Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

which vet qb will the vikes bring ...who do you think they should sign

im liking... vick ...sanchez

I think the QB situation is an easy solution and is also a rumor... I say trade a 3rd round pick to NE for Ryan Mallett. He is the exact mold of the type QB Norv Turner loves. Plus he has 3 years experience, yet limited in play, he has still been learning behind one of the best for those 3 years. Then draft David Fales in the 3rd with the other pick. Thats two solid QBs for 8 to 10 years minimum. No veteran is worth the risk this year

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

which vet qb will the vikes bring ...who do you think they should sign

I would still have to say Cassel and draft a QB like Jimmy Garoppolo

They could go the Cassel route and draft a QB in the 4th round Fales or Garoppolo. Then next year when Ponder leaves sign a top FA QB next off season. ? Where Dalton, Newton, Locker, Tolzien, Gabbert, and even Ryan Mallett are some available next year. Whatever the decision I hope its not Ponder. Thats all that matters to me

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Just heard on First Take they're bringing Ponder back. Exactly what that means I'm not sure. I wouldn't trade picks for Mallet. Cassel sat behind Brady also and while he can be good he's not a franchise qb. I still like Manziel although I doubt he will be there at #8. I swear if they draft some no name quarterback to sit behind Ponder I'm gonna puke in my mouth.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    Just heard on First Take they're bringing Ponder back. Exactly what that means I'm not sure. I wouldn't trade picks for Mallet. Cassel sat behind Brady also and while he can be good he's not a franchise qb. I still like Manziel although I doubt he will be there at #8. I swear if they draft some no name quarterback to sit behind Ponder I'm gonna puke in my mouth.
    I think that if they go D with the first pick that they will take Mettenberger in the second or third. He is the type of QB Turner Likes, he has the size and arm strength but also he is a pretty smart guy. I would say they may take him in the second or use the second for more D and trade back into the second for him.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I think that if they go D with the first pick that they will take Mettenberger in the second or third. He is the type of QB Turner Likes, he has the size and arm strength but also he is a pretty smart guy. I would say they may take him in the second or use the second for more D and trade back into the second for him.
    I favor this scenario, providing one of the top 3 QB's isn't available. Bring Cassel back and give Zach time to develop.

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I favor this scenario, providing one of the top 3 QB's isn't available. Bring Cassel back and give Zach time to develop.
    ideally i think vikes want cassel back draft a rookie maybe two and ponder ...but what if cassel signs else where ..ponder isnt the kind of vet mentor you want ..or starter so there has to be a vet with expirence that can come in and play ...who will it be?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Cassel is gone and doesn't plan on signing with us next year... so get that out of your heads.

I say trade a 2015 2nd and 4th rounder for Ryan Mallet and focus on defense in the 2014 draft.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    My list from most favored to least.

Sam Bradford- They say he's not available, but I think they might trade him and draft a QB number 2 overall, mostly for salary cap reasons. Might have to give up our first rounder(or maybe swap our first rounder for their 2nd first rounder)

Ryan Mallet - He fell to the 3rd round, many thought he would be a first round pick. He fits the scheme well. Has a cannon for an arm, and is very accurate with the ball. Being on the Patriots bench for 3 years doesn't hurt. (Cassel was a 7th round pick, and has had moderate success following his time with the Patriots). Probably costs a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Matt Schaub - Had a bad year, but he's been very good every other year. Will be released. Fits the scheme well. Doesn't cost any draft picks.

Matt Cassel - He knows the offense, probably comes cheap. Doesn't cost any draft picks.

Michael Vick, I really have very little faith in him, but it would be exciting, and when he's healthy he can be very very good. Doesn't cost any draft picks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast