Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

V4L's Play By Play Jax Vs. Vikes 1st Half

Im bored so im doing a quick analysis of each play.. Im not an expert but I can tell when people are doing their jobs.. I didn't rewatch each play to see each level so take these with a grain of salt if you wanna read each one.. Sometimes you can't see the WR's down field so it's hard to see the whole picture. But this is about all you can do

First Vikes Kick off: Good coverage
    Jax: Fumble picked up by Nap, TD.. We got a break but they happen

2nd Vikes Kick off: Great play by Cedric.. He has a knack for going for the strip and it worked great
    Vikes: 3 wide I like this.. Chester up the middle for a first.. Great blockng up front.. Hutch and Mac GREAT seals
    Vikes: Reverse to Berrian.. Great block by Kliennny on the edges to get him going and Wade downfield
    Vikes: Handoff to Chester.. Great block by Mac to take his guy inside and Dugan to seal his guy after Chester spun.. TD.. Great play

3rd Vikes Kickoff: Tackle by Adullah while getting blocked.. I like this kid he is a turning into a great special teamer
    Jax: Great bounce out by Fred Taylor.. Leber over ran to the inside and took himself out.. Good job by Cedric to get off his block
    Jax: Roll out incomplete.. Cedric recognize this well and got over this the WR in the flats
    Jax: Incomplete.. We sent the blitz and they picked it up.. Good coverage and we got a tipped ball
    Jax: 3rd and 10.. Ray Edwards great strength and almost got to Garrard.. They fall short and it was good tackling

Jax Punt: In the endzone
    Min: AP still out.. I like the punishment.. 3 wide and 2 backs I like.. Did a draw play but they picked it up great
    Min: Playaction.. No one was open that I saw.. I would have got rid of the ball.. Gus is a vet you gotta do that
    Min: Shotgun and short to Sidney.. Couldn't see if anyone was open.. Great blocks to create a pocket for Gus

Min Punt: EVERYBODY over ran this once again.. We can't be doing that.. The gunner on the right was the worst.. We can't be letting teams get this field postion to get back into games.. I saw Tyrell close to the play but didnt get a good angle to get in there for a tackle.. Props to Kluwe for getting up hahaha
    Jax: MJD offtackle to the right.. Great persut.. Winny on the other side holding contain.. Great stop
    Jax: We send the delay blitz no one got there.. AW got turned around and wasn't close to making a play
    Jax: MJD to the left.. Griffin GREAT open field tackle.. Griff playing a great game thus far
    Jax: Shotgun TD pass to Reggie Williams.. AW was in his zone and came fairly close to making a play.. No pressure.. Good call clearing out our zones.. I don't like the zones in the redzone.. Had we not given them good field position they should be down more

Jax Kick: Darius Reynaud back.. Onside kick.. They kicked it too short.. We were not ready and got lucky
    2nd kickoff.. Out of bounds.. THANK YOU SCOBEE for your first blunder
    Min: AP outside to the left for 20.. GREAT inside seal from Mac AGAIN.. Shank sets the edge.. And Wade down field.. TEXTBOOK run
    Min: Playaction.. Sack Rashean Mathis.. Mac could have picked him up.. Gus shoulda got rid of it to AP short
    Min: AP for 4.. Decent blocking
    Min: 3rd and long.. 3 wide.. Great blitz pick up by Chester.. Gus sails another deep pass.. Hicks Mac and Hutch are making sure nothing is getting around the edges besides the Mathis sack
    Min: Longwell for 54.. Great kick.. Thanks Scobee for the blunder

Min 3rd Kickoff: MJD back.. Circui once again gets blown up.. They get a huge hole and Tahi flys threw to make a nice hit.. Please cut Curcui!!
    Jax: Roll out.. Great coverage and persuit from Allen.. He got lucky to get 5
    Jax: Dive to Taylor.. Pat was in immediatley... Great push by every lineman
    Jax: 3rd and 7 we GOTTA stop them.. No pressure besides Edwards.. Jones slips out of Cedric's zone and gets a slant for a first.. I blame this on the lack of pressure and letting Jones clear the zone
    Jax: We press at the line and play great coverage.. Pressure around the edges but David hits a quick shovel pass.. Good play by Garrard.. We played good there though
    Jax: Empty backfield.. We are playing in a zone..Cedric bats a ball down.. I like this press and man to man alot.. Cedric has thrived so far in this
    Jax: 3rd and 3.. Holding on Pashos for the first time.. Ray is killing him at this point
    Jax: 3rd and 13.. 1st down.. Cedric and Greenway on the blitz.. I didn't like this call.. Just hold them short and they had to punt after that.. Only person close was Cedric
    Jax: Draw to Taylor.. Good blocking up front.. But good play keeping it to 3 yards
    Jax: Not getting any pressure.. We play man here and Northcutt gets a quick slant.. We gotta get pressure for this man to man work
    Jax: 3rd and 1 we sell out on the run.. Everyone gets stuck in the middle and MJD slips out for a quick toss

2nd Q

Jax drive continued: Shovel pass to MJD.. Good play by Jax.. Nothing we could really do there
    Jax: Offsides K-will.. It happens
    Jax: Outside to Taylor.. Good persuit by the team.. Ray Edwards has been tossing around Pashos
    Jax: Taylor dive up the middle.. Williams boys making sure he doesn't get much
    Jax: Shotgun.. They clear the zones again and Mercedes drops a pass for a TD.. We got lucky there
    Jax: FG attempt: Good..
    We were getting no pressure and they were exploiting our ends crashing the edges by shovel passes to where they would be and once again in the redzone we play zone and fortunetley we luck out

Jax Kick Off: Darius Reynaud past the 20.. Trying to run sideways too much.. Not very good blocking.. We gotta shore this up
    Min: Playaction.. Berrian one on one against Mathis.. Gus makes his first good toss.. I like using Berrian in motion so they can't press him
    Min: AP dive up the middle.. Got nothing.. Good stop by B-Will
    Min: 3rd and 4.. Good blocking upfront.. Mac is manhandling his guy.. Sidney slips out and gets a slant
    Min: AP offtackle.. For 3.. Not so good blocking
    Min: Pitch to AP.. Sniffed out well by the Jags.. I like the call
    Min: Shotgun.. They send the blitz.. We pick it up well.. Gus doesn't put anything on his throw and gets it tipped

Min Punt: Great play by Benny Sapp to cause the fumble.. The others kind of gave up after that and let Florence pick up extra yards after he picks it up.. Abdullah was the only one I saw in the picture going 100 percent.. I like this kid
    Jax: Missed handoff and Garrard rolls out.. Great chase down by K-will.. So far K-will and Ray are the only ones getting push and persuit
    Jax: Three wide.. Hits the back up TE in Winny's zone.. Winny was back and Greenway was short and got over for the tackle
    Jax: 3 wide.. No pressure and he hits Northcutt for 18.. We blitz Greenway and Napo and we couldn't get in.. Jax hits Northcutt easily
    Jax: Playaction.. Playing man to man here.. Cedric breaks up a pass to Reggie Williams.. GREAT coverage by Cedric.. He is playing great this game
    Jax: Flag.. Offsides Ellis Wyms..
    Jax: 3 wide.. Winny covered Jones and played it well.. Jones only chance was a 1 handed grab.. Allen only one getting any pressure that play
    Jax: 3rd down.. We send the blitz and no one gets there again.. MJD deep down the middle.. Great play by Jags.. K-will was the only close one
    Jax: Up the middle for
    Taylor.. Once again he is getting nothing but 2-3 yards.. Our run D is playing great
    Jax: We send 1 guy and Robison hits Garrard.. Only one around the QB otherwise they had a great pocket.. Short to Sensibagh..
    Jax: 3rd and 5.. Flag.. Holding on Jax
    Jax: 3rd and 15.. Shovel pass gets them back into FG range
    Jax FG attempt: 46 yard attempt goes wide left.. Thanks Scobee

Min: 3 wide.. Comeback route to Bobby Wade.. Dropped.. Good toss by Gus
    Min: Gus holds the ball.. Runs outside and thows it into a big cluster of people.. MAYBE could have got Shank short.. Otherwise im not sure what he was thinking.. Just throw that ball away when no one is open.. So far he is making rookie mistakes by not getting rid of the ball and hesitating.. Not throwing the ball well at all

Jax: Short to Mercedes in Winny's zone
    Jax: Playaction.. No pressure once again.. We are in a man and Winny can't stick with Matt Jones too long.. Hits him deep
    Jax: Winny drops back and Greenway slides to Winny's slot when the ball is snapped.. They hit the TE there before Greenway can get over
    Jax: K-will gets pressure.. Garrard gets flustered and Pat Williams get the sack.. Im not sure what Garrard was doing
    Jax: Incomplete to Jones Drew
    Jax: We send 4 and we break up a pass in the seam to Porter.. Good coverage.. Poor rush.. Wyms was fairly close but no one else got a sniff
    Jax FG attempt: Miss.. Scobee has missed 2 FGs and kicked a kick off out of bounds.. He is helping us alot..

Min: Outside handoff to Chester.. They wrap him up.. Timeout Jax
    Min: AP dive for 3
    We go to halftime.. Im mad at this point.. We had 47 seconds and 3 timeouts.. This is the main thing that has been bugging me about Chilly.. He sits on the ball.. Please atleast make an attempt and try to get more momentum

This half had Scobee not messed on the kickoff we wouldn't have been in FG range taking 3 off the board.. Had the center made the right snap we wouldn't have had 7 there.. And if Scobee didn't miss those 2 FGs they could have had 6 more

The score easily could have been 7-19 or so.. We are lucky to have a lead this half and im not pleased with Gus at this point

Good players for us: Ray Edwards. Cedric Griffin, Kevin Williams, Madieu Williams, Antoine Winfielf, Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, Artis Hicks, Chester Taylor, Adrian Peterson, Sidney Rice, Bernard Berrian, Abdullah, Josh Scobee

Bad Players at the Half: Vinny Curcui, Gus Frerotte, Ben Leber, Bobby Wade

Our coaching was horrible and a few of the players I added in on the star section didn't play all that well.. But when we were playing how we were they did good

We had some players playing great.. We had some playing bad.. And we had a few people just doing what they do.. The coaching wasn't all that great.. And Jax was giving us breaks like crazy

Onto the 2nd Half

V4L

Re: V4L's Play By Play Jax Vs. Vikes 1st Half

After watching the game again I gotta agree with what Marstc was saying in a few threads

We needed to get AP the ball more.. Gus was off and we saw us passing almost every drive on 1st and and 3rd down

I agreed with sitting AP out and not letting him start.. But after that he needed the ball more.. I dont care if he is sick.. He was in and we needed to get him the ball

The playcalling was pretty bad.. I liked some of the calls.. But we needed to get away from Gus, he wasn't setting up our run at all.. We needed to run to set up the pass.. Which isn't us.. But Gus was playing bad at this point and killing drives

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    After watching the game again I gotta agree with what Marstc was saying in a few threads

We needed to get AP the ball more.. Gus was off and we saw us passing almost every drive on 1st and and 3rd down

I agreed with sitting AP out and not letting him start.. But after that he needed the ball more.. I dont care if he is sick.. He was in and we needed to get him the ball

The playcalling was pretty bad.. I liked some of the calls.. But we needed to get away from Gus, he wasn't setting up our run at all.. We needed to run to set up the pass.. Which isn't us.. But Gus was playing bad at this point and killing drives
    THANK YOU! I am glad someone is paying attention. The only thing I want to say is that it does not have to be Peterson. I will gladly see Chester take snaps as well.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

THANK YOU! I am glad someone is paying attention. The only thing I want to say is that it does not have to be Peterson. I will gladly see Chester take snaps as well.
    Hell, we're all paying attention marstc.
    And most of us agree.
    I would much rather see a 60-40 split or better in run vs pass as opposed to the 50/50 we saw yesterday.
    Even in long situations, I would like to see us run the ball early in the game, especially when we are up by 14.
    Keep wearing them down and we will see AD break off some of the long ones in the 4th.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

A very good breakdown of the game that you have put together V4L there is just one mistake I noticed

"V4L" wrote:

Min 3rd Kickoff: MJD back.. Circui once again gets blown up.. They get a huge hole and Tahi flys threw to make a nice hit.. Please cut Curcui!!

While you obviously have a deep disgust of Vinny's play on special teams he is not at fault yesterday as he was inactive due to injury.

Vikings | Week 12 Inactives
    Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:24:19 -0800

The Minnesota Vikings have declared TE Garrett Mills, QB John David Booty, DL Letroy Guion, OT Marcus Johnson, RB Maurice Hicks, DL Otis Grigsby, WR Robert Ferguson, LB Vinny Ciurciu inactive for Week 12.

http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2008/11/hicks_inactive.html
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

V4L

"FuadFan" wrote:
    A very good breakdown of the game that you have put together V4L there is just one mistake I noticed

"V4L" wrote:

While you obviously have a deep disgust of Vinny's play on special teams he is not at fault yesterday as he was inactive due to injury.

The Minnesota Vikings have declared TE Garrett Mills, QB John David Booty, DL Letroy Guion, OT Marcus Johnson, RB Maurice Hicks, DL Otis Grigsby, WR Robert Ferguson, LB Vinny Ciurciu inactive for Week 12.

I thought he was too

I looked at the play again noticed the dude wasn't white haha

Thanks man.. Not sure who it was

I forgot to pause the game and change it

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"FuadFan" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

Nice catch Fuad.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

These are the types of threads I love, but I'm at work. I will read and comment when I get home.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    These are the types of threads I love, but I'm at work. I will read and comment when I get home.
    Work = PPO posting time my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L

Yes please do add your 2 cents V

I love your perspective and you always add good insight.. I feel you know a little more about the x's and o's then many here.. Or atleast just understand the game more ha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast