be nearly $35 million under next year's NFL salary cap of $109 million. And if they release several higher-paid veterans, as expected, their salary cap room could increase to more than $45 million next spring.

That would allow the Vikings to buy or trade for a top pass rusher, at least one top offensive lineman and an impact receiver.

A chunk of the Vikings' salary cap space, though, is expected to be used to re-sign defensive tackle Kevin Williams, whose contract is up after the 2007 season.

) It's clear that owner Zygi Wilf, seeking public approval for a new stadium in downtown Minneapolis, will have to make some headline player acquisitions to keep the Vikings relevant and avoid TV blackouts in 2007. It would be the same strategy the NHL's Wild utilized last summer to keep that team a viable buy.

) The Vikings' regular-season Metrodome schedule next year is expected to include Philadelphia, Washington, Oakland and San Diego.

I agree with a prime time player, however, for his hands and not the need for getting ziggly butts in the stands doesn't seem to be an issue.
    I don't live in MN anymore but can still remember blackout games.
    When was the last time you saw that?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Gee let me guess!
    Does he play on the west coast and his initials are RM! :
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The Vikings were NEVER in the market for Brees.
    Why even suggest that now?

=Z=
    The Vikes probably knew that they were gonna have to ditch Pep...San Diego didn't have any problems ditching Brees, now did they...it wouldn't have been too hard to dump Pep after we got Brees either!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Gee let me guess!
    Does he play on the west coast and his initials are RM! :
    It depends.
    Did Randall McDaniel come out of retirement and is he playing on the West Coast now?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast