Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Versatility keeps Wade on the field

"marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    A great slot player. Expectations were way too high when he came here, but now he has settled into that slot role and excelled at it.
    He only plays slot when we go 3 wide.... other than that he starts opposite of BB.... I'm still not a fan, although, he's made 3 big catches the last 2 weeks... I still don't think he's better than a 4th receiver!.. IMO!
    He is better than 99% of the leagues 4th WRs.
    thats true!!.. but with that said, you can't tell me he's a legit #2 receiver.. so naturally if we brought in a legit receiver or drafted say a crabtree / macklin.. assuming they pan out... that would put Wade at #4 receiver behind BB, RIce, New guy (TJ housh or someone like that)... naturally he'd be a 4.. like i said, where he belongs....

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49603.msg881453#msg881453 date=1229630137]
    Glad to see BB and El Syd healthy so that B-wade can play his natural position.
    All the pieces to the puzzle seem to be coming together.
    he's only playing the slot in 3 wide sets marrdro!!.. when they go 2 wide receivers b wade is in there...
    I hear ya My Sexy Little Pixie, however, that has been dictated by the health of El Syd.
    Now that he is seeing more playing time I would anticipate seeing more 3 wides.

i hope so.. but if not.. i'd rather see more 2 wide with less wade and more sid than any consistent amount of wade unless it's third down... base sets need to have Rice in there...
    I'm pretty sure that Wade and Rice evenly split time in 2 wide sets. Either way Wade has seen many more targets than Rice even when Rice is healthy.
    Yep

Rice has seen action in 9 games & has caught 14 passes.

Wade has seen action in 13 games & has caught 44 passes.
    [/quote]

We have thrown to Rice 25 times. We have thrown to Wade 75 times.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=49603.msg881465#msg881465 date=1229631460]
    he's only playing the slot in 3 wide sets marrdro!!.. when they go 2 wide receivers b wade is in there...
    I hear ya My Sexy Little Pixie, however, that has been dictated by the health of El Syd.

i hope so.. but if not.. i'd rather see more 2 wide with less wade and more sid than any consistent amount of wade unless it's third down... base sets need to have Rice in there...
    I'm pretty sure that Wade and Rice evenly split time in 2 wide sets. Either way Wade has seen many more targets than Rice even when Rice is healthy.
    Yep

[/quote]

[/quote]

Probably a reason for that...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49603.msg881470#msg881470 date=1229631874]

Yep

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we need an upgrade!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

At this point Wade is a better WR then Rice.. Simply put

Rice has more potential and is far more athletic.. He can get the jump balls way better then Wade.. Otherwise he has to work on his route running and seperation

Rice also needs to stay healthy to grow into a better player

Right now.. If asked who I would take for a game.. I would take Wade.. Longterm I would go Rice

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=49603.msg881473#msg881473 date=1229632142]

Yep

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we need an upgrade!!!
    [/quote]

Ehh, not so sure about that. Wade has been solid, but Rice has been a nice red zone threat. It would be nice if he did a little more though. At times he makes some clutch first down grabs for example.

Really what is happenning is a lot of balls are going to TE and RB rather than WR.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

...and that my friends is the WC Offense

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Yep

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you trying to say Rice dropped the ball 11 times & Wade 31?

Wade has 44 receptions & Rice has 14 this year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WeinCh00.htm

Wade;
    http://www.nfl.com/players/bobbywade/gamelogs?id=WAD319482

Rice;
    http://www.nfl.com/players/sidneyrice/gamelogs?id=RIC161100

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    A great slot player. Expectations were way too high when he came here, but now he has settled into that slot role and excelled at it.
    He only plays slot when we go 3 wide.... other than that he starts opposite of BB.... I'm still not a fan, although, he's made 3 big catches the last 2 weeks... I still don't think he's better than a 4th receiver!.. IMO!
    He is better than 99% of the leagues 4th WRs.
    thats true!!.. but with that said, you can't tell me he's a legit #2 receiver.. so naturally if we brought in a legit receiver or drafted say a crabtree / macklin.. assuming they pan out... that would put Wade at #4 receiver behind BB, RIce, New guy (TJ housh or someone like that)... naturally he'd be a 4.. like i said, where he belongs....
    No way we get Crabtree or even draft a WR in the first round. Anyone after that would be below Wade. Wade is a slot guy and IMO will be there again next year at #3 unless we pick up a stud FA like TJ but I doubt that happens.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=49603.msg881473#msg881473 date=1229632142]

Yep

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we need an upgrade!!!
    [/quote]

WRs usually break out in their 3rd year. I am not worried at all about the WR position and I guessing that neither is the FO.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast