Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Urlacher to the Vikings?

Report: Urlacher and Vikings have had talks | ProFootballTalk

Sure, release a aging CB like Winfield and go for a washed up LB who can barely run these days. Someone should slap Spielman upside his stupid fuckin head of he does this move.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

singersp is online now PPO Newshound
    Probably not going to happen.

According to sources close to the situation, all veterans who were working out at Winter Park quickly left the premises after Winfield was let go to make room for Loadholt's payday, in fear that Spielman would step away from his desk, look out the window that overlooks the facility, to find yet another body he could cut to free up cap space.

No one is there that he can call up to his office to tell them to get the fuck out, they're a cap casualty and no longer welcome on the team.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Report: Urlacher and Vikings have had talks | ProFootballTalk

Sure, release a aging CB like Winfield and go for a washed up LB who can barely run these days. Someone should slap Spielman upside his stupid fuckin head of he does this move.
    I was going to say it Must be lonely in your sad little world at moms house, but instead I think I will ask if you actually believe you know more about running an NFL team than the man who took us from 3-13 to 10-6 and a playoff berth in his first year as the head of our Vikings team?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I was going to say it Must be lonely in your sad little world at moms house, but instead I think I will ask if you actually believe you know more about running an NFL team than the man who took us from 3-13 to 10-6 and a playoff berth in his first year as the head of our Vikings team?
    You do realize that players that were key in helping us get those 10 wins are no longer with the team.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't see this happening. He should finish up in Chicago. We should stay focused on youth.
    Last edited by thorshammer; 03-13-2013 at 09:18 PM.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I don't see this happening. He should finish up in Chicago. We should stay focused on youth.
    agreed. he is a bear. He has been a phenomenal player in his career. he needs to realize he is not what he used to be, and the bears need to realize he has been the face of their franchise for a long time. let him retire a bear.
    Like we should have done with Birk.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

You do realize that players that were key in helping us get those 10 wins are no longer with the team.
    We cut Walsh, Peterson, Kalil, Loadholt, smith and Sullivan?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yup..we played 6 vs. 22 every down last year... and still won 10 games...

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    They alone didn't get us 10 wins.

Here's 1 tidbit from just 1 game.

lest we forget, in that regular season finale against the Packers, as soon as Antoine Winfield went into the locker room, the Minnesota Vikings' secondary went into the toilet. Marcus Sherels was forced into the defensive backfield, and was regularly used and abused by Aaron Rodgers in the second half of that ball game. Had it not been for Brian Robison forcing a Rodgers fumble on a drive where the Packers were marching down the field again, there's a very good chance that the Vikings would have lost that ball game, because that secondary sure as hell wasn't stopping anybody in the second half that day.
    Who's looking forward to 16 games with our secondary playing like that?
    Last edited by singersp; 03-13-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast