Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Two damn fine observations in there my friend, and the last line, ........spot on. Top shelf, top shelf indeed.

I just moved you up several columns on the main spreadsheets.
    I would have guessed you had smegma all over your spreadsheets.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I would have guessed you had smegma all over your spreadsheets.
    Yeah, that one made me chuckle.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    When your 1-5, accusations are going to start flying.

Frazier is in way over his head and he has no one to lean on to help him out. Unproven OC, unproven DC, unproven FO,......

I really hope Zygi does the right thing in the offseason and brings in real football people to run this organization. As has been said by many others, until this is done, everything else is pretty insignificant.
    +1
    I am absolutely sick and tired of this team elevating unproven coaches to a position where they can operate at their highest level of incompetence. Not hating on Frazier, just pissed that this franchise has not hired a proven NFL head coach with a good track record when it had a vacancy for a long time. Jerry Burns, Dennis Green, Mike Tice, Brad Childress, and now Leslie Frazier. Only Green worked out over long haul but ended badly.
    There are guys out there who could do a lot better with this team than our current crop of coaches (I stopped hoping for Cowher-he ain't leaving the studio) but Zygi has to go out and get them.
    And speaking of Wilf, what the hell is he doing smiling and waving to the cameras when his team is getting trounced. Can't remember ever seeing something like that. Someone forgot to tell this genius that we were losing by 29, not winning. Sure hope he doesn't have LA on his mind.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keystonevike View Post
    +1
    I am absolutely sick and tired of this team elevating unproven coaches to a position where they can operate at their highest level of incompetence. Not hating on Frazier, just pissed that this franchise has not hired a proven NFL head coach with a good track record when it had a vacancy for a long time. Jerry Burns, Dennis Green, Mike Tice, Brad Childress, and now Leslie Frazier. Only Green worked out over long haul but ended badly.
    There are guys out there who could do a lot better with this team than our current crop of coaches (I stopped hoping for Cowher-he ain't leaving the studio) but Zygi has to go out and get them.
    And speaking of Wilf, what the hell is he doing smiling and waving to the cameras when his team is getting trounced. Can't remember ever seeing something like that. Someone forgot to tell this genius that we were losing by 29, not winning. Sure hope he doesn't have LA on his mind.
    Not only that they have elevated those coaches but also that they let guys like Dungy, Billick and Tomlin leave and win a SB while we kept coaches who couldn't.

In the end I blame the coaches less than the ownership groups. If they spent half the time building the roster that they have passing the tin cup they could have had multiple rings already.

If they don't hire a real GM and build a solid FO they might just as well mail it in and bring Tice and Chilly both back.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    When your 1-5, accusations are going to start flying.

Frazier is in way over his head and he has no one to lean on to help him out. Unproven OC, unproven DC, unproven FO,......

I really hope Zygi does the right thing in the offseason and brings in real football people to run this organization. As has been said by many others, until this is done, everything else is pretty insignificant.
    He didn't hire an "unproven" OC...he hired one who had FAILED miserably on two separate occasions. Once he quit after 4 games, and the other time he was simply "released" by Jacksonville after 2 seasons.

Too bad Leslie didn't have access to a computer so he could google Musgrave too....

oh.......wait....

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Even if I go ahead and lump the "Route" issue with the one that was thrown out of bounds, we are talking two dang throws. How in the heck can you, or anyone say that that is evidence that he can't throw a long ball?
    All I said was that those were first impressions & when I saw them, it reminded me of what critics were saying before & after the draft.

If those two passes gave you a warm fuzzy & solidified in your mind that he won't have any problems floating the ball or missing his targets, then good for you.

I didn't get that impression.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-19-2011 at 07:15 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    He didn't hire an "unproven" OC...he hired one who had FAILED miserably on two separate occasions. Once he quit after 4 games, and the other time he was simply "released" by Jacksonville after 2 seasons.

Too bad Leslie didn't have access to a computer so he could google Musgrave too....

oh.......wait....

Caine
    Very true, I was unimpressed at his signing especially with the coupling of Frazier as head coach who was not going to be able to help him out.

Unproven as a successful OC still works though right. Proven as an unsuccessful OC would have been better stated, but it didn't flow as well

Yet another pattern as of late. Hire people that won't challenge you. Everyone is just happy to be promoted so no one pushes back on their respective management.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011