Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ddawg84 is offline Starter

Venting… encounters with narrow minded “Vikings fans.”

I randomly find myself every year engaging into annoying conversations about our Vikings at family events, school, drunken parties, work, etc, where I feel like am defending our team against Viking’s fans with tunnel vision or people that are not even Vikings fans but simply have their mind made up about something with this team and insist and sticking to their guns and causing me to pull my hair out. Haha.
    I am interested to see about some of everyone else’s encounters against people outside of pp.o where you’re not debating with your fingers but actually face to face.

Here is in a nut shell my most recent encounter… with a numbskull!
    I was in champs the other day with my girlfriend looking at getting a Sidney Rice jersey for the Monday Night game, when the dude working comes up out of nowhere and is like “man I like that Sidney Rice I think he is gunna be a good one, but that Brad Childress sure does not know how to use him, I mean look he only had 2 catches against the niners, man I hate Childress, he is a terrible coach and has nothing to do with their winning streak.” “And I really like Jackson but Childress is ruining him by starting him, I wish we kept Brad Johnson one more year.”
    The best part was as soon as he said that my girlfriend walked to a different part of the store, like she could see steam coming out of my ears or something.
    Haha.
    I just turned and looked at him and said “so everyone blames Childress when we are losing and when we are winning he has nothing to do with it?”
    I am not about to say Childress is awesome and he has not had his share of mistakes, but he has a lot more to do with our winning than people give him credit for.
    And he has not done anything as dumb as Joe Gibbs calling 2 timeouts in a row to ice a kicker and get a personal foul to move them into a chip shot field goal to lose a game.
    I also went on to explain to him that we had no reason to keep passing the ball in the second half against San Fran, we did not use any of our WR when we went up 27-0 because Shaun Hill was not going to beat our defense for over 27 points in a half, so we just managed the game.
    “And how has Childress not used him lately, Sidney has scored in two of the last three games, along with throwing a bomb for a pass in a game.”
    Then with T-Jack “Look how things ended up with BJ at QB last year, we do owe a thank you to BJ and that is that he did bad enough for us to get AP in the draft.”
    “But with a big draft of QB’s coming up, we have to find out if we have something in T-Jack, and what could you possibly be complaining about, he was shaky at the beginning of the year, but not a lot of 2nd year Qb’s have played as well as consistently as he has the last 4 weeks.”
    Needless to say we did not buy the jersey there and that guy was a little shocked that his customer can see the big picture and actually tried to paint it for him.
    All I am saying is that most true fans can be critical of their team, while giving credit where it is due, and looking out side the box when needed.
    Ok I feel a lot better now… thanks! Haha

See all of the Tailgaters at the game… and I will have my Sidney Rice Jersey on!
    ;D

Re: Venting… encounters with narrow minded “Vikings fans.”

I run a shop selling sports merchandise and this guy walks in and wants to buy a Sidney Rice jersey.
    So I go up tom him and am like, "man, I like that Sidney Rice.
    I think he is going to be a good one."
    I then go on to explain how I think Childress is an idiot for, among other things, not using this kid enough.
    I mean, come on, what is Bobby Wade even doing on the field when Rice could be in there?
    But the guy gets all upset and starts screaming at me about how we weren't in passing situations last game or something.
    To top it off, he doesn't even realize how terrible Tarvaris is.
    If we still had Brad, Rice would have like 60 catches and 10 TDs this season.
    But I guess that was okay with this guy because he was in love with Childress and Tarvaris makes him happy.

Anyway, he didn't even buy the jersey, which pissed me off.
    What a jerk.

That's alright though.
    I worked off my steam with an all night solo session.

Just kidding ... about the first part.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

That is one hell of a post pal!

enjoyed the read and the laugh, way to sell a Jersey NOT
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I completely agree. Vikings fans are some of the most short sighted, dumbest ones ever. There are plenty who can understand rebuilding, but there is a large percentage that think they know everything about everything and will make assinine comments. I've vented on this before on the site, but sooner or later you just forget about it. I was watching NFLN and they showed a TJ press conference basically him saying "If you weren't with us at the beginning, we don't need you." LOVED IT! LOVED IT! That's why I've been on his bandwagon since we drafted him. I agree with you, with TJ, and i say Viking's fans just need to learn something before spouting their mouths.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"Overlord" wrote:
    I run a shop selling sports merchandise and this guy walks in and wants to buy a Sidney Rice jersey.
    I then go on to explain how I think Childress is an idiot for, among other things, not using this kid enough.
    I mean, come on, what is Bobby Wade even doing on the field when Rice could be in there?
    But the guy gets all upset and starts screaming at me about how we weren't in passing situations last game or something.
    But I guess that was okay with this guy because he was in love with Childress and Tarvaris makes him happy.

What a jerk.

That's alright though.

bahhaa maybe the best post I've ever seen on this forum.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:

What a jerk.

That's alright though.

LMAO!

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

You know I have been one f the most faithful fans in history of the Vikings. Yes I do compain but even after we lost to gb 34-0 I was in the car going to get my Sunday paper that day driving it with proud look on my face! People stare and say man how can you be seen driving that thing when you are 2-5! I love my team. Win or Lose I DONT TURN MY BACK ON THEM! I BLEED PURPLE! I ATTEND every training camp, get to one game every year(due disability, cant work) but yes I am proud to wear my gear and love my team to death. I dont care what everyone else says does or whatever. I see the bandwagoneers all the time, personally the can go take a leap but hey its them. We will always have them. I vent yes when we suck but I still buy their jerseys, hats, clothes etc. My brother and I attend training camp every year, missing only when Korey Stringer passed on(planned on going that next day but couldnt) We both felt that the team needed their time to greive. This site has been a blessing to me. It gives me a true home to be a part of. Thank You! I was at a wedding in wisconsin big Packers fans and yes I even wore Vikings dressy outfit! Thats how true I am to my Vikes. I have a pic of me and a Pack fan at the reception and present opeining. So on venting I need this place to vent be cause when we were not on track this year before i fould this site, the words I got from people about driving my car, were like "Man you need help" and stuff. All I said was well you know at least I know I have a vehicle the color I want! and obviously it got your attention. And from the remarks I get from you fans I am happy anyway. So thanks again PP.O! for welcoming me into your group of highly sophistecated fans.......ok well loyal fans. See ya monday night football!

remember on days like these there are words i like such as

"Lions Cheeseheads and Bears OH YEAH!"

SKOL VIKES!

I need a new bear skin rug!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Ok, I get the gist of this thread, and I tend to agree.

But I don't really agree that you get on a "bandwagon" and then you are on or off for all time. I think there is no such thing as a guaranteed position in football. If you are bad, you go out. Yes, Tarvaris has improved a LOT this year. And I was one of those who "predicted" he would not cut it in the NFL. I have admitted I was wrong, and I have no problem doing that. But please don't say I can't now say TJ is decent. I was wrong. He is now good. Let's move on...

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Ok, I get the gist of this thread, and I tend to agree.

But I don't really agree that you get on a "bandwagon" and then you are on or off for all time. I think there is no such thing as a guaranteed position in football. If you are bad, you go out, and someone else comes in to replace you for a while.

Yes, Tarvaris has improved a LOT this year. And I was one of those who "predicted" he would not cut it in the NFL. I have admitted I was wrong, and I have no problem doing that. But please don't say I can't now say TJ is decent. I was wrong. He is now good. Let's move on...

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:

What a jerk.

That's alright though.

lol i actually probably would have went to a different store myself.
    Normally if you're trying to sell something, yes talk to the customer, especially since its about your favorite team and a good player, but normally you want to keep opinions to yourself unless they specifically ask for it.
    Some people are easily offended.

And do you really think we'd be playing better with Brad Johnson as our quarterback? lol.
    We kept him on the roster last year because he was simply supposed to manage a game for us.
    Yet we lost many of those games because he tried to get out of character and force throws that his weak arm couldn't make.
    I for one would have maybe liked him to stay here, but as a back up, nothing more.
    Rice & Jackson has all the right ingrediants for a dangerous combination, just need to develope that chemistry

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast