Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vaunted Vikes defense in bottom 5

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "AlabamaViking" wrote:
    I tell you what...our defense looks better than it has. The only reason our defense has been rated so low has been the lack of our offense to keep our defense off the field. No one can play tired and survive if your offense goes through 3 and outs all the time.
    If we look at the injury list, let's look at who is on there and then evaluate your statements based on where they played before here. As you ponder, think about the amount of time they had to spend on the field. It just breeds injuries. The stats don't lie...the more time you spend on the field then the more chance of getting hurt. The guys hurting now on D came from teams that had offenseive woas and their bodies could not hold up under that kind of stress.
    Now that we have our offense clicking again, maybe we can get those guys healthy again and back on the field after this BYE week coming up. I think that as time marches on this year we will see our defense ramp up the ratings list and really show some mettle in the next part of the season.
    Utnil next time, I'll see you on the field!

Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking and Norseman
    When they are getting burned in the first quarter as bad as they did against the bengals, you can't possible chalk that up to fatigue.
    I agree with del on this one. They got burned on the second play of the game there

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think alot of it has to do with fatigue.. Most of it has to do with everyone not playing together yet.. And also most of the yards are off big plays.. We would have held Caddy to 70 yards and like a 3 yard average.. Instead he gets 140 yards and 5 yards a carry out of a sudden.. And Chad Johnson didn't do all that much except the big 1st quarter catch.. Lack of pressure up front has alot to do with it as well

Prophet Guest

I think I've seen more 3 and outs this year already then the Vikes had last season.

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

this D can finish in the top 20 maybe top 10 they are definately improved from last year when healthy our top 3 corners are amongst the best in the league i would definately like to see less ralph brown man that guy gets toasted more than a marshmellow at a s'more convention our d line is solid and deep they will be scary in the next few years again i think our biggest weakness is the linebacking core, however i have seen improvement. newman is looking good and i think ej seems more comforatble when he doesnt have to call plays also i think LB scouting/coaching is a week point for this team. remember the vikes didnt like johnson,vilma or suggs.

2pacthadon is offline Waterboy

the D is not the problem its the O line period. the Ds played great. with all those turnovers even the pats D or redskins D would be bottom 5 in the league. this years D is the best D the vikings have had since the purple people eaters. maybe even better cuz back in the 70s football was weak. evolution my brothers.

Rookie444 is offline Starter

if this defense plays they way they are paid, we should end up in the top 10. once sharper is 100% healthy again and smoot gets over his neck, groin, or whatever injury he has this weekend, we should be straight. there is no reason that chi or cin should have a better d than us.

You can chalk it up to fatigue when you are playing a good offense like the Bengals have. They are fast and furious and we were busy chasing instead of playing our game.
    That will make anyone fatigued.

Gene Ramsay
    AKA AlabamaViking and Norseman
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com
    I'll see you on the field!
    #1 Vikings FAN in Alabama!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Guess what, it is week 3. This time last year I am pretty sure we had a top 5 defense, look how that turned out.

People are stupid.
    We allowed an average of 329 yards per game through the first 3 games last year. That would put us at about 16th :grin:

Realistically though, after the common defensive teams:

Pittsburgh
    Buffalo
    Washington
    Denver Tampa
    Baltimore

Every one else is seperated by mere fractions.
    Sorry Del, I must have been thinking about two years ago, the iinterception-crazy year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Prime Time 84 is offline Training Camp

We're in the bottom five now, but I think we'll get better as the season goes on. This team does have talent. Now we need to gel and scrounge up a few wins so we don't get too far behind.

The way I see it, let everyone think our defense is terrible, then slowly gain momentum as the season moves forward and suprise some people later in the year. It's better than starting the season strong defensively only to get manhandled on MNF (eg. Chiefs).
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123