Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    [quote author=Eyedea link=topic=45486.msg789106#msg789106 date=1212720015]
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=45486.msg789098#msg789098 date=1212718797]
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=45486.msg789047#msg789047 date=1212702028]
    maybe its because vikings.com sucks jiggly butt
    Exactly vikings.com is by far the worst of all of the nfl.com sites gol 'darnit iggy throw some mony at Webby so he can make your site better
    I can't stand when people think PP.O should be the offical site.
    It's crazy!
    Do you think an offical NFL site would have a 'Packers Suck" section?
    Do you think a Viking's offical site would have criticism of the Vikings?
    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site.
    If you can't stand the site then why are you here?

    Nobody said anything about making PPO the official site.
    Exactly! This is about fan site "hits". If PP.O was listed on that chart, it would rank higher than all the rest. At many times during the day we have over 100 people on line just lurking & our membership is always increasing.

    There's a reason over 8,000 members have joined this site over other Vikings fan sites.

    How can Vikings.com take a shitload of hits when people are coming here to find the latest news?
    Even though you guys are right with your points, Eyedea is also right with his as well.....

    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site
    My attempt at trying to say this will probably get lost like Eyedea's was however I will try.
    Maybe Webby will chime in and help out.

    If Ziggy/Vikes org did anything in the ways of validating our existence (as Garland aluded to) we would have to clean up our act quite a bit I would suspect.
    [/quote]

    I totally agree with you and Eyedea's post.
    This is not a site that is qualified to be the "Official site" and that is probably one of the main reasons it is so great.


    To me PP.O falls somewhere in the middle of the obnoxious KFAN boards and the boring/tame vikings.com site - making it the best gol 'darnit fan site on the internet. (if that makes sense to anybody)
    [/quote]
    Nice post my friend.
    Just one comment.

    Again, so we don't get everyone upset, I don't think eyedea (I sure wasn't) is thinking along the lines of being tabbed as official but rather more along the lines of "recognition/mention/.support" by the ownership group would bring with it a strict structure that would eliminate some of the freedoms that alot of us believe make this site great.
    [/quote]

    I never intended anything about PPO being the Official site. What I meant to say is that since Webby doe s a great job with this site he could do the smae with running the vikings.com site.
    Vikings.com needs a makeover badly. I just think that someone that runs a great viking site may also be able to do the same with the "official site"
    how this all got twisted around I have no idea. When I said "throw some money at Webby so he can make your site better" is exactly what I meant Let webby take a crack or shot at revamping vikings.com. How in the hell that got translated into make PPO the official site is beyond me.

  2. #22
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=45486.msg789047#msg789047 date=1212702028]
    maybe its because vikings.com sucks jiggly butt
    Exactly vikings.com is by far the worst of all of the nfl.com sites gol 'darnit iggy throw some mony at Webby so he can make your site better
    I can't stand when people think PP.O should be the offical site.
    It's crazy!
    Do you think an offical NFL site would have a 'Packers Suck" section?
    Do you think a Viking's offical site would have criticism of the Vikings?
    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site.
    If you can't stand the site then why are you here?

    Nobody said anything about making PPO the official site.
    Exactly! This is about fan site "hits". If PP.O was listed on that chart, it would rank higher than all the rest. At many times during the day we have over 100 people on line just lurking & our membership is always increasing.

    There's a reason over 8,000 members have joined this site over other Vikings fan sites.

    How can Vikings.com take a shitload of hits when people are coming here to find the latest news?
    Even though you guys are right with your points, Eyedea is also right with his as well.....

    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site
    My attempt at trying to say this will probably get lost like Eyedea's was however I will try.
    Maybe Webby will chime in and help out.

    If Ziggy/Vikes org did anything in the ways of validating our existence (as Garland aluded to) we would have to clean up our act quite a bit I would suspect.
    [/quote]

    Hey Marr,
    Sorry but eyedeas idea has no merit in th first place as what he is saying has absolutely nothing with what I said. Again as I said above how hire Webby(throw money at him) to run your site(Vikings.org) to have PPO be the official site is beyond me. Sorry my friend But I am really confused as to how this got completely turned around into something that was never said ???

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=45486.msg789098#msg789098 date=1212718797]
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=45486.msg789047#msg789047 date=1212702028]
    maybe its because vikings.com sucks jiggly butt
    Exactly vikings.com is by far the worst of all of the nfl.com sites gol 'darnit iggy throw some mony at Webby so he can make your site better
    I can't stand when people think PP.O should be the offical site.
    It's crazy!
    Do you think an offical NFL site would have a 'Packers Suck" section?
    Do you think a Viking's offical site would have criticism of the Vikings?
    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site.
    If you can't stand the site then why are you here?

    Nobody said anything about making PPO the official site.
    Exactly! This is about fan site "hits". If PP.O was listed on that chart, it would rank higher than all the rest. At many times during the day we have over 100 people on line just lurking & our membership is always increasing.

    There's a reason over 8,000 members have joined this site over other Vikings fan sites.

    How can Vikings.com take a shitload of hits when people are coming here to find the latest news?
    Even though you guys are right with your points, Eyedea is also right with his as well.....

    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site
    My attempt at trying to say this will probably get lost like Eyedea's was however I will try.

    Maybe Webby will chime in and help out.

    If Ziggy/Vikes org did anything in the ways of validating our existence (as Garland aluded to) we would have to clean up our act quite a bit I would suspect.
    [/quote]

    Hey Marr,
    Sorry but eyedeas idea has no merit in th first place as what he is saying has absolutely nothing with what I said. Again as I said above how hire Webby(throw money at him) to run your site(Vikings.org) to have PPO be the official site is beyond me. Sorry my friend But I am really confused as to how this got completely turned around into something that was never said ???
    [/quote]
    I agree with you my friend.


    I was just trying to put a good spin on it.
    Kindof trying to take the high road here.
    Sorry my attempt failed.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "Garland" wrote:
    I never intended anything about PPO being the Official site. What I meant to say is that since Webby doe s a great job with this site he could do the smae with running the vikings.com site.
    Vikings.com needs a makeover badly. I just think that someone that runs a great viking site may also be able to do the same with the "official site"
    how this all got twisted around I have no idea. When I said "throw some money at Webby so he can make your site better" is exactly what I meant Let webby take a crack or shot at revamping vikings.com. How in the hell that got translated into make PPO the official site is beyond me.
    I think we are losing site of one thing.
    What makes PP.O great is the forums and social aspect of it.
    Webby does a lot of work with PP.O, but in all actuality he contributes a relatively small amount of content.
    It's that constant community contributed content that keeps us all coming back.
    Vikings.com is not, and can not, be that kind of site for a myriad of reasons.

    Do I think that Vikings.com could be better? Absolutely.
    I would love to see more interactive content such as virtual stadiums (old met, metrodome, and the new stadium, NFL Film footage from every game (possible licensing issue with nfl.com), no more stale content, daily editorial blog, daily news, etc.
    Maybe put the Vikings commercials on there, add some flash headers, etc.
    Make sure the content is changing often enough to drive traffic back there.

    But in looking at improvements like that, I also realize that it would take a lot more than one person to do it.
    I say this from several years experience in marketing and professional site design.
    It would take a professional web development team to get it done.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1346
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
  2. Packers Blow Website
    By WBLVikeBabe in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 09:47 PM
  3. Vikes / Lions game stats
    By XTAP59 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 07:15 PM
  4. Packers website Time 4!!!
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 07:23 PM
  5. Other than the vikes website which is the best in the north
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 11:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •