Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GBMiah is offline Rookie

Video of the fumble!

As I and several other GB fans have already stated here, Yes it does look like Ross initially came down with the fumble. There is no disputing that. But if the refs dont see it they have to wait to clear the pile to call possession. And Ross himself said that a GB player wrestled it away during the fracas, so ruled. Its a bummer for sure. But we got shafted on a 4th and 1 ourselves. BOTH were turnovers, the 4th and 1 could have swayed the game in even more our favor instead of almost losing.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

Video of the fumble!

"GBMiah" wrote:
    As I and several other GB fans have already stated here, Yes it does look like Ross initially came down with the fumble. There is no disputing that. But if the refs dont see it they have to wait to clear the pile to call possession. And Ross himself said that a GB player wrestled it away during the fracas, so ruled. Its a bummer for sure. But we got shafted on a 4th and 1 ourselves. BOTH were turnovers, the 4th and 1 could have swayed the game in even more our favor instead of almost losing.
    There's a big difference between a 4th and 1 call in the second quarter when you're up by 14 points and a fumble call with less than 2 minutes remaining when the score is tied.

Plain and simple, the refs MUST get this call right. The outcome of the game is dependent upon the possession of the ball. The refs blew it, and cost the Vikings a huge divisional loss.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Video of the fumble!

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I am not blind to it. I do realize it was a controversial call, and that the Packers benefitted from the call going their way.

Without being a jack***, I would like to see video that doesn't cut off as soon as it appears that Ross tucked it. If a ref is blocked out, and Steele poked it out a millisecond after that tuck, it changes my opinion.

My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? Any ref can make a bad call. The system is supposed to catch those.
    Plays like pass interferance, along with most other penalties, the "push out" rule, and possesion of a fumble in a scrum are considered judgement calls, and cannot be reviewed according to the rules. I believe that's done so that the system doesn't undermine the refs. Personally, I think that's BS. If the ref has to make a judgement call at full speed, how much easier does it make the play to judge if the ref could see it slowed down. Now, most of the time, there isn't any clear evidense about possesion of a fumble in a scrum, so I can still sort of understand it. They don't want to waste everybody's time. However, I do think they need instant replay for pass interferance. That is the harshest penalty in the game, and can instantly change the complexion of a game. Yet, there is no way to reverse a call/non-call that is obviously wrong.

GBMiah is offline Rookie

Video of the fumble!

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "GBMiah" wrote:
    There's a big difference between a 4th and 1 call in the second quarter when you're up by 14 points and a fumble call with less than 2 minutes remaining when the score is tied.

Plain and simple, the refs MUST get this call right. The outcome of the game is dependent upon the possession of the ball. The refs blew it, and cost the Vikings a huge divisional loss.
    I disagree, the 4th and 1 call if made would have giving us a fresh set of downs and a good chance at 21 point lead. making it 31 -38 pack with the Vikings kicking off with 1:20 left to play. Thge Vikes would have undoubtedly onsided and the chances were 1 in 5 or so that they would have gotten it. After the kick off, clock runs down to 1:10 and we take 3 knees. Of course that is all hypothetical, but so is the the contention that the Vikes WOULD have scored if they would have gotten the kick off fumble anyway. 1:20 seconds, no time outs, 50 yards. That seems favorable but is no way a guarantee.

The refs MUST get every call right honestly, I still dont think the refs blew the call as it was just a huge bad luck set back for the Vikes. The refs did the same thing they did in every fumble situation dive in and clear the pack as soon as possible to see who had the ball.

Big difference between the 4th and 1 turnover and the late fumble? No, not a BIG one. The late fumble had more of an impact but the 4th and 1 should not be entirely dismissed as unimportant.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Video of the fumble!

Ok this post is entirely to just prove that the Viking fans despite what the Pack fans are saying are not completely full of crap.
    From Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback on SI.com
    "j. It's amazing, and a little sad, that the Minnesota special-teamer Derek Ross actually had possession of the fumbled Robert Ferguson kickoff return in the final minute of the Packers-Vikings game. And Ross was down before the pigpile got the ball disengaged from him and into the hands of a Packer. Green Bay then moved a few yards into field goal range and won. That stolen ball, quite likely, is the difference between the Vikings having a two-game lead over the Packers this morning and the Pack and Vikes being tied at 5-4 atop the NFC North."
    It is what it is....

Sig courtesy of josdin00

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Video of the fumble!

Here's my take on the whole instant-replay deal: you can't have some plays reviewable and some not; ANY PLAY can change the complexion of the game, and therefore, I say ANY play should be reviewable. One that REALLY pissed me off was that so-called push out along the sidelines of #87 for Green Bay. If you look at the replay closely, the Viking defender tries to push him out but misses, clearly.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Video of the fumble!

I saw that two shock, so many stupid calls and non calls by the refs. That was a 3rd and long play that would have been punted to us, instead the pack scores a TD off the refs jacked up call.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Video of the fumble!

"Packerguy" wrote:
    "purplehorn" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? .
    [size=7px][/size]

The game was in Green Bay and the oficials had a wager on the game.
    Thats my answer and I'm stickin to it. :drunken:
    Been listening to kfan this morning and even play by play man Paul allen(vikes announcer) said that u could not be sure ross had possesion before the hogpile. So did Jeff Dubay as big as a vike fan as there is.

Get over it guys. Your defense did not play good enough to win anyway.
    Quit blaming the refs for your clubs shortcomings
    Lol...clearly they weren't watching closely then, because the replay showed that Ross recovering the ball and being contacted down before the pile up. There is just no way Ross could have lost that ball.

You're right about the defense though. They made many crucial mistakes in this game that allowed the Packers to convert or score, and if they hadn't made those mistakes this stupid fumble would not even matter.

Overall I'm not too worried about this game. We lost without our best player, on the road after a tough Monday Night road game, against a team that was coming off a bye. The Packers are not a better team.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Video of the fumble!

"eastcoastvikes" wrote:
    Ok this post is entirely to just prove that the Viking fans despite what the Pack fans are saying are not completely full of crap.
    From Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback on SI.com
    "j. It's amazing, and a little sad, that the Minnesota special-teamer Derek Ross actually had possession of the fumbled Robert Ferguson kickoff return in the final minute of the Packers-Vikings game. And Ross was down before the pigpile got the ball disengaged from him and into the hands of a Packer. Green Bay then moved a few yards into field goal range and won. That stolen ball, quite likely, is the difference between the Vikings having a two-game lead over the Packers this morning and the Pack and Vikes being tied at 5-4 atop the NFC North."
    It is what it is....
    True, not much for the Pack to be Gloating about.

We have had 3 games in a row where the ball didn't bounce our way.

What comes around goes around. If it is true that everyting evens itself out, we are do for 3 in our favor.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Video of the fumble!

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I am not blind to it. I do realize it was a controversial call, and that the Packers benefitted from the call going their way.

Without being a jack***, I would like to see video that doesn't cut off as soon as it appears that Ross tucked it. If a ref is blocked out, and Steele poked it out a millisecond after that tuck, it changes my opinion.

My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? Any ref can make a bad call. The system is supposed to catch those.

Ben Steele did not poke the ball loose, that is a bunch of crap Los and you know it to be true.

Steele came out today and said I had position the whole time (f*cking liar). We got reaped off and all you Greenbay fans know it! :bootyshake:

In joy your brief time at the top, because it will not last!

This season is only 9 games old still 7 games to go and I see a GB let down, they know the Vikes got ripped off and the know that we should have won the game.

WE played without Randy Moss (the best wide reciever in the game and the refs had to give you the game), we will kick your ass and with a split the next tie breaker is points and we will beat you by more than 3 points at the Dome!!!! :tongue:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast