Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes: #6 Defense

Personally, I am happy about having a top 10 defense.
    The offense is ranked at #19.
    Both are based on Yds/G.
    Fix the glitches.

I hated the years where we had a top 10 offense and a 25+ rated defense.
    This is a much better situation to be in, keep the D strong and get the red zone under control on the offense.

Sure, a simplistic view, but sometimes that is the view to take when the problems are complicated and interwoven.
    We can simply take a glimpse at a an objective stat.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikes: #6 Defense

Where do we rank when it comes to getting screwed by the REFS...it's gotta be top 10 after the Patsy game!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Doesn't mean a dam thing when we are losing to teams like the 49ers.. We can't rely on our defense to win every game for us, with that being said, we can't rely on our offense winning any games for us.. We have a very weak offense, and other teams know that..

So, being #6 in defense doesn't mean jackshit when we are 4-4 and we just lost to a pathetic team like the 49ers.. We just lost to a team that was supposed to be in our " Easy part of the schedule".. If that pathetic QB, and our even more pathetic WR's don't turn it around very soon, we will be cellar dwellers..

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Doesn't mean a dam thing when we are losing to teams like the 49ers.. We can't rely on our defense to win every game for us, with that being said, we can't rely on our offense winning any games for us.. We have a very weak offense, and other teams know that..

So, being #6 in defense doesn't mean jackshit when we are 4-4 and we just lost to a pathetic team like the 49ers.. We just lost to a team that was supposed to be in our " Easy part of the schedule".. If that pathetic QB, and our even more pathetic WR's don't turn it around very soon, we will be cellar dwellers..
    It also didn't mean a damn thing when the offense was #1 and the defense couldn't stop anything.
    Both scenarios result in nothing.

I am well beyond wishing for a playoff berth.
    After watching the Vikings lose four SBs and watching them get beat out of the playoffs countless times I'm ready for a stout D and am waiting on the O to improve.

If you thought that a first year HC was bringing us to the promised land his first year than your purple shades are orders of magnitude more tinted then mine.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

It also didn't mean a gol 'darnit thing when the offense was #1 and the defense couldn't stop anything.

After watching the Vikings lose four SBs and watching them get beat out of the playoffs countless times I'm ready for a stout D and am waiting on the O to improve.

If you thought that a first year HC was bringing us to the promised land his first year than your purple shades are orders of magnitude more tinted then mine.

Oh, I hear ya loud and clear.. It seems like we can never right both sides of the ball at the same time.. Before we had a great offense, and a crappy defense, now it is the other way around.. I also never thought that a first year HC would take us all the way, but I thought we would be doing more then this.. Point being, this is going to be a wasted year for sure.. Our defense is playing their hearts out, while our offense is playing like they don't have a heartbeat..

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

It also didn't mean a gol 'darnit thing when the offense was #1 and the defense couldn't stop anything.

Oh, I hear ya loud and clear.. It seems like we can never right both sides of the ball at the same time.. Before we had a great offense, and a crappy defense, now it is the other way around.. I also never thought that a first year HC would take us all the way, but I thought we would be doing more then this.. Point being, this is going to be a wasted year for sure.. Our defense is playing their hearts out, while our offense is playing like they don't have a heartbeat..
    There is no way this is a wasted year.
    We're sitting at 0.500 and the lines and the players and the coaches are getting more experience with every snap.
    Shit, the Phins were sucking it up and they beat the 'best' team in football yesterday according to 100% of the power poll trolls.
    The season is far from over. If they improve in the facets of the game where they need it they will only be stronger next year.