Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikes' defensive line after the Jared Allen trade

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    BTW, isn't Allen a RDE?

If that is true, why move him?

On the KC site, they have him lined up against the LT.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/depthchart?team=KC
    Don't bring facts and logic into the equation
    Yes, allen is a RE, but if we play him at RE, we have next to noone for LE.
    Robison and Edwards are RE, and can both make an impact by rotating in and out.
    If we played Allen at RE, they would see very little playing time.
    IMO, by moving Allen to LE, it allows our young pllaymakers tto play a position they are more suited for, because although they have played it a little bit, neither would make a great LDE
    In some circles, it is not considered
    good to F with a good thing...... LOL!

I like Allen attacking the QBs blind side.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

I really think Allen is gonna start at RE... with Edwards on the other side, i see Edwards every week and it seems like he has gotten a lot bigger, and i think he could play the LE

Although i could see Allen switching from RE to LE when ever Edwards and Robison switch in and out.... when Robison would be in he would play RE and Allen would move over to LE. And when Edwards would be in he would play the LE, i think that would be Cool because then Allen would be able to fuck with both tackles throughout the game!!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    BTW, isn't Allen a RDE?

IMO, by moving Allen to LE, it allows our young pllaymakers tto play a position they are more suited for, because although they have played it a little bit, neither would make a great LDE

then who would you put at LE?
    Neither Robison or Edwards are really suited for LDE, and if you put Allen at RE, that means they won't see much playing time.
    I like Allen blowing up their weaker RT, then hitting the qb while he's not looking.
    REally, the only side of a qb which is not blind is straight through the Centere.
    If the QB is not looking to throw a quick out to the right side, he won't even see the LDE coming in for the sack

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    BTW, isn't Allen a RDE?

Neither Robison or Edwards are really suited for LDE, and if you put Allen at RE, that means they won't see much playing time.
    I like Allen blowing up their weaker RT, then hitting the qb while he's not looking.
    REally, the only side of a qb which is not blind is straight through the Centere.
    If the QB is not looking to throw a quick out to the right side, he won't even see the LDE coming in for the sack
    Make them learn, the best one starts.

Also, the RDE gets up the field and
    usually comes at the QB from directly behind him.
    Peripheral vision doesn't work through the back of the helmet.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    I really think Allen is gonna start at RE... with Edwards on the other side, i see Edwards every week and it seems like he has gotten a lot bigger, and i think he could play the LE

Although i could see Allen switching from RE to LE when ever Edwards and Robison switch in and out.... when Robison would be in he would play RE and Allen would move over to LE. And when Edwards would be in he would play the LE, i think that would be Cool because then Allen would be able to floop with both tackles throughout the game!!!
    Man, sometimes I hate the term "start" when it comes to football.
    Essentially "starting" means who is on the field for the first snap for that side of the ball.
    Who gives a poop about who/where someone "starts".
    This pissed me off to no end all last year with AD/CT.

Really, Allen gives us a DE force that can play practically anywhere on the line, any time during the game.
    What I am expecting and hoping for, is to see Allen line up on the left and right throught the game. Then rotate Robison and Edwards where he is not, depending on the DLine call for that down and distance.
    JA has the burst and strenght to dominate from either side or even in the middle if we want to get crazy.
    This will make sure that the QB, the OT, and center for the other team will HAVE to try and find him every down.
    Then stunt the shit out of them all day long.
    WTF are you gonna block if you have KW and JA running stunts to side of line...

My prediction?
    (besides pain...) A lot of QB shitting themselves next year when they play the Vikes.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=44319.msg766712#msg766712 date=1208968825]
    BTW, isn't Allen a RDE?

Make them learn, the best one starts.

Also, the RDE gets up the field and
    usually comes at the QB from directly behind him.
    Peripheral vision doesn't work through the back of the helmet.
    [/quote]
    Lets not forget that because that is usually the Right Handed QB's blind side the LT is the best tackle and the RT is the worst T.
    Truth be told he got sacks against us against Cook and he tore the Bengals up on that side as well.

Again, he will line up all over the place in passing situations. Why try and tie him down to the RDE side.
    Hell even KC wasn't stupid enough to limit him that way.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

Although i could see Allen switching from RE to LE when ever Edwards and Robison switch in and out.... when Robison would be in he would play RE and Allen would move over to LE. And when Edwards would be in he would play the LE, i think that would be Cool because then Allen would be able to floop with both tackles throughout the game!!!
    Essentially "starting" means who is on the field for the first snap for that side of the ball.

Really, Allen gives us a DE force that can play practically anywhere on the line, any time during the game.
    What I am expecting and hoping for, is to see Allen line up on the left and right throught the game. Then rotate Robison and Edwards where he is not, depending on the DLine call for that down and distance.
    JA has the burst and strenght to dominate from either side or even in the middle if we want to get crazy.
    This will make sure that the QB, the OT, and center for the other team will HAVE to try and find him every down.

Then stunt the pooh out of them all day long.

My prediction?
    (besides pain...) A lot of QB poohing themselves next year when they play the Vikes.
    Bingo.
    Another poster that deserveds to move up on the spread sheet.
    Let me check were I got ya my VaBeach friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

My prediction?
    (besides pain...) A lot of QB poohing themselves next year when they play the Vikes.
    Bingo.

;D
    Haha thanks, Marr.
    Seriously, Frazier should be doing back flips right now because the addition of Allen will make him look like a genious.

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:

My prediction?
    Bingo.

;D
    Haha thanks, Marr.
    Seriously, Frazier should be doing back flips right now because the addition of Allen will make him look like a genious.
    Hey, quick note.
    Try to discourage me from doing backflips at the TN game.
    Its funny if I'm not drinking but could get ugly after a few beers and in close quarters like a stadium
    ;D

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

The truth is we will rotate all 3 ends, just like we did last year. We rotate DTs too. Sometimes we will have both Williamses and Allen on the field. Other times we will have Robison, Edwards, and Evans all on the field.

As far as the Ends go, Allen is an obvious upgrade over Udeze in that rotation. Can Evans adequately replace Johnson? We'll see.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast