Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Which is exactly why I'd want him. We have a hole at MLB that could be immediately filled by Urlacher this year while a young guy is brought in to learn from him & eventually replace him.

I think many people overlook the importance of having a quality veteran on the team that players look up to & learn from. God knows it appears a lot of our position coaches aren't some of the better ones around. Singletary is one of those exceptions, but having both Urlacher & Singletary on the team this year would help bring the new guy along.

Plus, Urlacher now has an axe to grind against the Bears & he certainly would have the motivation as a Viking to prove them wrong.
    As for quality veterans there is Allen, Greenway and Williams on the defense and I think some of the guys on the defense would rather have Winfield back as a veteran than bringing Urlacher.

With Singetary being the exception of coaches does he really need help, he does strike me as a "its my way guy"...that kinda comes from him dropping his pants at halftime in front of the team or sending Davis to the shower early.

Just a coouple of things to concider, my biggest concern with Urlacher is that he has lost a step and I'd worry head be on IR by week 6...just based on how thing go being a vikings fan and all

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I'm with Smegma on this one. Actually, I just like saying Smegma.
    Been trying to change my name to phlegm but I can't figure out how to delete my account !

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Just to throw another name out there but I'm wonder if Singletory has any interest in Larry Grant who did fill in for Willis when he was hurt and Mike has been around him

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I'm with Smegma on this one. Actually, I just like saying Smegma.
    +1 on agreeing plus smegma is like the proverbial frosting on the cake so to speak.

Blog Entries
    If you ever change your name I will hunt you down.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    As for quality veterans there is Allen, Greenway and Williams on the defense and I think some of the guys on the defense would rather have Winfield back as a veteran than bringing Urlacher.

With Singetary being the exception of coaches does he really need help, he does strike me as a "its my way guy"...that kinda comes from him dropping his pants at halftime in front of the team or sending Davis to the shower early.

Just a coouple of things to concider, my biggest concern with Urlacher is that he has lost a step and I'd worry head be on IR by week 6...just based on how thing go being a vikings fan and all
    If it came down to a choice between Urlacher or Winfield, I'd take Winfield. The veteran presence in our backfield right now is Cook or Jefferson, neither of which have started more than 18 games in 3 years.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Urlacher to the Vikings?

If it came down to it I would leave them both on the market and spend my energy finding younger players to fill the positions and the right coaches to develop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If it came down to it I would leave them both on the market and spend my energy finding younger players to fill the positions and the right coaches to develop them.
    First of all, I'd find the right coaches to teach them. We don't have many quality coaches at the player positions IMO. If you get rid of quality players you may spend years trying to find suitable replacements for them. The time to find them is before you get rid of the veterans not after them.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-23-2013 at 09:09 AM.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    First of all, I'd find the right coaches to teach them. We don't have many quality coaches at the player positions IMO. If you get rid of quality players you may spend years trying to find suitable replacements for them. The time to find them is before you get rid of the veterans not after them.
    +1

WWBGD

Brian Urlacher says Vikings have talked to his agents

Brian Urlacher says Vikings have talked to his agents - TwinCities.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678