Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

VIKEMAN & STALLION....I have egg on my face...

Boys, I will be the first to admit, I never, NEVER, thought Udeze would be there.

I have egg on my face, and I am eating crow.

[size=24px][/size]DAMN IT TASTES GOOD!!!! :tongue8:

[size=12px][/size]
    Stallion, I read in another post you felt our draft was average. Two DE's which can start immediately, Don the Destroyer (as he was known in Auburn), Nat Dorsey (who by the end of the year will have Rosenthal riding the pine), special team contributors. If Rod Davis was a little faster he would push for a starting LB position on many teams. He had a bad showing at the Senior Bowl, but believe me, this guy is a gamer.

Our draft grade...A- :notworthy:

I love it!!! :wav:

sig courtesy of PPE

Re: VIKEMAN & STALLION....I have egg on my face...

"Hawgski" wrote:
    Boys, I will be the first to admit, I never, NEVER, thought Udeze would be there.

I have egg on my face, and I am eating crow.

[size=24px][/size]DAMN IT TASTES GOOD!!!! :tongue8:

[size=12px][/size]
    Stallion, I read in another post you felt our draft was average. Two DE's which can start immediately, Don the Destroyer (as he was known in Auburn), Nat Dorsey (who by the end of the year will have Rosenthal riding the pine), special team contributors. If Rod Davis was a little faster he would push for a starting LB position on many teams. He had a bad showing at the Senior Bowl, but believe me, this guy is a gamer.

Our draft grade...A- :notworthy:

I love it!!! :wav:
    I was so happy when they said we got Udeze :lol: I say we got a solid "A" in the draft, usually we do good in the 1st round and thats it, but the last 2 years we have been good all the way.

VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North :king:[size=18px][/size]
    VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

WORD!
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I'll give the Vikes a B+.

I just don't know about the trade to get Thomas in the second. If he hadn't fallen to us, then Boulware would have been there. I think Boulware and a 5th rounder are worth more than Thomas. Hopefully I am very wrong. He seems to be an awesome prospect and either way will help us solidify our Linebackers by adding speed and sure tackling to the outside, as well as someone who can move inside with EJ in the 3-4. I just think Boulware was a really good LB prospect and in the 5th we still could have gotten some good addittions to our special teams which needs it.

We ended up getting a 5th rounder by trading back in the third anyway, so it wasn't much of a loss.

If that had been the only questionable pick, the grade could easily be an A. However selecting that Runningback in the 4th I don't think was a good idea. There were plenty of oppertunities later in the draft to get a kick return prospect. On top of that this guy might nto even play football. He isn't very good at baseball but doesn't seem to possess solid football skills either.

They did an awesome job getting Udeze too. The best part of that was getting the extra 4th rounder from Miami by making them think we might take Carey. HA! Getting the best DE in the draft and using the 4th rounder we got to select our future RT was brilliant. Darrion Scott was an excellent move, he'll do a great job filling in for Mixon for however long he is out.

We got excellent Speedy LB depth now, and we even drafted a DB
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    I'll give the Vikes a B+.

I just don't know about the trade to get Thomas in the second. If he hadn't fallen to us, then Boulware would have been there. I think Boulware and a 5th rounder are worth more than Thomas. Hopefully I am very wrong. He seems to be an awesome prospect and either way will help us solidify our Linebackers by adding speed and sure tackling to the outside, as well as someone who can move inside with EJ in the 3-4. I just think Boulware was a really good LB prospect and in the 5th we still could have gotten some good addittions to our special teams which needs it.

We ended up getting a 5th rounder by trading back in the third anyway, so it wasn't much of a loss.

If that had been the only questionable pick, the grade could easily be an A. However selecting that Runningback in the 4th I don't think was a good idea. There were plenty of oppertunities later in the draft to get a kick return prospect. On top of that this guy might nto even play football. He isn't very good at baseball but doesn't seem to possess solid football skills either.

They did an awesome job getting Udeze too. The best part of that was getting the extra 4th rounder from Miami by making them think we might take Carey. HA! Getting the best DE in the draft and using the 4th rounder we got to select our future RT was brilliant. Darrion Scott was an excellent move, he'll do a great job filling in for Mixon for however long he is out.

We got excellent Speedy LB depth now, and we even drafted a DB

Wow!! You clearly know nothing about Mewelde moore, if you think he doesn't possess football skills. This guy accounted for 75% of his college teams offense! You have to have a hell of a lot of talent to do that at any college and any level. He didn't even get to show his skills at returning, because he was to important to them. This guy was a huge steal and will become our 3rd down back down the road. He will slowly start taking some of Moe's playing time away this year, and probably take over for him next year. Also, he was the best kick returner left in the draft at that time, so there weren't any better ones to get at a later pick either. Oh yeah, and he has clearly stated that he is done with baseball. I agree with mel Kiper, GREAT PICK.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Right on, I'm telling ya, this draft was as strong - if not stronger than last years.

Check out the grades:

2004 VALUE GRADES
    Value Grades show how well a team manages the draft. These grade measure if each team got proper value for their picks when they made them not at some future date. The value for each pick is based on the pick number minus the rank of the player picked on our draft board. This value is then weighted depending on the pick number.

click on team for pick by pick breakdown
    RANK TEAM SCORE GRADE
    1 FALCONS 8.4 A
    2 CARDINALS 7.1 A
    3 VIKINGS 5.3 A
    4 LIONS 4.3 A
    5 RAVENS 1.7 A
    6 BROWNS 0.8 A
    7 PANTHERS 0.4 A
    8 JETS 0.1 A
    9 49ERS -1.9 B
    10 EAGLES -2.2 B
    11 SAINTS -3.2 B
    12 DOLPHINS -3.2 B
    13 CHARGERS -5.2 B
    14 SEAHAWKS -5.7 B
    15 TITANS -6.9 B
    16 JAGUARS -6.9 B
    17 REDSKINS -8.5 B
    18 RAIDERS -10.0 C
    19 PATRIOTS -10.5 C
    20 RAMS -10.6 C
    21 TEXANS -12.8 C
    22 STEELERS -13.3 C
    23 BEARS -13.6 C
    24 BILLS -13.8 C
    25 GIANTS -15.0 C
    26 CHIEFS -15.2 C
    27 BENGALS -16.5 C
    28 BUCCANEERS -16.7 C
    29 COWBOYS -18.6 C
    30 BRONCOS -18.8 C
    31 COLTS -30.4 F
    32 PACKERS -33.3 F

GRADE VALUE RATING VIKINGS
    A 5.3
    PICK RANK POS PLAYER COLLEGE
    20 9 DE Kenechi Udeze USC
    48 49 LB Dontarrious Thomas Auburn
    88 65 DE Darrion Scott Ohio St
    115 57 OT Nat Dorsey Georgia Tech
    119 93 RB Mewelde Moore Tulane
    155 142 LB Rod Davis So Mississippi
    184 204 S DeAndre Eiland South Carolina
    220 260 TE Jeff Dugan Maryland

sig courtesy of PPE

Big Daddy is offline Starter

It's still to early because there could be some folps in there (hope not though), but as of right now I think we had an excellent draft. GRADE A-

I think we got some people who will help us right away and down the road.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Big Daddy is offline Starter

"Hawgski" wrote:
    Right on, I'm telling ya, this draft was as strong - if not stronger than last years.

Check out the grades:

2004 VALUE GRADES
    Value Grades show how well a team manages the draft. These grade measure if each team got proper value for their picks when they made them not at some future date. The value for each pick is based on the pick number minus the rank of the player picked on our draft board. This value is then weighted depending on the pick number.

click on team for pick by pick breakdown
    RANK TEAM SCORE GRADE
    1 FALCONS 8.4 A
    2 CARDINALS 7.1 A
    3 VIKINGS 5.3 A
    4 LIONS 4.3 A
    5 RAVENS 1.7 A
    6 BROWNS 0.8 A
    7 PANTHERS 0.4 A
    8 JETS 0.1 A
    9 49ERS -1.9 B
    10 EAGLES -2.2 B
    11 SAINTS -3.2 B
    12 DOLPHINS -3.2 B
    13 CHARGERS -5.2 B
    14 SEAHAWKS -5.7 B
    15 TITANS -6.9 B
    16 JAGUARS -6.9 B
    17 REDSKINS -8.5 B
    18 RAIDERS -10.0 C
    19 PATRIOTS -10.5 C
    20 RAMS -10.6 C
    21 TEXANS -12.8 C
    22 STEELERS -13.3 C
    23 BEARS -13.6 C
    24 BILLS -13.8 C
    25 GIANTS -15.0 C
    26 CHIEFS -15.2 C
    27 BENGALS -16.5 C
    28 BUCCANEERS -16.7 C
    29 COWBOYS -18.6 C
    30 BRONCOS -18.8 C
    31 COLTS -30.4 F
    32 PACKERS -33.3 F

GRADE VALUE RATING VIKINGS
    A 5.3
    PICK RANK POS PLAYER COLLEGE
    20 9 DE Kenechi Udeze USC
    48 49 LB Dontarrious Thomas Auburn
    88 65 DE Darrion Scott Ohio St
    115 57 OT Nat Dorsey Georgia Tech
    119 93 RB Mewelde Moore Tulane
    155 142 LB Rod Davis So Mississippi
    184 204 S DeAndre Eiland South Carolina
    220 260 TE Jeff Dugan Maryland
    Haha the Colts and Packers had the worst two drafts in the NFL! I love it, we're getten better while there getten worse!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!