Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

V4L's Play By Play Jax Vs. Vikes 2nd Half

Jax Kickoff To start: Blocking was bad.. Marrdro has pointed this out alot.. Most of the time they crash the middle and won't give us any chance of getting outside.. This has been happening alot

Min: 3 wide on first again.. Good blocking.. Great toss to Shank in the middle.. Lower and in front.. Nice grab by Shank
    Min: 1st and 10, Play action we had all day.. Gus sails his second deep ball.. Good coverage.. But the throw was off.. Im not liking Gus.. He isn't hitting deep throws like people think he can
    Min: 2nd 10, Bounce outside to left.. Great open field tackle from Mathis.. Dugan with a good inside seal.. berrian just let Mathis in though
    Min 3rd 10, Great pocket for Gus.. He hits Tahi short.. Not sure if WRs were open but Tahi short won't get you 10
    Min Punt: Reynaud was the left gunner and overran.. Good thing Abdullah cleaned up the play otherwise he had a LONG return... Abdullah will be a good 1 and 2 with Heath next year

Jax: 1st and 10, Scramble by Garrard for a short gain
    Jax: 2nd and 7, Complete to Matt Jones.. Ray Edwards manhandled his man but garrard made a nice throw.. Good job from Winny for forcing that fumble.. 3 Vikes were around to pick it up

Min: Frerotte drops back.. Good pocket... Wrs must have been covered.. Gus takes it for a few up the middle
    Min: 2nd and 7.. Jackson end around to Berrian..Good blocks by Wade and Herrera pulling
    Min: 1st and 10, 3 wide.. Gives AP some space and he made a great cut back.. Kleinsasser killed his man and Herrera and Birk with good blocks
    Min: 1st and 10.. AP for 9.. Wade with a great block again.. Kleinny once again making a HUGE hole
    Min: 2nd and 2.. Frerotte short to Tahi for nothing.. I wanted Chester up the middle.. I didn't like this call
    Min 3rd and 2.. Derrick Harvey goes untouched and stops Chester short.. McKinnie was blocking down and no one touched Harvey
    Min FG Attempt: Good for 32

Min Kick off: Cedric overran again.. Abdullah got blocked in the back BAD.. Erin Henderson got off his block to make the play.. Cedric atleast got back and would have made the play this time

Jax: 1st and 10, K-will and Ray Edwards once again are the only ones getting pressure.. K-will with a sack.. Holding on Pashos again but declined.. Ray in owning Pashos
    Jax 2nd and 21, Short to Jones drew.. We sent a blitz and they take the screen once again
    for a long gain.. 24 yards.. Im not liking this blitz at all
    Jax: 1st and 10, Up the middle to MJD.. Stopped by Pat
    Jax 2nd and 11, Send 2 extra again.. NO one around.. Incomplete to Jones.. Good coverage by Ced again
    Jax: 3rd and 11, Garrard has all day.. Misfires to Jones deep.. Great jam by Winny.. Had Garrard thrown it inside he might have had a chance
    Jax Punt: Berrian gets hit early.. Takes it for a good return

Min: 1st and 10, Shank WIDE open for 41.. A poorly thrown ball.. No touch on it.. It got tipped and luckly it wasn't redirected
    Min: 1st and 10.. AP to left for a couple.. They are flying at him
    Min: 2nd and 7, AP dances in the backfield.. Birk misses his block letting Henderson threw for a loss
    Min 3rd and 10, Wade on a comeback.. Wanted Berrian deep but Wade was wide open.. Hicks and Mac killed their guys
    Min: 4th and inches, QB sneak to Gus.. Good call I liked this
    Min 1st and 10, Fake end around to Berrian.. AP up the middle for a couple
    Min 2nd and 9, Gus trying to hit Klein in the flats.. Throws behind.. Saw Rice wide open for a slant.. Not sure if Klein was the first read?
    Min 3rd and 9, Nicely thrown ball to Berrian on the outside shoulder.. They call pass interference.. I thought this was touchy.. Sheen made a great play IMO
    Min 1st and goalfrom the 2, Playaction roll out with Gus.. PLEASE throw the ball away.. Why are you trying to outrun these guys?
    Min 2nd and goal, Out in the flats to Chester for a short gain.. Not sure why we didn't do double slants or something along those lines
    Min 3rd and goal from the 10.. Delay of game.. Keep your eye on the clock Gus.. Your a vet

4TH Q

Min drive continued
    Min 3rd and goal from 15, Gus in shotgun 4 wide.. Horrible protection.. But they jumped offsides
    Min 3rd and goal from the 10, Gus in shotgun 3 wide.. Hits shank to the 4.. Decent pocket.. They weren't letting us get the TD.. Artis Hicks GREAT protection there.. Im liking Hicks much much much more then Cook
    Min FG attempt for 22... GOOD

Min Kickoff: Abdullah and Cedric in on the tackle.. Only 2 I see around the ball all the time on Kick offs..

Jax: Short to the flats.. AW wrapped him up right away.. No chance to get pressure.. It was 3 steps and out
    Jax: Garrard all day in the pocket.. Amazing coverage.. Leber was step for step with MJD.. First good play by him today
    Jax: 3rd and 7, 4 wide.. K-will almost got a sack.. Only one that got a hand on him.. K-will is a beast.. Garrard rolls out and hit Mercedes for gain.. Called back due to holding
    Jax: 3rd and 17, 4 wide again... NO pressure.. We aren't getting a wiff at David.. Sharper hits Reggie Williams WAY early and it should have been P.I
    Jax Punt: Out of bounds giving us good field position AGAIN.. We are lucking out again

Min 1st and 10, Frerotte drops the snap.. Gives it to AP for 3..Good blocking to help AP get some yards
    Min 2nd and 7, Playaction to AP... Had Sidney WIDE open.. Skips a ball ot Sidney.. Would have been 1st
    Min 3rd and 7, Frerotte all day.. Sidney Rice GREAT grab on the sidelines.. Had to dive out
    Min 1st and 10, AP making shit happen with no blocking.. How he got anything is beyond me
    Min 2nd and 4, playaction.. Overthrows Kleinny for his 3rd overthrow.. Offensive P.I.. Why are we passing?
    Min 2nd and 14, Frerotte all day.. Steps out a bit.. Misses AP badly.. Gus are you serious?
    Min 3rd and 14, 3 wide.. Draw to Chester.. 1st down.. Great blocks my Mac and Hutch again
    Min 1st and 10, Durant flys threw and stops AP for a lose.. Untouched.. Tahi missed the block
    Min 2nd and 12, AP making things happen.. They swarm him though and stop him for a few only
    Min 3rd and 7, Chester waits on the blitz.. Steps out and takes a pass for a first.. GREAT play by Chester making Florrence miss as well
    Min 1st and 10, AP gets loose like he does.. They cant touch the man.. This is the first GOOD drive we had.. Great blocks by Mac and Hutch once again.. Tahi fills the hole.. Wade on the outside.. No one will get a finger on AP.. The only GOOD drive we had all day.. Even with short field we made things happen

Min Kickoff: LONGWELL WITH A TOUCHBACK.. WAS HE FIRED UP?!

Jax 1st and 10, K-will with the sack.. Once again Ray owns his man getting another penelty on Pashos.. Declined
    Jax 2nd down.. MJD for a good gain.. sharper covering
    Jax 3rd and 4, NO PRESSURE.. Wow this was the worst all day.. MJD across the middle tackle by Winny.. No one was on him.. I blame that on no pressure
    Jax 1st and 10.. David rolls out.. No one was playing it looked like Except Allen trying to chase him down
    Jax 2nd and 10, we send 4.. Ray took the corner.. Otherwise he had all day again.. P.I on Sharper\
    Jax 1st and 10, Send 1 LB.. Screen dropped by Taylor.. He had some room
    Jax 2nd and 10, No pressure.. Hits Mercedes in front of Leber AGAIN..
    Jax 1st and 10, No pressure.. Im getting sick of this.. Ced wraps up Reggie Williams
    Jax 2nd and 4, Scramble for 1st
    Jax 1st and 10, Throws the ball away.. Took 5 seconds to get close to him.. I COUNTED yes.. Intentional grounding
    Jax 2nd and 26, We are giving him all day.. These pockets are HUGE.. Great coverage by Ced step for step.. Offensive P.I.. Declined
    Jax 3rd and 26, Hits Standia(sp) in the seam for close to a first down
    Jax 4th and 3, Dropped pass in the redzone.. Picked by Benny Sapp.. Just making Garrard look worse then he played..

Min 1st and 10, Nothing
    Min 2nd and 9, Nothing
    Min 3rd and 9, Nothing
    Min Punt: Safety

Min Punt: Nothing to really comment on

Jax: 1st and 10, Nice pass.. Over Ceds head he was sticking to his zone
    Jax 1st and 10, Sack Wyms haha.. Garrard stood in the pocket for IDK how long

My tivo then quit.. Nothing really happen except Madieu getting a pick

Vikes good: Cedric Griffin, Kevin Williams, Ray Edwards, Antoine Winfield, Madieu Williams, Chester Taylor, Adrian Peterson, Hutch, Mac, Hicks, Abdullah, Sidney Rice, Shank, Scobee

Vikes Bad: Gus, Coaching, Birk, Sharper, Allen, Leber

Vikes Average: Napo, Greenway, Herrera, Pat Willaims, Berrian, Wade, Kluwe, Tahi, Kleinny

I didn't get to see these players each play so I might have a different view than how they really played.. Just a quick scan of the play trying to watch each level this is what I saw..

Gus: Skipped throws.. Over threw.. Was indecisive
    AP/ Chester: Picked up good yards. Made good plays
    Tahi: Missed 1 block.. But hit on a few good ones.. Caught a few passes.. Played decent S.T
    Shank, Dugan, Kleinny: Played good.. Blocked great.. made some catches
    Big Mac: Owns his guy all day.. Missed 1 assignment.. Idk who that was on.. He didn't even see him
    Hutch: Top 3 guard in the league.. Man makes holes a truck could drive through
    Birk: Missed a few blocks.. Didn't make good line reads that I saw..
    Herrera: Decent.. No penelties.. Opened some holes.. Missed a block or 2.. Nothing bad
    Hicks: Keep the dude in.. I know many who were calling for him to get in at RT.. SO RIGHT
    Allen: Overran plays on rushing.. Didn't get any pressure all day
    KWill- BEAST.. Enough said
    Pat- His best game this year.. Stopped the run great.. Got a coverage sack.. Not too impressive but good
    Ray- He played great.. I watch him closely.. Last few weeks he has actually been getting pressure
    Leber- Overran runs.. Couldn't cover Lewis
    Napo- Nice fill in.. Not EJ.. But a good fill in
    Greenway- Nothing spectacular.. Couldn't help in the blitz at all.. They picked it up great
    Ced- My MVP of the game.. STs and D the dude was flying around the ball
    Antoine- Gave up some catches when in man.. But wrapped up right away.. Forced a fumble.. Good game
    Madieu- Light years ahead of Tyrell.. Stepped up in run support.. Covered LBs nicely
    Sharper- Should have had 2 P.I calls on him.. Didn't do much at all
    Kluwe- I was fairly impressed.. He's a good punted
    Longwell- Got 1 touchback otherwise rest were out near the 10.. Hit 3 nice FGs.. Good game
    Coaching- I didn't like the ammount we used AP.. Gus was horrible all day.. We passed on 1st 2nd and 3rd down alot.. I liked the many formations he used and some of the trickery.. It is clear they are VERY LIMITED with what they can do with Gus

V4L

Re: V4L's Play By Play Jax Vs. Vikes 2nd Half

Now I don't claim to be a football expert.. I've played through high school and that's all.. I watch alot and study the game.. But I don't know the x's and o's like some

This is just what I saw.. Basing it off of what I know.. Which isn't all that much

So take this with a grain of salt.. I feel it's all pretty accurate though

V4L

You can see through out the whole game Hutch and Hicks and Hutch were making great blocks

You can also see that only pressure we got all day was from Edwards and K Williams

People saying the D line played great are way off IMO.. They stopped the run yes.. But they did nothing to shake Garrard at all

The Oline played good but let the blitz get the best of them sometimes

V4L

I cringe when I see Gus now

Jackson was benched for not taking shots.. Well Gus just hits Tahi and Chester in the flats

Jackson was benched for being unaccurate on the short throws.. Well I saw Gus miss 3 short ones just last game

Jackson was benched for not hitting the deep throws.. Gus has missed somewhere around 10 in a row im guessing.. Last one was against Houston when Berrian made a catch over 2 defenders..

Jackson was benched for being indecisive.. I've seen Gus with that "deer in headlights" look people like to talk about

Jackson was benched for not making veteran moves.. Gus has tried to roll out and not get rid of the ball.. He has danced in the pocket and got sacked.. He's let clocks run down.. He hasn't recognized Ds

Gus is IMO worse then Jackson.. And he can't run like Jackson

Im mad that he will be sticking in due to Chilly sticking to his guns

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V4L" wrote:
    It's all good... he's bringing his own demise.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    It's all good... he's bringing his own demise.
    True. Let him fall! Bye Chilly.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:

Jackson was benched for not taking shots.. Well Gus just hits Tahi and Chester in the flats

Jackson was benched for being unaccurate on the short throws.. Well I saw Gus miss 3 short ones just last game

Jackson was benched for not hitting the deep throws.. Gus has missed somewhere around 10 in a row im guessing.. Last one was against Houston when Berrian made a catch over 2 defenders..

Jackson was benched for being indecisive.. I've seen Gus with that "deer in headlights" look people like to talk about

Jackson was benched for not making veteran moves.. Gus has tried to roll out and not get rid of the ball.. He has danced in the pocket and got sacked.. He's let clocks run down.. He hasn't recognized Ds

To be honest, we don't know for sure why TJack was benched.
    I think that the practices during the week - which we are not privy to - played a part in it.
    I don't think that Gus is worse than TJack, but I think he is probably just about as bad.

The reason I think it would be a poor decision to change QBs is because the team is winning with Gus under center.
    6-3 as a matter of fact.
    Now the argument can be made that TJack could be just as good - and it is possible.
    But there is absolutely no guarantee of that.
    Changing out the QB, the team leader, while we are winning games in the midst of a playoff run is more likely to have a negative effect, especially when the new QB likely can't bring anything more to the table.

Change them both out once the season is over and bring in some real talent.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V4L

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

To be honest, we don't know for sure why TJack was benched.
    I think that the practices during the week - which we are not privy to - played a part in it.
    I don't think that Gus is worse than TJack, but I think he is probably just about as bad.

The reason I think it would be a poor decision to change QBs is because the team is winning with Gus under center.
    6-3 as a matter of fact.
    Now the argument can be made that TJack could be just as good - and it is possible.
    But there is absolutely no guarantee of that.
    Changing out the QB, the team leader, while we are winning games in the midst of a playoff run is more likely to have a negative effect, especially when the new QB likely can't bring anything more to the table.

Change them both out once the season is over and bring in some real talent.

Agreed my man

I was just mad when we did make the switch.. Thinking Gus has been horrible his whole entire career

While we weren't/aren't sure how Jackson would do

But what happened is done and you stick with it

Rambro is offline Rookie

"V4L" wrote:

I think the double teams on Berrian will dissapear if Jackson does go back in,other than that I want Jackson back in, I think we would get the same amount of production out of the QB and our offense might open up more with the added mobility. Plus Jackson might have room for improvement. I honestly think things might have gone alot differently if Jackson had not missed those lost two preseason games, he might have been a little rusty in the first two games.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:

LOL, all you need is to throw in the buzzword "mobility" that is a keyword for "I don't understand shit about the position of QB in the NFL" and you have it all.

Watching people fight over which QB is best is like watching monkeys fucking a football.
    Entertaining, but it isn't going anywhere.

At least the monkeys would give up eventually.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast