Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheViking is offline Rookie

The Vikes arent done just yet....

This is what Len Pasquarelli had to say about the Vikes.

Minnesota: Like the Packers, the Vikings certainly benefit from the dubious company they keep in the NFL's weakest division. Arguably the NFL's most disappointing team through the first two weeks, particularly on offense, Minnesota has turned the ball over on half of its 24 possessions. Quarterback Daunte Culpepper, the subject of criticism from dead-man-walking head coach Mike Tice this week, has already coughed up eight interceptions. He didn't throw his eighth pick in 2004 until the 13th game of the year. The running game is going nowhere, in part because the offensive line can't knock defenders off the ball minus Pro Bowl center Matt Birk, and Tice still can't settle on his starting tailback. As bad as the scores have been, the defense hasn't played all that poorly, but keeps having to defend a short field because of the offensive giveaways. Word is that some of the mates aboard the creaky Vikings ship are one loss away from mutiny. The team convened a players-only meeting early this week, never a good sign.

Interesting comment about a mutiny, I wonder who he is referring too.
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: The Vikes arent done just yet....

gee... i wonder :roll:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The players only meeting is a good thing IMO. It helps them bond as a team and have real leaders emerge whether it is in mutiny or not.

I agree what’s wrong with players getting together and figuring things out. To me its a sign that Tice is not a good leader. He doesn’t know how to get his players motivated or buy into what he is trying to sell. It also shows that the players 2 games into the season understand they are not out of it yet, the still care about this season and making it to the playoffs.
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The players meeting is good, that at least means the players are on the same page, even if the coaches aren't. The staff can (or will) change if there is a mutiny, but the players are stuck with one another, so they have to get along.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Well, we all will only know how or what became of that meeting .... On Sunday. As it all means nothing, if it doesn't change things then.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I think a players meeting shows initiative and i am happy to see this happen. I do agree that tice may be losing control, that is if he ever had it...
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Sunday will tell us allot of things. Will Tice be making the play calls? Did the players meeting get them motivated for this game? Is Loney going to be doing anything of value? If we win, how much improvement was made over the last 2 games? This game will be full of things to look for not to mention lip reading. (jk thought I would throw it in for fun)

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I too have seen these "players only" meetings do good things for teams. Especially if there are hard feelings, backbiting and other issues going on. It usually settles the scores and helps a team mature TOGETHER!
    I hope it works for the Vikes as it's worked for other teams.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Well, we all will only know how or what became of that meeting .... On Sunday. As it all means nothing, if it doesn't change things then.
    Definatly.....good for them for taking some inicative, but if come sunday we're all saying its only week three they could still turn it around its worthless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast