Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "marstc09" wrote:
    There is only one Vikings site. PP.O!
    exactly


    i used to check Vikings.com a couple times a week to see if anything new has came up.... now i just check this a few times a day
    ;D ;D


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    maybe its because vikings.com sucks jiggly butt
    Exactly vikings.com is by far the worst of all of the nfl.com sites gol 'darnit iggy throw some mony at Webby so he can make your site better
    I can't stand when people think PP.O should be the offical site.
    It's crazy!
    Do you think an offical NFL site would have a 'Packers Suck" section?
    Do you think a Viking's offical site would have criticism of the Vikings?
    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site.
    If you can't stand the site then why are you here?

    Nobody said anything about making PPO the official site.
    Exactly! This is about fan site "hits". If PP.O was listed on that chart, it would rank higher than all the rest. At many times during the day we have over 100 people on line just lurking & our membership is always increasing.

    There's a reason over 8,000 members have joined this site over other Vikings fan sites.

    How can Vikings.com take a shitload of hits when people are coming here to find the latest news?
    Even though you guys are right with your points, Eyedea is also right with his as well.....

    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site
    My attempt at trying to say this will probably get lost like Eyedea's was however I will try.
    Maybe Webby will chime in and help out.

    If Ziggy/Vikes org did anything in the ways of validating our existence (as Garland aluded to) we would have to clean up our act quite a bit I would suspect.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,776
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    If Ziggy/Vikes org did anything in the ways of validating our existence (as Garland aluded to) we would have to clean up our act quite a bit I would suspect.
    to spell that for a few that would mean no more HOF, taking a dump, boobies thread etc .. get the idea?
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  4. #14
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=45486.msg789047#msg789047 date=1212702028]
    maybe its because vikings.com sucks jiggly butt
    Exactly vikings.com is by far the worst of all of the nfl.com sites gol 'darnit iggy throw some mony at Webby so he can make your site better
    I can't stand when people think PP.O should be the offical site.
    It's crazy!
    Do you think an offical NFL site would have a 'Packers Suck" section?
    Do you think a Viking's offical site would have criticism of the Vikings?
    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site.
    If you can't stand the site then why are you here?

    Nobody said anything about making PPO the official site.
    Exactly! This is about fan site "hits". If PP.O was listed on that chart, it would rank higher than all the rest. At many times during the day we have over 100 people on line just lurking & our membership is always increasing.

    There's a reason over 8,000 members have joined this site over other Vikings fan sites.

    How can Vikings.com take a shitload of hits when people are coming here to find the latest news?
    Even though you guys are right with your points, Eyedea is also right with his as well.....

    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site
    My attempt at trying to say this will probably get lost like Eyedea's was however I will try.

    Maybe Webby will chime in and help out.

    If Ziggy/Vikes org did anything in the ways of validating our existence (as Garland aluded to) we would have to clean up our act quite a bit I would suspect.
    [/quote]

    I totally agree with you and Eyedea's post.
    This is not a site that is qualified to be the "Official site" and that is probably one of the main reasons it is so great.


    To me PP.O falls somewhere in the middle of the obnoxious KFAN boards and the boring/tame vikings.com site - making it the best damn fan site on the internet. (if that makes sense to anybody)

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=45486.msg789098#msg789098 date=1212718797]
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=45486.msg789047#msg789047 date=1212702028]
    maybe its because vikings.com sucks jiggly butt
    Exactly vikings.com is by far the worst of all of the nfl.com sites gol 'darnit iggy throw some mony at Webby so he can make your site better
    I can't stand when people think PP.O should be the offical site.
    It's crazy!
    Do you think an offical NFL site would have a 'Packers Suck" section?
    Do you think a Viking's offical site would have criticism of the Vikings?
    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site.
    If you can't stand the site then why are you here?

    Nobody said anything about making PPO the official site.
    Exactly! This is about fan site "hits". If PP.O was listed on that chart, it would rank higher than all the rest. At many times during the day we have over 100 people on line just lurking & our membership is always increasing.

    There's a reason over 8,000 members have joined this site over other Vikings fan sites.

    How can Vikings.com take a shitload of hits when people are coming here to find the latest news?
    Even though you guys are right with your points, Eyedea is also right with his as well.....

    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site
    My attempt at trying to say this will probably get lost like Eyedea's was however I will try.

    Maybe Webby will chime in and help out.

    If Ziggy/Vikes org did anything in the ways of validating our existence (as Garland aluded to) we would have to clean up our act quite a bit I would suspect.
    [/quote]

    I totally agree with you and Eyedea's post.
    This is not a site that is qualified to be the "Official site" and that is probably one of the main reasons it is so great.


    To me PP.O falls somewhere in the middle of the obnoxious KFAN boards and the boring/tame vikings.com site - making it the best gol 'darnit fan site on the internet. (if that makes sense to anybody)
    [/quote]
    Nice post my friend.
    Just one comment.

    Again, so we don't get everyone upset, I don't think eyedea (I sure wasn't) is thinking along the lines of being tabbed as official but rather more along the lines of "recognition/mention/.support" by the ownership group would bring with it a strict structure that would eliminate some of the freedoms that alot of us believe make this site great.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    maybe its because vikings.com sucks jiggly butt
    Exactly vikings.com is by far the worst of all of the nfl.com sites gol 'darnit iggy throw some mony at Webby so he can make your site better
    I can't stand when people think PP.O should be the offical site.
    It's crazy!
    Do you think an offical NFL site would have a 'Packers Suck" section?
    Do you think a Viking's offical site would have criticism of the Vikings?
    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site.
    If you can't stand the site then why are you here?

    Nobody said anything about making PPO the official site.
    Exactly! This is about fan site "hits". If PP.O was listed on that chart, it would rank higher than all the rest. At many times during the day we have over 100 people on line just lurking & our membership is always increasing.

    There's a reason over 8,000 members have joined this site over other Vikings fan sites.

    How can Vikings.com take a shitload of hits when people are coming here to find the latest news?
    Well, no it wouldn't.
    PP.O gets far less traffic that vikings.com does.
    [img width=450 height=257]http://widgets.alexa.com/traffic/graph/?r=3m&y=r&z=3&h=400&w=700&c=1&u%5B%5D=www.vikings. com&u%5B%5D=www.purplepride.org&x=2008-06-06T15%3A44%3A41.000Z&check=www.alexa.com&signature =hSYzLHlNW6YpkL%2BKYUkydzUa8lA%3D[/img]

    However, this shouldn't be surprising in any way.
    While PP.O is the largest (and best) private online fan forum, it is not the only one.
    We may have 8000 members, but there are 55,000 season ticket holders, and probably many times that number of Vikings fans worldwide.
    PP.O is just a small cross section of Vikings fans.

    Plus it is directly linked to from NFL.com.
    So any non-vikings fan who wants to see some team info, or look into getting tickets, will almost always end up at vikings.com instead.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    [quote author=dcboardr41 link=topic=45486.msg789047#msg789047 date=1212702028]
    maybe its because vikings.com sucks jiggly butt
    Exactly vikings.com is by far the worst of all of the nfl.com sites gol 'darnit iggy throw some mony at Webby so he can make your site better
    I can't stand when people think PP.O should be the offical site.
    It's crazy!
    Do you think an offical NFL site would have a 'Packers Suck" section?
    Do you think a Viking's offical site would have criticism of the Vikings?
    The things that make PP.O good are the things that make it a bad offical team site.
    If you can't stand the site then why are you here?

    Nobody said anything about making PPO the official site.
    Exactly! This is about fan site "hits". If PP.O was listed on that chart, it would rank higher than all the rest. At many times during the day we have over 100 people on line just lurking & our membership is always increasing.

    There's a reason over 8,000 members have joined this site over other Vikings fan sites.

    How can Vikings.com take a shitload of hits when people are coming here to find the latest news?
    Well, no it wouldn't.
    PP.O gets far less traffic that vikings.com does.
    [img width=450 height=257]http://widgets.alexa.com/traffic/graph/?r=3m&y=r&z=3&h=400&w=700&c=1&u%5B%5D=www.vikings. com&u%5B%5D=www.purplepride.org&x=2008-06-06T15%3A44%3A41.000Z&check=www.alexa.com&signature =hSYzLHlNW6YpkL%2BKYUkydzUa8lA%3D[/img]

    However, this shouldn't be surprising in any way.
    While PP.O is the largest (and best) private online fan forum, it is not the only one.
    We may have 8000 members, but there are 55,000 season ticket holders, and probably many times that number of Vikings fans worldwide.
    PP.O is just a small cross section of Vikings fans.

    Plus it is directly linked to from NFL.com.
    So any non-vikings fan who wants to see some team info, or look into getting tickets, will almost always end up at vikings.com instead.
    [/quote]

    Either way.. Vikings.com sucks John david's Booty!!!....

    By far the worst site i've been too!!... It's always out dated and it doesn't go into much depth about team info or anything!..

    they seriously need to get that stadium, then maybe they can actually hire somebody to make sure the site gets updated more frequently... it's really pathetic!!..

  8. #18
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    Either way.. Vikings.com sucks John david's Booty!!!....

    By far the worst site i've been too!!... It's always out dated and it doesn't go into much depth about team info or anything!..

    they seriously need to get that stadium, then maybe they can actually hire somebody to make sure the site gets updated more frequently... it's really pathetic!!..
    That's actually not a bad idea... that's kinda what I do for a living. I think I may reach out to them.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #19
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    "C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    Either way.. Vikings.com sucks John david's Booty!!!....

    By far the worst site i've been too!!... It's always out dated and it doesn't go into much depth about team info or anything!..

    they seriously need to get that stadium, then maybe they can actually hire somebody to make sure the site gets updated more frequently... it's really pathetic!!..
    That's actually not a bad idea... that's kinda what I do for a living. I think I may reach out to them.

    Well good!!! and if you get hired.. i'm gonna want a 2% agent fee for hooking you up with the idea!!...lol
    ;D
    no seriously tho!!..lol
    ;D

  10. #20
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Vikes, Bears, Packers & Lions Website Stats

    There's an advertisement for Chevy dealership called Grossman's... I mean, come on....

    [img width=450 height=288]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2447/vikingssiteem3.png[/img]
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1346
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
  2. Packers Blow Website
    By WBLVikeBabe in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 09:47 PM
  3. Vikes / Lions game stats
    By XTAP59 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 07:15 PM
  4. Packers website Time 4!!!
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 07:23 PM
  5. Other than the vikes website which is the best in the north
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 11:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •