Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Or Bernard Berrian and Marcus Robinson
    You forgot about Devin Aromashodu

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    LOL, let's stick with old and used Packers, they seem to do better than old used Bears.
    We haven't done that well with the younger Bears either

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    He was coming off a knee injury last year, and still lead the Bears in tackles before a hamstring injury in week 13.
    He knows the system, and I bet he would enjoy the opportunity to play indoors for some of the loudest fans in the NFL.
    I would not be apposed to giving him a 1 year contract that is heavily incentive based. Even if he doesn't work out it would piss off the all the Bears fans, and that has to be worth something.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    He was coming off a knee injury last year, and still lead the Bears in tackles before a hamstring injury in week 13.
    He knows the system, and I bet he would enjoy the opportunity to play indoors for some of the loudest fans in the NFL.
    I would not be apposed to giving him a 1 year contract that is heavily incentive based. Even if he doesn't work out it would piss off the all the Bears fans, and that has to be worth something.

Could you imagine if the Vikings somehow won a superbowl with Jennings and Urlacher? Pack/Bears fans would go nuts!

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    If anyone could teach a young linebacker how to play the middle in this system it would be Urlacher.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    If anyone could teach a young linebacker how to play the middle in this system it would be Urlacher.
    And/or...Singletary!?? It would be rather freaking ironic if 2 of the best Bears backers of all time ganged up to teach a young Viking just how the hell to man the middle!!

My problem with Urlacher is that he's so temporary of a fix at MLB. He's been dinged up a lot lately and only has a year or two left in the tank...I guess I'd just really like to see some sort of future brought in there whether its Minter or Ogletree in the first, maybe Te'o or Alonso in the 2nd, or Bostic, Reddick or Johnson in the 3rd. And get a first year under their belts while Singletary is still with us.

Or maybe just sign Dansby instead...he's been almost as productive as Urlacher but has 4 less seasons under his belt.

Any of you guys think we're going to role with Audie Cole? He did flash some nice instincts in that one preseason game, snagging 2 pick-6s in a row. Perhaps, he is our understudy at MLB...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Any of you guys think we're going to role with Audie Cole? He did flash some nice instincts in that one preseason game, snagging 2 pick-6s in a row. Perhaps, he is our understudy at MLB...?

There's a reason he's never seen real game action. Getting the two pick-6s was great, but it's preseason...

Remember Sherels had a great preseason his rookie year. That dude probably couldn't cover Robert Ferguson today in a pickup game.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Report: Vikings not interested in Urlacher unless price comes down

Report: Vikings not interested in Urlacher unless price comes down | ProFootballTalk

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    He's a pussy.....Just ask Jay Cutler !

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    It really comes down to whether his knee is healthy enough for another season. If he could have as good a year as Favre had his first year here I am all for signing him to a one year contract. I read a lot about how he isn't what he used to be however what he is now is probably better than any rookie could ever be. If the cap room is there at the end of FA then I say sign him to a one year deal.

WWBGD

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Personally, I don't see it... I've always like Urlacher as a player and a leader, but, I don't see him compromising his salary demands to come to the Vikes. I see the Vikes drafting a MLB in the first 3 rounds and continuing the youth movement. That said, if they go BPA and a MLB doesn't fall there, it's possible...but, I'm not seeing it.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast