Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    dart18's Avatar
    dart18 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    687

    Video of the fumble!

    i admit the call sucks and i do move on to the detroit game but why dont they look at the tape just for the hell of it. Within 2 minutes it is their call and if the tape shows the all important "indisputable evidence" which it does then they could have corrected a bad call. Hey packer fans do you atleast admit, even though you won, that we vikes did really recover the fumble or are you going to be blind to that?
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

  2. #12
    purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,374

    Video of the fumble!

    Winners never cheat and cheaters never win
    unless your a crooked Green Bay official??
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

    Cops say they have nothing to go on.

  3. #13
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Video of the fumble!

    I heard a player say the about 90% of the time when a pile up like that happens the person that had the ball doesn't come out with it.

    What we didn't see was the angle that the ref was at which wasn't blocked by bodies. I remember that as the video stopped, Ross rolled over and exposed the ball to the packer that was at his chest right behind him. Once Ross rolled over, we could not see the ball anymore.

    Now I say that if it was reviewable, they would have reversed it by that video unless the refs saw with their own eyes something else when Ross rolled over.

    Oh, the game that pissed me off the most was the one where the former Cheif DB kept the ball in the air and the GB WR caught (while laying on the ground) the ball and ran it in for a TD. That game sucked. This game, we only played D on a couple of series and let them walk all over us. The continued lack of D and the lack of INTs by our DB dropping balls.

  4. #14
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Video of the fumble!

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I heard a player say the about 90% of the time when a pile up like that happens the person that had the ball doesn't come out with it.

    What we didn't see was the angle that the ref was at which wasn't blocked by bodies. I remember that as the video stopped, Ross rolled over and exposed the ball to the packer that was at his chest right behind him. Once Ross rolled over, we could not see the ball anymore.

    Now I say that if it was reviewable, they would have reversed it by that video unless the refs saw with their own eyes something else when Ross rolled over.

    Oh, the game that pissed me off the most was the one where the former Cheif DB kept the ball in the air and the GB WR caught (while laying on the ground) the ball and ran it in for a TD. That game sucked. This game, we only played D on a couple of series and let them walk all over us. The continued lack of D and the lack of INTs by our DB dropping balls.
    Dishman (former Chief AND former Houston Oiler)...a name that will live in infamy forever (at least in Minnesota, that is)!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #15
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Video of the fumble!

    I am not blind to it. I do realize it was a controversial call, and that the Packers benefitted from the call going their way.

    Without being a jack***, I would like to see video that doesn't cut off as soon as it appears that Ross tucked it. If a ref is blocked out, and Steele poked it out a millisecond after that tuck, it changes my opinion.

    My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? Any ref can make a bad call. The system is supposed to catch those.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  6. #16
    dart18's Avatar
    dart18 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    687

    Video of the fumble!

    id agree if ross has possession on the ground the scrum doesnt matter because the play was over right then. I guess i dont understand the review system and its flaws. Also the "pushed out" rule. If they review it how does that hurt the game? Either way game over but thanks for the insight los. I have seen the whole tape and Ross goes into the scrum with decent possession, not fully clung on but more than enough to show possession on tape. I just need to stop talking about it i think but thanks either way
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

  7. #17
    purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,374

    Video of the fumble!

    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? .
    [size=7px][/size]

    The game was in Green Bay and the oficials had a wager on the game.
    Thats my answer and I'm stickin to it. :drunken:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

    Cops say they have nothing to go on.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Video of the fumble!

    I was jumping up and down when this happened...I knew Ross had it the whole time, it was obvious live. When the officials came forward afterwards, I thought they would say they were going to review it, but instead they just said the ball goes to the Pack at the spot of the fumble - bullcrap. Wow, just wow.

    Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

  9. #19
    Packerguy is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    87

    Video of the fumble!

    "purplehorn" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? .
    [size=7px][/size]

    The game was in Green Bay and the oficials had a wager on the game.
    Thats my answer and I'm stickin to it. :drunken:
    Been listening to kfan this morning and even play by play man Paul allen(vikes announcer) said that u could not be sure ross had possesion before the hogpile. So did Jeff Dubay as big as a vike fan as there is.

    Get over it guys. Your defense did not play good enough to win anyway.
    Quit blaming the refs for your clubs shortcomings

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,196

    Video of the fumble!

    "Packerguy" wrote:
    "purplehorn" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? .
    [size=7px][/size]

    The game was in Green Bay and the oficials had a wager on the game.
    Thats my answer and I'm stickin to it. :drunken:
    Been listening to kfan this morning and even play by play man Paul allen(vikes announcer) said that u could not be sure ross had possesion before the hogpile. So did Jeff Dubay as big as a vike fan as there is.

    Get over it guys. Your defense did not play good enough to win anyway.
    Quit blaming the refs for your clubs shortcomings
    Your defense didn't play good enough to win either. You guys couldn't stop us in the second half at all. Take that, along with your fumbles, and the game could of just as easily been 34-31 Vikings.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Worst Fumble You Will Ever See
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 11:11 PM
  2. Real fumble...
    By ItalianStallion in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:01 PM
  3. FIRST FUMBLE
    By vikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 08:55 PM
  4. THE FUMBLE!
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 08:25 PM
  5. the fumble
    By poult in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 07:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •