Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Griffin easily. He was a more than adequate cover 2 corner until his legs went.

I think he took a lot more shit from this site than was warranted when you actually watched his play and understood his responsibilities.
    Thank you for being the one to agree with me. My point was not that Griffin was an outstanding corner but that there were many on this forum that were way off on how good he could be with a few seasons' experience.

I was trying to liken it specifically to how I view Cook's future.

Henderson at the Mike I don't know either way yet I just think having him not sure if he's playing Will or Mike and possibly having to switch mid season is a recipe for inconsistent play. Not against bringing in Urlacher completely but we better know for sure what everyone's role is when the pre-season is in full swing.

It's just not the best fit but I can see how depth in case of injury could e an even bigger scare for Spielman too. I will say this though Minnesota could be pretty beast in Madden with Urlacher's overrated ass in the middle haha!!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Brian Urlacher not part of Vikings' plans at this time - NFL.com

The current plan is to move forward without Urlacher, who has not been discussed in staff meetings, according to Rapoport. The Vikings have shifted Erin Henderson inside with the hope the veteran will take to the role.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Well if Spielman is denying having discussed it in staff meetings that settles it....we're getting him. LOL

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Spielman said after the 2013 NFL Draft that he doesn't "anticipate" signing free agent Brian Urlacher to fill the void at middle linebacker, but Spielman is open to revisiting the situation down the road.
    Although the Vikings had announced plans to move weak-side linebacker Erin Henderson to the middle, they might be having second thoughts after failing to select an early-round linebacker in last month's draft. Adding Urlacher would prevent fourth-rounder Gerald Hodges from being rushed into the starting lineup while also allowing Henderson to return to his natural position. For salary-cap purposes, an Urlacher signing likely is on hold until after June 1.

Is Brian Urlacher close to joining Minnesota Vikings? - NFL.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Thanks singer. Basically Spielman told us nothing as one would expect. One thing the NFLN crew brought up was him being content not finding a team until Week 1/2 of the preseason as an old guy on his last legs a la Favre. That concerns me as a hired gun certainly takes away from the "team concept" of things. It can't please some of the guys if a team vet in Henderson puts in the work all summer after resigning...only to have his spot taken week one of the pre-season by a hired gun who is there for his "leadership" despite skipping TC.

I'm totally on board with signing him but if we do it needs to be at a sensible price and he should be with the team from the start of TC. Otherwise it stands to reason he'd be taking a few weeks of the regular season just getting into game shape. Otherwise lets stick with Erin in the middle and Hodges/Cole at the Will. We are still a mostly young, developing team despite our surprising win total last year.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Leslie Frazier: Vikings aren't chasing Brian Urlacher - NFL.com

The Vikings won't chase former Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher, at least for now, Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said Wednesday morning on "NFL AM."

"Brian has been a great player in our league for a long, long time," Frazier said. "He was a thorn in our side for many years. At this point, we want to look at the guys on our roster, give them a chance to compete for the middle linebacker position, then we'll see where it takes us."

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Translation- He will be signed shortly as soon as we can clear some cap space.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Or when they get his offer down a few more notches.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Leslie Frazier: Vikings aren't chasing Brian Urlacher - NFL.com
    Or when they get his offer down a few more notches.
    It means the Vikings don't really have a good middle linebacker in camp, and they will make do by trying to fit a square peg in a round hold.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Retired
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast