EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Bernard Berrian was lamenting about how close the Minnesota Vikings were to achieving their ultimate goal, how it should have been them and not the New Orleans Saints hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy last February.

As the Vikings' wide receiver addressed the continued frustration from the 31-28 overtime loss to the Saints in the NFC Championship Game, he pointed to an action photo of Brett Favre hanging on a wall on the other side of the room.

Bill Haber / Associated Press
Brett Favre's last pass with the Vikings was a costly fourth-quarter interception in the NFC title game.

"We know we should have won the Super Bowl, we should be champs right now," Berrian said. "That's where we're leaving off, and I think that's where he's leaving off, too. I think that's lingering around his head, too -- that there are still plays to be made out there. I'm hoping that's what he's thinking."

Still pointing to Favre's picture, Berrian acknowledged something else for which he was hopeful.

"I hope that's not as close as it gets," he said of the picture of Favre in a Vikings' uniform. "I want to see him live."
Vikes believe unfinished business will bring back Favre