Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Vikes banking on Childress, Johnson

he was right on the fact childress is banking on johnson. remember folks johnson choked big time when it came to playing semi-quality teams last year. if we have to depend on him for one second, i sugest leaving the stadium early or turning off the tv. I have no faith in johnson, he is washed up and cannot beat quality teams. please dont bring up the SB ring or the WC offense, that was in the distant past. Last year he sucked when it mattered.
    You republican whore!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    he was right on the fact childress is banking on johnson. remember folks johnson choked big time when it came to playing semi-quality teams last year. if we have to depend on him for one second, i sugest leaving the stadium early or turning off the tv. I have no faith in johnson, he is washed up and cannot beat quality teams. please dont bring up the SB ring or the WC offense, that was in the distant past. Last year he sucked when it mattered.
    I see your point, but only two games mattered?
    If it weren't for Brad those games would not have mattered at all. They would have been insignificant games for a team that had no chance of making the playoffs.

Not every ggod football player is a clutch footballplayer. Yes it is nice when you know a player has the ability to make a clutch play at the right time,but some fans prefer consistency. I like players who don't turn the ball over when protecting a 4th quarter lead.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Prophet Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

same thing, different author

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    that's kinda laughable...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Yawn.

The same arguement could easily be made for Daunte. He only beat NO and the Packers last season. Every other "quality" team blew us out of the water. The surrounding cast have as much impact on the outcome of the game, if not more. In the offseason we upgraded key parts of that cast, from coaches to OL to RB. That is what I am banking on for this coming season.

And I don't leave the stadium early or shut off the TV... no matter how the game is going. :wink:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I want to know how a professional writer makes mistakes like this:

Love Boat infamey
    The correct word is infamy.

Spielman was binding his time
    The correct word is biding.
    I saw those earlier...but the BIGGEST mistake (one that showed that the author did NOT do any research besides checking to see what was on the Packer websites) is the one where he didn't even know that our running game will be anchored by Chester Taylor:

"The running game will now feature Mewelde Moore..."

What a DUMB BASS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I see it was all Brads fault. Thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that maybe it was Tice's stupid game prep, and Cottrells idiot defensive schemes, an O line that was really weak and couldn't protect anyone or provide much of a running game to take the pressure off the quarterback. I didn't realize that it was all Brads fault that he lost 2 whole games last year. :roll: Glad to see you will be leaving the stadium early DA.

WWBGD

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

This guy is such an idiot and I dont think that just because I am a biased Vikings fan. The biggest points of his article are totally flawed. As previously pointed out C.T. is our running back not MM. Yeah Koren was a slight risk but his contract was only for a year and he was on a short leash. Now hes a pro bowl player and could be a #1 WR yet the author still talks like it was a bad move. Did this guy even follow the Vikings season and offseason? Its like he just took headlines and wrote an article meshing them all together. Brad won 8 games behind a terrible line and now the line is one of the best in the league, on paper. In theory Brad should be better, especially since he will have a run game now. Two everyone wants to talk about the loss of Burleson but he was injured a chunk of the year and was mostly ineffective the rest, so how does his loss so drastically hurt the team? The Vikes still have 3 first round picks for WR's. How many other teams have that luxury?? The quality of sports reporting is getting worse and worse these days. And editors dont only fix typos, they are supposed to review the general information within the article, so the starting RB comment should have been caught. Shows the great intelligence over at foxsports

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    You are getting hammered, so I thought I would join in and hammer some more! Kick a guy when he is down!

To blame Brad alone is ridiculous! The O-line was pathetic and was the area that got the most attention in the off season. We did not have a running game to any pressure off of our passing game, and against the better teams we paid the price.

If you dislike Brad that is your opinion, and I myself would rather see a different starting QB this year, but it is going to be Brad. I do not think you can blame him alone for what happened last year, he did go 7 - 2 when Daunte could only manage 2 - 5 with the same players! You can say it was against weak teams, but to go 7 -2 in the NFL against what ever teams you are facing is tough to do.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast