Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Venting… encounters with narrow minded “Vikings fans.”

I randomly find myself every year engaging into annoying conversations about our Vikings at family events, school, drunken parties, work, etc, where I feel like am defending our team against Viking’s fans with tunnel vision or people that are not even Vikings fans but simply have their mind made up about something with this team and insist and sticking to their guns and causing me to pull my hair out. Haha.
    I am interested to see about some of everyone else’s encounters against people outside of pp.o where you’re not debating with your fingers but actually face to face.
    I had the same problem. Everybody keeps telling me the Vikes suck. There are so many Green bay fans, Raider fans, San Diego fans, a couple New York Giant and Chicago fans I know. They all year kept saying the Vikings are crap. The New York fan said our defense couldn't do crap against the pass and the only reason our run defense is so good is because our pass defense is so horrid its impossible to throw under 300 yards. The Charger fans said LaDainian Tomlinson is God and the best running back and Adrian Peterson sucks. God what an amazing year for me.

It was fun talking to the Giant fan about Eli. I was talking to him "So hey I missed the game. Man. Our pass defense is horrid. Winfeild Adrian Peterson is out. That must have been a blowout huh. Eli must have just torn us apart. Wait what. Eli tied his career record of 4 interception last achieved against the Vikes. Our horrid pass D had 3 returns for touchdowns. huh wow." He responded "Do you want to die?"

Then it's always fun when your surrounded by Charger fans. "Dang LaDainian Tomlinson must have ran all over us. What 40 yards? Adrian Peterson nearly 300. Wow. Isn't that something. I guess Adrian Peterson is as good as LT. Considering he ran for over 7 times as much yardage as LT. Just an opinion you know supported by statistics."

After so long of all those fans ragging on the Vikes if they ever say the Vikes suck all I have to say is "Wow yeah and if the Vikes suck so bad and they embarrassed you then where does that put your team?"
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Well you know I have watched the draft seriously for years with the internet on too and I tell you me doing the drafting for the Vikings , NO WAY they are getting it done,! They are doing a remarkable job at getting out what they drafted. I go to training camp
    to see the new players, started out to get autographs mostly but now to rate out draftess in person and I like to go near the end of camp to see thier progress. It is a unbelieveable experience. I love it to death. We drafted TJack and I was pissed, I felt that Cutler was the best Qb in the draft. So when I went down to training camp I went to watch TJack. This Kid in my eyes was ans is better than Culpepper in arm strength,, acuracy and ability. He just needed to get expereince. I was on Kfan rube and was defending him all the time, and people were calling me an ass and a jerk not knowing what the hell I was talking about and saying I didnt have the right to be a fan
    because I was new to the Kfan website and what I was saying. It was just shit. At that point the vikes were 2-5 this year when I started monitoring this site, never getting into it, just being a guest for a bit. Now I wish I started right away. You guys/girls are awesome. I am sorry but cant thank you enuff! Band wagon fans to me are the ones who will walk away from the game when we 20 points down and not finish watchin when we have
    the 1/4 or more to go. Or that will write them off for the season and plan other things for game doy until they HEAR they are winning again then they will go back to watching the game. Of if they have
    clothes
    that they wear usually when they are winning and not when they are losing. To me its being proud all the time. Its not a winning team to defend. Its a presence to defend. We need more loyal fans like you guys, and asap my car will have PURPLEPRIDE.ORG on it proudly displayed. as soon as my graphix guy can get it done.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Maybe that salesman doesn't know as much about the vikings as you and was just trying to make conversation. I don't know. I wasn't there.

If you're always wearing Vikings gear, etc, it's no wonder you regularly have conversations about the team. I think that's cool.

As for a bandwagon, I say let 'em on. The more the merrier. Doesn't hurt anything or anybody.

Go Vikings!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Overlord" wrote:
    I run a shop selling sports merchandise and this guy walks in and wants to buy a Sidney Rice jersey.
    So I go up tom him and am like, "man, I like that Sidney Rice.
    I think he is going to be a good one."
    I then go on to explain how I think Childress is an idiot for, among other things, not using this kid enough.
    I mean, come on, what is Bobby Wade even doing on the field when Rice could be in there?
    But the guy gets all upset and starts screaming at me about how we weren't in passing situations last game or something.

To top it off, he doesn't even realize how terrible Tarvaris is.
    If we still had Brad, Rice would have like 60 catches and 10 TDs this season.
    But I guess that was okay with this guy because he was in love with Childress and Tarvaris makes him happy.

Anyway, he didn't even buy the jersey, which pissed me off.
    What a jerk.

That's alright though.
    I worked off my steam with an all night solo session.

Just kidding ... about the first part.
    Huh? Did you even watch Brad play last year? Have you even watched T-Jack play these last few games this year since he came back from being injured?

Brad stunk it up last year & T-Jack is playing quite well lately. I can't believe you thought that guy was a jerk.

IMO, his concensus agrees with the majority of the members here, not yours.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    I run a shop selling sports merchandise and this guy walks in and wants to buy a Sidney Rice jersey.
    I then go on to explain how I think Childress is an idiot for, among other things, not using this kid enough.
    I mean, come on, what is Bobby Wade even doing on the field when Rice could be in there?
    But the guy gets all upset and starts screaming at me about how we weren't in passing situations last game or something.

But I guess that was okay with this guy because he was in love with Childress and Tarvaris makes him happy.

What a jerk.

That's alright though.

Huh? Did you even watch Brad play last year? Have you even watched T-Jack play these last few games this year since he came back from being injured?

Brad stunk it up last year & T-Jack is playing quite well lately. I can't believe you thought that guy was a jerk.

Ya think there might have been a bit of sarcasm in there?

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:

What a jerk.

That's alright though.

His Joke

You

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:

What a jerk.

That's alright though.

Are you being serious singer?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"litlharsh" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:

What a jerk.

That's alright though.

His Joke

You
    Am I?

I think Singer thinks I am....

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

this is madness!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Braddock" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:

What a jerk.

That's alright though.

Are you being serious singer?
    Dead serious.

Perhaps him or you can put forth your opinion on just how terrible Jackson is & why we'd be so much better off with Brad Johnson in there.

I see the J/K about the first part, but where does the 1st part end & the second begin. You leave it wide open to interpretation.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast