Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Oh, I said he was our best CB, Smith is a Safety. Chris Cook is nowhere near the player Winfield is, and the jury is still out on Robinson.
    I like Winfield I'm just saying we've invested in the secondary which is why they felt they could let Winfield go, they could still bring him back at a lower price, I'm sure he could be had for less than the 7million he was set to make.
    Outside of Greenway we don't have much at linebacker, so it might be wise to bring in a veteran.
    Winfield is older than Urlacher too.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I like Winfield I'm just saying we've invested in the secondary which is why they felt they could let Winfield go, they could still bring him back at a lower price, I'm sure he could be had for less than the 7million he was set to make.
    Outside of Greenway we don't have much at linebacker, so it might be wise to bring in a veteran.
    Winfield is older than Urlacher too.
    No, I hear ya man. I don't think Winfield will come back unless he absolutely doesn't have any other suitors which I don't think will happen. The way it went down, I think Winfield would rather not come back. Urlacher is much more beat up then Winfield though. Did you watch Bears games? I feel bad for the guy, he looks like he is in pain everytime he moves.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    As i said in another thread i hope we go and get Alex Ogletree, but as a stop-gap guy at ILB.. Urlacher who fit in very nice.. He is very well suited for our type of defense.

He played bad last year but was banged up most of the time.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    As i said in another thread i hope we go and get Alex Ogletree, but as a stop-gap guy at ILB.. Urlacher who fit in very nice.. He is very well suited for our type of defense.

He played bad last year but was banged up most of the time.
    Always respected the guy but I don't think he has any legs left.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Probably not going to happen.

According to sources close to the situation, all veterans who were working out at Winter Park quickly left the premises after Winfield was let go to make room for Loadholt's payday, in fear that Spielman would step away from his desk, look out the window that overlooks the facility, to find yet another body he could cut to free up cap space.

No one is there that he can call up to his office to tell them to get the fuck out, they're a cap casualty and no longer welcome on the team.
    Kluwe was standing tall out in the parking lot, Daring anyone to fuck with him. He can and will shank every third punt, but he still assured Delegate Everett C. Burns Jr. that gay people "won't turn you into a lustful c*ckmonster." Now I read that quote and f*cking laugh, every time. I want to see J Love Hewitt wearing a Tee-shirt that says that. I'd make a poster of it and hang it in my garage. I don't care what my wife said.....Oh, and to stay on topic, Fuck Brian Urlacher. Just my personal feelings on the guy. Never met him, but I just think he's a complete toolbag. Probably the nicest guy in the world. i'm judgmental. He wouldn't help the team. At all. Except more close up camera angles of him standing on the sidelines. Might improve jersey sales...
    Last edited by Jereamiah; 03-14-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    Tuco the world.....

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    It makes sense, we need linebacker. I think he has lost a step or two, but he still has a nose for the football and great leadership. If you get him relatively cheap it could be worth the investment. At the very least he could probably help game plan for the Bears 2 weeks a year, and mentor Greenway and our other young players.
    Yes we let Winfield go, but we have invested in other young corners to take his place.
    I wouldn't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I wouldn't mind it.
    Not real excited about shellin out money for the 'vikes rivals fading heroes. Look at the QB list. McMahon? Favreee? Who else....It would be an entertaining distraction during the NFC North games. Not much else. The Linebacker group has a leader. Greenway fills that role just fine.
    Tuco the world.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jereamiah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I wouldn't mind it.
    Not real excited about shellin out money for the 'vikes rivals fading heroes. Look at the QB list. McMahon? Favreee? Who else....It would be an entertaining distraction during the NFC North games. Not much else. The Linebacker group has a leader. Greenway fills that role just fine.
    Favre gave us our best season in a long time....

Urlacher to the Vikings?

Definitely a hole now with Jasper gone.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I have to say I prefer the idea of a rookie MLB who could benefit from a year or two of guidance from Mr. Singletary...who may not be with the Vikings for very many more years.

One of those firsts could be a MLB: Minter, Ogletree, or Te'o. Or, perhaps, Jon Bostic in the 3rd or Reddick in the 2nd...? Just, to set us up for the future, and save us some cap space too.

Of course, without Winfield, we kinda need to grab an early corner too...and 2 WRs! D'oh!

Again, Karlos Dansby anyone?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast