Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    PacNWVike's Avatar
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    "davike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ...LET'S GO 15-1 !!!!!
    HEY GREAT IDEA, i agree totally, lets just go 15-1 and be done with it and then march on and take the SB ;D way to think positive!!
    If I cruised around in a great looking Benz I'd be positive too!!!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

  2. #22
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am extremely pleased with how the Vikes are starting the year.
    I originally picked them to go 9-7 this year, but I had them losing the first two games and beating chicago in the dome.
    So that tells you how good my prediction abilities are. ;D

    Here is my highly scientific look at the rest of the schedule.

    Most Likely Wins:
    Green Bay X 2
    Detroit X 2
    49ers

    50/50s:
    Buffalo
    Miami
    Arizona
    Jets
    Rams

    Probable Losses:
    Seattle
    New England
    Bears

    If we count the probable wins as wins, and the probable losses as losses, and half the 50/50s as wins (see I told you it was highly scientific ), we end up with an overall record of 10-6 or 9-7.
    That might be enough to make the playoffs, but we need to have some good showings against those 50/50 teams to solidify it, and can't afford to lose to any of the probable win teams.
    i think we have what it takes to beat all the "50/50's" and we have what it takes to make the game really close against your probable losses" teams, we just really need to cut back the penalties and our offense needs to do better and make some drives that go to the endzone, not just the redzone and then stop. it would be nice to see some of our deffenders catch some interceptions when they are thrown right at them as well. against a mediocre defense, i think our offense will do fine, but if we get into the playoffs there probably won't be any mediocre deffenses so we need to learn to put up TD against good D's

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  3. #23
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it seems like the intradivisional games are always a battle regardless of how good the teams are that year.
    It would be crushing to not sweep the Lions and Packers, but it wouldnt' surprise me if they didn't.

  4. #24
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it seems like the intradivisional games are always a battle regardless of how good the teams are that year.
    It would be crushing to not sweep the Lions and Packers, but it wouldnt' surprise me if they didn't.
    2004 the Packers Swept us by a field goal both games, 2005 we swept them by a field goald both games.....The lions games were close too definately not a gimmie, in fact I would move both the lions and packers into the 50/50 category and move a few teams out into the W column.


  5. #25
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    were fine, but there is absolutely no denying the offense needs alot of work if we expect to contend for the North title
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  6. #26
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it seems like the intradivisional games are always a battle regardless of how good the teams are that year.
    It would be crushing to not sweep the Lions and Packers, but it wouldnt' surprise me if they didn't.
    thats true because we all know each other so well, but it will be different this year because most of us have different coaches and systems.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  7. #27
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am extremely pleased with how the Vikes are starting the year.
    I originally picked them to go 9-7 this year, but I had them losing the first two games and beating chicago in the dome.
    So that tells you how good my prediction abilities are. ;D

    Here is my highly scientific look at the rest of the schedule.

    Most Likely Wins:
    Green Bay X 2
    Detroit X 2
    49ers

    50/50s:
    Buffalo
    Miami
    Arizona
    Jets
    Rams

    Probable Losses:
    Seattle
    New England
    Bears

    If we count the probable wins as wins, and the probable losses as losses, and half the 50/50s as wins (see I told you it was highly scientific ), we end up with an overall record of 10-6 or 9-7.
    That might be enough to make the playoffs, but we need to have some good showings against those 50/50 teams to solidify it, and can't afford to lose to any of the probable win teams.
    You heard it here first. We're going to destroy the Patsies and squeak by against the Seachickens. That being so, we will also, of course, get blown out by the Lions and Niners.
    :

  8. #28
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,712
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    I was pretty disconsolate after the Bear's defeat thinking that was a game we should have won but after having time to contemplate I'm a bit more happy now. After 3 games we could have been 3-0 but at the same time we could have been 0-3 or anything in between as each game has been so tight.
    Now when you take into account the quality of the teams we have played 2-1 is not bad at all. Obviously the defence has been the main plus point so far and if the offence can start to fire, and we avoid major injuries I am hopeful that we can achieve a wildcard slot at least.


  9. #29
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    "olson_10" wrote:
    were fine, but there is absolutely no denying the offense needs alot of work if we expect to contend for the North title
    thats true but the bears offense i don't think is any better then ours.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  10. #30
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ...LET'S GO 15-1 !!!!!
    HEY GREAT IDEA, i agree totally, lets just go 15-1 and be done with it and then march on and take the SB ;D way to think positive!!
    If I cruised around in a great looking Benz I'd be positive too!!!

    [img width=400 height=300]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/cajunvike/SLK%20Pics/2006SLK350COJCAJ.jpg[/img]
    THE VIKINGS ARE WHAT???
    THAT'S RIGHT...NUMBER ONE!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:54 AM
  2. Vikes Pre Season Schedule
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 08:55 PM
  3. National TV schedule for Vikes?
    By AKA Sean-John in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 06:25 AM
  4. Brutal
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 03:06 AM
  5. Vikes Schedule from the Trib
    By SuperGonzo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 11:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •