Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Vikings Ketchup is offline Training Camp

Re: Vikes 2006 Playoff chances

So many scouts said this team was a Super Bowl calibar team. I think that may be the truth, we have probably one of the best DB corps in the league, great front 4 with the William "bros.", Udeze, and Scott (I think the ends are still pretty good despite their performance), I think this might be the year Napolean and E.J. break out again. We have a few tough games ahead of us such as Seattle, New England, and Chicago; but I think we stand a great chance of a wild card game for sure. (two games I'm looking forward too are, Minnesota at Miami, Vikes vs. Daunte, and then Arizona at Minnesota, Dennis Green vs. his old team)
    I'm stuck in Wisconson. Yet I don't care cause as long as the Vikes keep on kicking the Pack's a$$, I'll stay here to piss off the Packer fans!

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

I agree with the 2-3 yr plan. It would be awsome to make and go far in the playoffs. Who knows? That's why they play the game on Sunday! I also agree that we probably won't win in Chicago (we just don't). However, there is always the start or a turn around. Georgia found that out this weekend against Vanderbuilt.

I really think that if the Bears are gulp (undefeated) when we come rolling in, it will be a very hard game to win. First, they always play us tough, whether it be at home or Solider field. Second, their O will be so confident and clicking that it might be really tough (I'm only being realistic).

I will say it again. When we played the Bears close at home, they were a different team. I believe that it was that game that started their O on a roll. I really hope that by the time we get to Solider field, our O can have the same confidence.

Sorry if many of you don't agree. This is just my opinion.

Prophet Guest

"grpape" wrote:
    ...Sorry if many of you don't agree. This is just my opinion.
    It's better if people don't agree, more discussion.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Playoff chances = Good

It's after we get there that worries me.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Playoff chances = Good

It's after we get there that worries me.
    You do have a point with that, the Vikings haven't been the best team to ever last through the playoffs very long, (1998 season when we went 15-1, or mabye even the 4 lost Super Bowls) so I'd be worried about the playoffs too no matter how much I believe in the team.
    I'm stuck in Wisconson. Yet I don't care cause as long as the Vikes keep on kicking the Pack's a$$, I'll stay here to piss off the Packer fans!

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

The Vikings look to squeak into the playoffs this year as a wild card team. The division is out of reach barring an injury to a key defensive player for the Bears, but I do see us making a playoff appearance probably against Seattle or New Orleans. I think that the Vikings stand a chance against NO, but if Seattle has Alexander it will be tough to get out of the first round. Also if we do win and play the Bears, I see a distinct chance at an NFC title matchup against the Eagles or Carolina. It just seems to me that the Bears are really getting alot of pub for being so good, yet it took them a late fourth quarter TD to beat the vikings and they even gave us a chance at it.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Actually I think the Vikes might be able to stand up against the Seahawks even if they do have Shaun Alexander. We held Kevin Jones (3rd Rookie Running Back ever in NFL history to run for +1,100 yards) to only 8 yards the entire game. Thats insane in my opinion, Shaun didn't get 1,100 yards as a rookie, and isn't the best Running Back in the league in my opinion, he hasn't been able to run behind his new O-line (that we destroyed ;D) very well. Anyways LJ is the best Running Back in the league so if I were anyteams coach I'd be more worried about him then Shaun Alexander (the not so great). ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123