Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

"davike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ...LET'S GO 15-1 !!!!!
    HEY GREAT IDEA, i agree totally, lets just go 15-1 and be done with it and then march on and take the SB ;D way to think positive!!
    If I cruised around in a great looking Benz I'd be positive too!!!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

davike is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am extremely pleased with how the Vikes are starting the year.
    I originally picked them to go 9-7 this year, but I had them losing the first two games and beating chicago in the dome.
    So that tells you how good my prediction abilities are. ;D

Here is my highly scientific look at the rest of the schedule.

Most Likely Wins:
    Green Bay X 2
    Detroit X 2
    49ers

50/50s:
    Buffalo
    Miami
    Arizona
    Jets
    Rams

Probable Losses:
    Seattle
    New England
    Bears

If we count the probable wins as wins, and the probable losses as losses, and half the 50/50s as wins (see I told you it was highly scientific ), we end up with an overall record of 10-6 or 9-7.
    That might be enough to make the playoffs, but we need to have some good showings against those 50/50 teams to solidify it, and can't afford to lose to any of the probable win teams.
    i think we have what it takes to beat all the "50/50's" and we have what it takes to make the game really close against your probable losses" teams, we just really need to cut back the penalties and our offense needs to do better and make some drives that go to the endzone, not just the redzone and then stop. it would be nice to see some of our deffenders catch some interceptions when they are thrown right at them as well. against a mediocre defense, i think our offense will do fine, but if we get into the playoffs there probably won't be any mediocre deffenses so we need to learn to put up TD against good D's

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Prophet Guest

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it seems like the intradivisional games are always a battle regardless of how good the teams are that year.
    It would be crushing to not sweep the Lions and Packers, but it wouldnt' surprise me if they didn't.

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it seems like the intradivisional games are always a battle regardless of how good the teams are that year.
    It would be crushing to not sweep the Lions and Packers, but it wouldnt' surprise me if they didn't.
    2004 the Packers Swept us by a field goal both games, 2005 we swept them by a field goald both games.....The lions games were close too definately not a gimmie, in fact I would move both the lions and packers into the 50/50 category and move a few teams out into the W column.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

were fine, but there is absolutely no denying the offense needs alot of work if we expect to contend for the North title
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"Prophet" wrote:
    thats true because we all know each other so well, but it will be different this year because most of us have different coaches and systems.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am extremely pleased with how the Vikes are starting the year.
    I originally picked them to go 9-7 this year, but I had them losing the first two games and beating chicago in the dome.
    So that tells you how good my prediction abilities are. ;D

Here is my highly scientific look at the rest of the schedule.

Most Likely Wins:
    Green Bay X 2
    Detroit X 2
    49ers

50/50s:
    Buffalo
    Miami
    Arizona
    Jets
    Rams

Probable Losses:
    Seattle
    New England
    Bears

If we count the probable wins as wins, and the probable losses as losses, and half the 50/50s as wins (see I told you it was highly scientific ), we end up with an overall record of 10-6 or 9-7.
    That might be enough to make the playoffs, but we need to have some good showings against those 50/50 teams to solidify it, and can't afford to lose to any of the probable win teams.
    You heard it here first. We're going to destroy the Patsies and squeak by against the Seachickens. That being so, we will also, of course, get blown out by the Lions and Niners.
    :

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I was pretty disconsolate after the Bear's defeat thinking that was a game we should have won but after having time to contemplate I'm a bit more happy now. After 3 games we could have been 3-0 but at the same time we could have been 0-3 or anything in between as each game has been so tight.
    Now when you take into account the quality of the teams we have played 2-1 is not bad at all. Obviously the defence has been the main plus point so far and if the offence can start to fire, and we avoid major injuries I am hopeful that we can achieve a wildcard slot at least.

"olson_10" wrote:
    were fine, but there is absolutely no denying the offense needs alot of work if we expect to contend for the North title
    thats true but the bears offense i don't think is any better then ours.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ...LET'S GO 15-1 !!!!!
    HEY GREAT IDEA, i agree totally, lets just go 15-1 and be done with it and then march on and take the SB ;D way to think positive!!
    If I cruised around in a great looking Benz I'd be positive too!!!

[img width=400 height=300]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/cajunvike/SLK%20Pics/2006SLK350COJCAJ.jpg[/img]
    THE VIKINGS ARE WHAT???
    THAT'S RIGHT...NUMBER ONE!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast