Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    A marrdro post that doesn't make any sense? That never happens.
    Marrdro refers to Urlacher as UrPacker. That alone tells you he hates the guy no matter how much he has left in the tank or how much or little he practices.

The only reason he likes Jennings is because he knows he would catch a lot of flack for spewing his ex-puker crap about him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I would like to see Urlacher here playing for us this year. The MLB calls the defensive plays and he certainly has the experience to recognize what the offense play set is. I don't think we want a rookie doing that which means someone else has to do it from the side rather than the center of the field. I wouldn't even be apposed to a two year performance based contract.

WWBGD

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Marrdro refers to Urlacher as UrPacker. That alone tells you he hates the guy no matter how much he has left in the tank or how much or little he practices.

The only reason he likes Jennings is because he knows he would catch a lot of flack for spewing his ex-puker crap about him.
    Why do you insist on saying I hate people especially someone as trivial as a cat who plays football?

If my only reason for not wanting him on the team was because of his affiliation with the Bores, I would say so but it isn't. I am 100% convinced that if he could still play ball at a level that was worth bringing in to make the team better the Bores would keep him around because they had the same group to pick from to replace him that we had to replace Jasper.

In the end, it is absolutely insane to bring a guy in, with the last of your CAP, only to have him go down because of his crappy knees.

That, and not some stupid crap about HATE is why I don't want him on the roster.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I would like to see Urlacher here playing for us this year. The MLB calls the defensive plays and he certainly has the experience to recognize what the offense play set is. I don't think we want a rookie doing that which means someone else has to do it from the side rather than the center of the field. I wouldn't even be apposed to a two year performance based contract.
    All valid reasons to bring him in. What about his knee issues?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Flair Hay View Post
    Haha thanks Marr. I'm more of a long term lurker that got into the technical side of the game the past year or so. Not a whole ton of that kind of info for casual fans in Canada.

Put it this way, I still remember when PPO's version of 1 vs 100 was the thread about Cedric Griffin being in the running for worst corner in the league and how that turned out pre injury.

More on topic, Urlacher made some big plays (2 TDs last year?) due largely to his experience and instincts but overall he was more of a run liability than ever before. Especially with Hodges (excels in man coverage for LB) and Rhodes (press man beast) we'll be playing more man coverage out of the base defense than we have for a long time. Urlacher also struggles far more than he used to in man against backs. Henderson will never be confused with Derrick Brooks in coverage but he's probably as good at this aspect as Urlacher at this point in his career. Not to mention if he really struggles more than we expect we have a 4th rounder tailor made for the nickel role.

or... AUDIE MF COLE
    Love it when Lurkers come out of the closet....

Love the 2 TDs', but what about the 4 games he missed and the weeks he went without being able to practice.

Again, I am in no way saying that the cat couldn't come in and make the team better. I'm just really really leery about bringing him in and then after a few weeks, he goes down.

I'd much rather go into the season with a plan to start with one of the guys on the roster and work someone else in (that is already on the roster) if that plan goes south.

Rationale for that is you have continuity across the board from OTA's all the way through the season.

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    We wouldn't have a rookie at MLB, most likely scenario is we have Henderson doing it. He'd be playing a different position, but he has experience calling the defensive plays. He is likely going to be below average, but so would Urlacher if we brought him in.

I'm not opposed to it as depth at that position is needed but at the price Urlacher wants? Not worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Anyone could get injured, Urlacher has missed 4 games total the last 3 season.
    I really don't think we are so tight against the cap that we couldn't afford 2-4million for a player of need.
    And he missed all but one game in 2009 after being healthy for 4 years, of being healthy. In the end he has huge issues with his knees that shouldn't just be poooh pooohed away because we all want a big name at the MLB position.

“This is the last year of my deal. Whatever happens, happens,” Urlacher said. “I’m going to play the best I can this year and hopefully I can stay healthy, play 16 games and then whatever we have in the playoffs. Then, we’ll approach it after that. I’m not going to sit here and say, ‘I want to play four more years’ right now. Because before my knee was hurt (in training camp), I thought I could play four more. My knee just isn’t the same anymore. It’s never going to be the same.”
    Chicago Bears Urlacher says knee 'is never going to be the same' - Chicago Tribune

Going into the draft we had just enough to sign the rookie class with a small cushion to sign someone later in the season if we lost someone important.

So yes, we are tight up against the CAP.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    All valid reasons to bring him in. What about his knee issues?
    Well I think we just have to trust that the medical staff is capable of giving good advice to the FO. He would have to pass a physical in order to be signed. I am sure they will have a good idea of what he can do and what he can't do and how vulnerable he would be.

WWBGD

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think Singletary might have more gas in the tank than Urlacher does.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Flair Hay View Post
    Haha thanks Marr. I'm more of a long term lurker that got into the technical side of the game the past year or so. Not a whole ton of that kind of info for casual fans in Canada.

Put it this way, I still remember when PPO's version of 1 vs 100 was the thread about Cedric Griffin being in the running for worst corner in the league and how that turned out pre injury.

More on topic, Urlacher made some big plays (2 TDs last year?) due largely to his experience and instincts but overall he was more of a run liability than ever before. Especially with Hodges (excels in man coverage for LB) and Rhodes (press man beast) we'll be playing more man coverage out of the base defense than we have for a long time. Urlacher also struggles far more than he used to in man against backs. Henderson will never be confused with Derrick Brooks in coverage but he's probably as good at this aspect as Urlacher at this point in his career. Not to mention if he really struggles more than we expect we have a 4th rounder tailor made for the nickel role.

or... AUDIE MF COLE
    I have been pushing for Cole since we did not take a Mike in the draft (Excluding Mauti, of course). But if you liked Brinkley, you should like Cole, I think he has the potential to be better than Brinkley because of his insincts in the passing game. And as I have said in other threads if he doesn't pan out we can stick Henderson in there, which looks to be the original plan anyway.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast