Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I swear, I think some of these visits look like favors to agents to help them drive up a price...

Urlacher? Eeeeeeeewww! That might be worse than Favre...at least he didn't rely so much on his old legs and former speed to be effective at his position!

What about Karlos Dansby? He ranked pretty high on the PFF stat line with over 100 tackles and 9 passes defensed! And he's played 9 seasons instead of, what? 13 or more?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Here's last years FA signings from outside our team. Outside of Felton how much talent do you see?

RB Joe Banyard
    FB Jerome Felton
    WR Jerome Simpson
    WR Chris Summers
    TE Lamark Brown
    TE John Carlson
    TE Chase Ford
    OT Troy Kropog
    OT Geoffrey Schwartz
    LB Marvin Mitchell
    Oooh, let me answer.... Zip, zippo, none, nada. Spielman probably doesn't want to sign outside free agents because he knows that he absolutely sucks at doing it.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I was going to say it Must be lonely in your sad little world at moms house, but instead I think I will ask if you actually believe you know more about running an NFL team than the man who took us from 3-13 to 10-6 and a playoff berth in his first year as the head of our Vikings team?
    Ha ha, funny man huh? Dude, I have a brand new house in a brand new subdivision on the outskirts of Green Bay. I also have 2 2012 vehicles, a beautiful wife and a 1 year old son. Far cry from living at home huh?

Now it usually works out that the people that claim it must be lonely living in their moms basement, usually know from experience because that's where they currently reside.
    Haha nice vikesfaninwis!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I was going to say it Must be lonely in your sad little world at moms house, but instead I think I will ask if you actually believe you know more about running an NFL team than the man who took us from 3-13 to 10-6 and a playoff berth in his first year as the head of our Vikings team?
    Did you mean Adrian Peterson? Because, quite honestly, that's who took us to 10-6. Almost by himself offensively.

If you mean Spielman, then I'd say it's still quite possible that VfW does know more than him, because we have yet to see him make any type of majorly positive impact on the team. So far, it's been a lot of minor upgrades or treading water...and in the case of the WR corps, watching it erode to nothing.

Spielman hasn't done enough either to validate his position or to make a case for his dismissal....yet. Cutting Winfield was a tough call, but one that probably had to be made. But signing Urlacher would be a risky move at best...he's nowhere near what he was. And what he'd add to the LB corps wouldn't really be worth the cap space he'd demand.

Also - on a side note - not a big fan of giving Loadholt a huge payday. I think the guy has seriously underperformed the past couple of seasons.

Caine

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Ha ha, funny man huh? Dude, I have a brand new house in a brand new subdivision on the outskirts of Green Bay. I also have 2 2012 vehicles, a beautiful wife and a 1 year old son. Far cry from living at home huh?

Now it usually works out that the people that claim it must be lonely living in their moms basement, usually know from experience because that's where they currently reside.
    Above is what was claimed.....let's see what he really meant?

"Dude, I have a brand new house in a brand new subdivision on the outskirts of Green Bay."

"I also have 2 2012 vehicles",

" a beautiful wife and a 1 year old son."

" Far cry from living at home huh?"

Hmmmmmm.......

Caine

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Funny stuff! Damned funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Above is what was claimed.....let's see what he really meant?

"Dude, I have a brand new house in a brand new subdivision on the outskirts of Green Bay."

"I also have 2 2012 vehicles",

" a beautiful wife and a 1 year old son."

" Far cry from living at home huh?"

Hmmmmmm.......

Caine

Lol, that is some funny shit right there. Good one.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I hope you are not referring to Mr. Pass Interference AJ Jefferson and Chris Cook?
    I was referring to Chris Cook, Josh Robinson and Harrison Smith. Hopefully Jefferson can contribute too.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Plan and simple, I think we can do better at dealing with our DLB needs in ways other than going after Urlac. He was a very very good player in his day, but injurys and age have caught up with him and he's not what he used to be. I believe a solid Rookie could even step in and play close to his level of play right now. Thanks, but I'll pass.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I was referring to Chris Cook, Josh Robinson and Harrison Smith. Hopefully Jefferson can contribute too.
    Oh, I said he was our best CB, Smith is a Safety. Chris Cook is nowhere near the player Winfield is, and the jury is still out on Robinson.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast