Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

Re: V4L's Gus Frerotte Pass Attempt Breakdown

"V4L" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    16th Pass Attempt
    4th and 1.. Stupid play call IMO.. Playaction and Gus avoids a sack nicely.. Delivers a short ball though however.. Had it been a WR they MAY have caught it... Brooks was a split second early IMO but I wouldn't have called it either.. Had Gus had a fourth of a second earlier maybe he could have thrown it a yard farther or so.. But I wasn't too mad at Gus on this one

This was a blatant pass interference. after watching the replay, the pass was good and adrian peterson had one hand on it, i saw it and wondered where his other hand was. Brooks had his other arm tied up.

I didnt like that we went for it, but i thought the play called was excellent (except for the missed block) and showed in how brooks had to hold peterson to keep up. this would have been a touchdown had brooks not held him.

I watched it 5 times and personally thought they could have called it.. But I didn't think his arm was tied up as bad as you think..

There definitley was interference.. I didn't see much so if they did call it I would have said yes he did interfere.. But they didn't and I don't totally disagree with that

The ball was totally underthrown it was NOT a good throw.. It needed to be to his other shoulder and a little deeper.. It was short and gave Brooks a chance to get there

Had it been a little deeper it probably could have been a TD.. But it was short and IMO I would have prefereed a screen or any type of run with Adrian including a draw over a playaction with Gus noodle arm Frerotte
    i would like to see it again because if i remember right the ball hit peterson on his right shoulder and bounced off his helmet with his right arm trying to pinch the ball, then as they fell his left arm being held by brooks came free. all in all childress should not have gone for it on 4th down at midfield.

either way it turned out to be another failed 4th down attempt that wasnt entirely necessary

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah im never comfortable with Frerotte on a 4th down

Theres not much of a chance of him running it for a first

And around a 50 percent chance he makes a good throw

With Adrian I wonder what percent of his carries go for atleast a yard

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re-sign Brooks Bollinger!!!

or Kelly Holcomb!!!

or Brad Johnson!!!

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    Re-sign Brooks Bollinger!!!

or Kelly Holcomb!!!

or Brad Johnson!!!

Or we could just fire Childress and bring in a real HC and QB...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    Oh yah and EJmat I guess I don't think it was a bad call.. Personally I like the odds of Peterson falling forward for a yard then Gus on a playaction

But it was a bad throw and I blame the outcome on that.. Not the playcall
    That's true too but I have to admit I like the gutsy play.
    That's two games in a row they went to throw on 4th down.
    If anything it will keep tteams honest in the future.

V4L

Agreed my man

Had Gus thrown it just a yard longer or so I think it would have been completely different most likely

"ejmat" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Oh yah and EJmat I guess I don't think it was a bad call.. Personally I like the odds of Peterson falling forward for a yard then Gus on a playaction

But it was a bad throw and I blame the outcome on that.. Not the playcall
    That's true too but I have to admit I like the gutsy play.
    That's two games in a row they went to throw on 4th down.
    If anything it will keep tteams honest in the future.
    i think u gotta prove u can make the throws and get the first downs to keep teams honest.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    LOL

I wish it was that easy my man

I think the passing game would have been about on par as it was with the way we were just throwing tiny slants and dump offs and whip routes

I think the difference would have been less sacks that were drive killers and we would have had atleast 30 rushing yards with Jackson

Who knows if he would have made a mistake to totally kill the game or not.. But a couple throws on the last 2 drives and a very indecisive play from Gus killed the game for us in the end

Had Chester not fumbled who knows if we drove down the field or not.. But never the less people were saying Gus did good in the last 2 drives.. I strongly beg to differ
    IMO the rushing would have been worse because teams would just go back to putting 8-9 guys in the box and daring jackson to throw it deep, which he is absolutely horrible at doing and the offense would have gotten less productive as the year went on as the defenses put pressure on us at the LOS and ignored the deep routes that jackson isn't able to hit on during game time.

They did have 7-8 in the box basically the whole game though my man

Re-watch the game

Expecially in the 2nd quarter they knew Gus wasn't hitting anything deep so they had 1 safety back most of the time.. 2 when they wanted to blitz and played a shell

I didn't say 7-8

V4L

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    LOL

I wish it was that easy my man

I think the passing game would have been about on par as it was with the way we were just throwing tiny slants and dump offs and whip routes

I think the difference would have been less sacks that were drive killers and we would have had atleast 30 rushing yards with Jackson

Who knows if he would have made a mistake to totally kill the game or not.. But a couple throws on the last 2 drives and a very indecisive play from Gus killed the game for us in the end

Had Chester not fumbled who knows if we drove down the field or not.. But never the less people were saying Gus did good in the last 2 drives.. I strongly beg to differ
    IMO the rushing would have been worse because teams would just go back to putting 8-9 guys in the box and daring jackson to throw it deep, which he is absolutely horrible at doing and the offense would have gotten less productive as the year went on as the defenses put pressure on us at the LOS and ignored the deep routes that jackson isn't able to hit on during game time.

They did have 7-8 in the box basically the whole game though my man

Re-watch the game

Expecially in the 2nd quarter they knew Gus wasn't hitting anything deep so they had 1 safety back most of the time.. 2 when they wanted to blitz and played a shell

I didn't say 7-8

Well Jackson is seeing the same looks Gus is so it doesn't make a difference anyway ha

I have VERY rarely seen 9 in the box.. You can debate you saw both safetys down but they weren't nessisarily in the box.. Just playing a little closer then dropping back

Gus and Jackson have both seen 2 corners and 1 safety probably 80-90 percent of the game

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast