Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Versatility keeps Wade on the field

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    Hey Marr... it seems you have a bit of amnesia in your old age when it comes to questions like these!!..
    ;D

we've talked about this many many times, and we both conceded the fact that wr's #1-4 are pretty much the same as flanker, split end, slot...
    I can't remember how many times and with who, I've tried to squash this type of discussion with respect ot our recievers.

They are not the same and no were have I ever found any use of that terminology when routes, plays, schemes are used in this scheme.

slot is usually the #3 as he doesn't play much in 2 wr sets.. sometimes they can be interchanged, however, for the most part he's the guy that is the 3rd best on the team.. (for most teams)....

you know what i mean... regardless.. all that flanker/split end/#1, 2 3 is just inside jargon baseball!!.. we're saying the same thing.... if you wanna get caught up on the rhetoric and technicalities than sobeit!!.. but we're saying the same thing...
    He is not the 3rd best receiver on the team nor are we saying the same thing.
    Take a look at the two examples I gave you........One guy is slower but gets off the line clean.
    The other guy is a burner kindof guy who outruns people.....etc etc etc.

You as well as i do know wade isnt' best suited as an every down receiver or used as an outside receiver (flanker or split-end)... so to keep bring this up is pointless...
    I agree with you 100%.
    The slot guy typically isn't a everydown guy, but as long as guys like you keep trying to talk over verbiage related to different schemes (#1 through #3) I am gonna keep trying to get you to use the right verbiage.

focus on what i'm saying!!... that Wade is not a legit #2 (split-end/flanker) receiver used as an outside threat therefore us thus needing a compliment to BB....
    Focus, me, comeon my friend.

Did you ever think that he is being used there cause our other guys aren't getting it done?
    Take a look at indicators here.
    TJ was running around in the backfield like a madman last night and it wasn't cause he liked to get chased by DL our OL couldn't stop.
    It was cause he was trying to buy time for one of those cats to get open.

Some of that could be that BB dinged his ankle again, however, were the hell was El Syd.
    Seems he might be just a short route/possesion kindof guy.
    AA seems to be a guy who has to push off at the last instant kindof reciever.
    Sure has drawn a few flags in that regard this eyar.

Again, I agree that he is a slot reciever and doesn't excell at the other positions, however, focus on what I am saying, maybe he is trying to fill a role cause the staff has no other option at this point.
    Funny, I had the same discussion today with respect to B-wade and his role as a stop gap a PR today.

We all know BB is our best receiver and therefore, should be the #1 option or #1 guy we look to throw the ball to and get him involved in our offense because of his big play ability!!...
    Agree, his injuries this year have really hurt our passing attack IMHO.

for all of those who think we're set at receiver even with Wade being (solid) but not spectacular... is missing the point that we have an average/solid guy playing
    out of position as a receiver on our team and need an upgrade at that position..

and to the guy who said maclin/crabtree are top 15 picks... most likely i freaking know that!!!. i'm just making a point as to if we drafted a better receiver how much better our offense will be!!.. with that said, we don't know where any of them will go esp. maclin, hell we could trade up for all you/we know!!..
    But will a draft helps us?

We will still be sitting there for the next 2 or 3 years waiting for him to develop.

My contention is that we need to either figure out if El Syd/BB is gonna work out/get a clue or go and get another Vet that can help out on the other side as we wait on those two cats to come around.
    If they aren't gonna come around, by all means draft a guy as you alude to below, however, again, that guy won't give us an instant upgrade, at least not at the position we will draft.

we don't know how the combine is going to work out or if a guy is going to get injured/hurt that may drop their draft stock a little.. noone knows that!!...
    either way, Wade is decent but nothing special and IMO, we need another receiver... PERIOD!!!... and if we were to get one, it would probably put wade at #4 in the depth chart, IF rice pans out like we all thought he would.... MAKE SENSE??????
    We need another reciever or we need a reciever to step up so that B-wade can go back to playing his position, which, by the way, he does good enough at.
    Again, he is not the issue, but rather the guys who aren't pulling thier weight are the issue.

Trust me, NO coaches that are on our schedule are staying up at night trying to game plan against wade... slot or otherwise!!...

he may be our most consistent receiver but he has his share of drops this year and he's also targeted about as much as anyone else on the team.... probably bc teams are so focused on stopping BB and AD/chester.
    Or because he is the only one that seems to get open consistently.

Problem is, he isn't a guy who is gonna get open deep (yes I know he caught a deep one last week).
    That isn't his job.
    His job is to exploit the underneath stuff that is left open with the other guy goes deep.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    Hey Marr... it seems you have a bit of amnesia in your old age when it comes to questions like these!!..
    ;D

we've talked about this many many times, and we both conceded the fact that wr's #1-4 are pretty much the same as flanker, split end, slot...
    I can't remember how many times and with who, I've tried to squash this type of discussion with respect ot our recievers.

They are not the same and no were have I ever found any use of that terminology when routes, plays, schemes are used in this scheme.

slot is usually the #3 as he doesn't play much in 2 wr sets.. sometimes they can be interchanged, however, for the most part he's the guy that is the 3rd best on the team.. (for most teams)....

you know what i mean... regardless.. all that flanker/split end/#1, 2 3 is just inside jargon baseball!!.. we're saying the same thing.... if you wanna get caught up on the rhetoric and technicalities than sobeit!!.. but we're saying the same thing...
    He is not the 3rd best receiver on the team nor are we saying the same thing.
    Take a look at the two examples I gave you........One guy is slower but gets off the line clean.
    The other guy is a burner kindof guy who outruns people.....etc etc etc.

You as well as i do know wade isnt' best suited as an every down receiver or used as an outside receiver (flanker or split-end)... so to keep bring this up is pointless...
    I agree with you 100%.
    The slot guy typically isn't a everydown guy, but as long as guys like you keep trying to talk over verbiage related to different schemes (#1 through #3) I am gonna keep trying to get you to use the right verbiage.

focus on what i'm saying!!... that Wade is not a legit #2 (split-end/flanker) receiver used as an outside threat therefore us thus needing a compliment to BB....
    Focus, me, comeon My Sexy Little Pixie.

Did you ever think that he is being used there cause our other guys aren't getting it done?
    Take a look at indicators here.
    TJ was running around in the backfield like a madman last night and it wasn't cause he liked to get chased by DL our OL couldn't stop.
    It was cause he was trying to buy time for one of those cats to get open.

Some of that could be that BB dinged his ankle again, however, were the hell was El Syd.
    Seems he might be just a short route/possesion kindof guy.
    AA seems to be a guy who has to push off at the last instant kindof reciever.
    Sure has drawn a few flags in that regard this eyar.

Again, I agree that he is a slot reciever and doesn't excell at the other positions, however, focus on what I am saying, maybe he is trying to fill a role cause the staff has no other option at this point.
    Funny, I had the same discussion today with respect to B-wade and his role as a stop gap a PR today.

We all know BB is our best receiver and therefore, should be the #1 option or #1 guy we look to throw the ball to and get him involved in our offense because of his big play ability!!...
    Agree, his injuries this year have really hurt our passing attack IMHO.

for all of those who think we're set at receiver even with Wade being (solid) but not spectacular... is missing the point that we have an average/solid guy playing
    out of position as a receiver on our team and need an upgrade at that position..

and to the guy who said maclin/crabtree are top 15 picks... most likely i freaking know that!!!. i'm just making a point as to if we drafted a better receiver how much better our offense will be!!.. with that said, we don't know where any of them will go esp. maclin, hell we could trade up for all you/we know!!..
    But will a draft helps us?

We will still be sitting there for the next 2 or 3 years waiting for him to develop.

My contention is that we need to either figure out if El Syd/BB is gonna work out/get a clue or go and get another Vet that can help out on the other side as we wait on those two cats to come around.
    If they aren't gonna come around, by all means draft a guy as you alude to below, however, again, that guy won't give us an instant upgrade, at least not at the position we will draft.

we don't know how the combine is going to work out or if a guy is going to get injured/hurt that may drop their draft stock a little.. noone knows that!!...
    either way, Wade is decent but nothing special and IMO, we need another receiver... PERIOD!!!... and if we were to get one, it would probably put wade at #4 in the depth chart, IF rice pans out like we all thought he would.... MAKE SENSE??????
    We need another reciever or we need a reciever to step up so that B-wade can go back to playing his position, which, by the way, he does good enough at.
    Again, he is not the issue, but rather the guys who aren't pulling thier weight are the issue.

Trust me, NO coaches that are on our schedule are staying up at night trying to game plan against wade... slot or otherwise!!...

he may be our most consistent receiver but he has his share of drops this year and he's also targeted about as much as anyone else on the team.... probably bc teams are so focused on stopping BB and AD/chester.
    Or because he is the only one that seems to get open consistently.

Problem is, he isn't a guy who is gonna get open deep (yes I know he caught a deep one last week).
    That isn't his job.
    His job is to exploit the underneath stuff that is left open with the other guy goes deep.

;D
    OK, i read your article... i was using the wrong verbiage... but regardless, that still doesn't change the fact that at Split end or whatever you wanna call it, we need an upgrade...

and also regardless of what i was saying using wrong verbiage and what not, it doesn't take a rocket science to realize or understand what i meant!!!... slot guy = #3 on the depth chart in most cases!!.. So yes, i concede to you i used the wrong verbiage and i thank you for correcting me!!...

but were u being nitpicky in saying you didn't understand what i was talkking about!!... YES U WERE!!!
    ;D

but if you didn't u wouldn't be Marrdro!!...

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

Our wideouts had a hard time getting open yesterday.
    I was hoping we would put in Sid on more plays to see if he could do what Berrian and Wade couldn't do.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345