Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    carolinafan is offline Rookie

Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

that's dang good.
    They are a play away from being 3 -0.
    Why all the pessimism on this board this week.
    The loss to the bears sucked, but there's a bunch of team that would have loved to have beaten the Panthers and the Redskins already.
    I was listening to the game last Sunday on the internet, and according to the announcer, if TW would have cut left instead of right on the last kickoff return, it would have been 6 and the win.
    Instead, TW went right and only got to the 40.
    We still had a chance to win it.
    Not bad b/c the Bears Defense is as good as it gets.

I think the Vikes are playoff bound...........once they get there, anything can happen.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikes are 2-1 with a brutal 1st 3 game schedule.....I'd say

i dont personally know how far we will get this season, but i too am pleased with their play, more than pleased.

most people expected us to lose our first three, beat the bills/lions, and go 2-3, possibly 1-4 into our bye.

im glad w/ how its turned out (besides the unneeded loss to the bears)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

We've got some things to work out, but I think we're certainly heading in the right direction!

Being a Vikings fan is about as tough as it comes with the "all kinds of talent" we've had over the years . . . followed by season ending heartbreak (No Rings that is)

I don't think its pessimission as it is more of stark reality that most of us are waiting to break!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

IF we keep improving every week, then I can agree that we are playoff bound!
    But our offense needs to step it up...especially in the passing game!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    IF we keep improving every week, then I can agree that we are playoff bound!
    But our offense needs to step it up...especially in the passing game!
    while im not under estimating the bills/lions (division games are always more intense), they are certainly weaker than the previous three teams we've faced, watch brad become more comfortable with his recievers during these games going into the bye, and a strong last 2/3's of the season, while ik we will definatly lose a few of those really tough games, i think we'll show our potential

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

2-1 turns out to be 10-6 or 11-5.
    That would be 1 or 2 games better than I predicted at the beginning of the year.
    It's probably not enough to win the division, but if our OL gels as predicted and we can pick-it-up against some of the lesser teams on our schedule, plus beat the Bears in our second meeting - you never know.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I'm very pleased with our record so far.

All the Bears fans that I know are worried about their next game with the Vikes. Something about Brad having an 80 percent completion record so far. Is it that high? They also showed respect for how the Vikings played them.

I haven't had time to read much Viking stuff this week with all my school work. Trying to catch up, but doesn't seem to be much.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i'm very pleased with how they've played so far.
    as long as childress thinks a bit about the playcalling we should be good.
    if we keep this ups (2 wins per loss) we'll end up with around a 10-6 record which is nothing to complain about,
    but from here on in, the schedule gets easier, so i won't be surprised to see them go with 12+ wins this season

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

with the rest of their schedule and the bye week to rest up some players, i think we will win atleast 11 games this year and into the playoffs with the offfense only getting better, i think we surprised alot of people when we played the bears and showed how good our defense is and will only get better too, barring anymore injuries, we jsut need to hold on to the ball better and really get those turnovers when the chance comes...but very impressed so far..let just do better in the red zone now
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

So far we've performed above my expectations. I really though (and probably still think) that 8-8 is the benchmark. I think we're a better team than that, but with all of the changes we've gone through a new system in place, 8-8 is a good season. The way we've played early though, against some talented teams with talented defense suggests more like 10-6 or 11-5....we can only hope.

I love the way Childress has coached so far. We're committed to running the ball and our defense has been great and has surprised a lot of people. As he says, you have to be able to bloody somebody's nose and run out the clock, and we've done both of them in 2 out of our first three games.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast