Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Salary Cap for next year

if they release several higher-paid veterans, as expected, their salary cap room could increase to more than $45 million
    That would be Smoot. He's playing decently as of late but far from the value he is getting paid for.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"cogitans" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    This is kind of funny.
    Most members on here said to me that we didn't need any more WR's at the beginning of the season.
    Now look at the post on here.
    We don't have any with any above average WR, so we are going to have to draft some.
    Let's go after Calvin Johnson, Jarrett Hicks etc.
    I'll admit I were one of those. And I'm not backing down on it yet either.

I think TWill can still come around. MRob has shown two weeks back that he is a red zone thread.

I'm a bit disapointed in Taylors drops though. I really liked how he played last year, and I'll expect him to improve. Also I'm still disapointed that we don't use Wiggins more over the middle.
    come on, it's week 13 HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    he should've came out weeks ago.. it's stupid to hope that he's gonne catch some balls because you never know maybe he drops 3 in the next game

Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    This is kind of funny.
    Most members on here said to me that we didn't need any more WR's at the beginning of the season.
    We don't have any with any above average WR, so we are going to have to draft some.

I think TWill can still come around. MRob has shown two weeks back that he is a red zone thread.

I'm a bit disapointed in Taylors drops though. I really liked how he played last year, and I'll expect him to improve. Also I'm still disapointed that we don't use Wiggins more over the middle.
    he should've came out weeks ago.. it's stupid to hope that he's gonne catch some balls because you never know maybe he drops 3 in the next game

lmao, he posted that about a month ago.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    This is kind of funny.
    Though I started too late to get into that discussion, I probably would have agreed with them. Now not so sure... But if we were to go after a wide receiver I would rather see us use the cap room "buy" a proven receiver than a rookie who needs to 'adjust' to the NFL. Most receivers take a few years (see thread on TWILL) to get it going and make significant contributions.
    Everything can look good on paper.
    I also thought we had a GOOD enough core of receivers for the WC offense.
    Loss of Koren, T-will problems etc has shown through actual play what we really have.

I agree, go after a free agent or two for near term and draft a guy for development/longterm.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"vike_mike" wrote:
    This is kind of funny.
    The WR position can be looked at from a relative point of view. I think a lot of a recievers sucess is dependant on his supporting cast.

The fact is, the only guy on our roster that is a threat is usually in the backfield. McMullen, Bethel, MRob, Travis... These names don't really make a D Coordinator nervous, and really don't draw much safety help. Teams can play some very basic defensive schemes on us, and shut us down.

We need a VIABLE threat. Some go-to guy. Someone that the safties will have to respect on every play.

Oh, and a consistent QB should be a high prority too.
    :P
    -Sno

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    This is kind of funny.

lmao, he posted that about a month ago.
    Correct. It was not week 13 back then

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    This is kind of funny.
    The WR position can be looked at from a relative point of view. I think a lot of a recievers sucess is dependant on his supporting cast.

The fact is, the only guy on our roster that is a threat is usually in the backfield. McMullen, Bethel, MRob, Travis... These names don't really make a D Coordinator nervous, and really don't draw much safety help. Teams can play some very basic defensive schemes on us, and shut us down.

We need a VIABLE threat. Some go-to guy. Someone that the safties will have to respect on every play.

Oh, and a consistent QB should be a high prority too.
    :P
    First off, regarding the draft.... We definelty are in need of a reciever, along with a fullback to eventually replace richardson, along with a saftey and a qb.

I say we grab Jarrett in the first, Troy Smith in the second, Samardzjia in the third, Ryan Powdrell in the fourth, Tom Zbikowski in the fifth....

Then for free agency, I'd like to see us cut smoot, and go after nate clements or some other corner.
    Then I'd like to see us snag Leonard Davis, OT from the cards.

That would be a very nice offseason!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I would take the Texan's WRs and the Card's WRs over ours.

WRs wouldn't make a ton of difference in the scheme of things though.
    You have to be playing winning football as a team.
    Yes, there were some critical drops, but it is only the underbelly of something bigger. ??

With that being said, M-Rob, who is not a speedster, had his guy beat on a few occassions this season (when not injured) but BJ couldn't get him the ball in stride, downfield.

Texans
    Moulds
    A.Johnson
    K.Walters

AZ
    Fitzgerald
    Boldin
    B.Johnson
    T.Walters

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I would take the Texan's WRs and the Card's WRs over ours.

WRs wouldn't make a ton of difference in the scheme of things though.
    You have to be playing winning football as a team.
    Yes, there were some critical drops, but it is only the underbelly of something bigger. ??

With that being said, M-Rob, who is not a speedster, had his guy beat on a few occassions this season (when not injured) but BJ couldn't get him the ball in stride, downfield.

Texans
    Moulds
    A.Johnson
    K.Walters

AZ
    Fitzgerald
    Boldin
    B.Johnson
    T.Walters
    I could live with those 2..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I hope we have an overhaul at WR during the offseason.I preached and preached about the importance of finding another WR after we lost K-Rob.Now
    11 games into the season, they're still dissapointing.Who would have thought M-Rob would be our number 1 guy? Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson have been the two biggest dissapointments for me.The way Williamson is playing, i'm gonna have to change my screen name on here not before to long.I'd like to see us go out and get a atleast 2 solid acqusitions this offseason in FA.Then I'd like us to get a atleast 2 more via draft.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast