Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Urlacher still on Vikings' radar?

Is Brian Urlacher still on Minnesota Vikings' radar?

Is Brian Urlacher still on Minnesota Vikings' radar? - NFL.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I'm still perplexed that everyone wants to perpetrate this farce. Lets raise the bullshit flag and ask a question.....

How in the hell can a player, who can't practice, learn to play with a new team and still be effective?

Just say no to Urpackers old ass and go with what you have or bring in a guy that can actually work with his team in becoming a team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm still perplexed that everyone wants to perpetrate this farce. Lets raise the bullshit flag and ask a question.....

How in the hell can a player, who can't practice, learn to play with a new team and still be effective?

Just say no to Urpackers old ass and go with what you have or bring in a guy that can actually work with his team in becoming a team.
    Why can't he practice or learn to play with new teammates?
    What would you do with the linebacker position this year?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    A marrdro post that doesn't make any sense? That never happens.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Why can't he practice or learn to play with new teammates?
    What would you do with the linebacker position this year?
    He historically, (last 2 or 3 years) has taken practices off because of his knees. When he does practice its always on a "Limited" basis. That equates to film study and walk through.

As to your question....It depends on what I have left for CAP.

If Mauti is ready, he goes. If not, move Erin inside and run out your next best at the Will.

Going into the draft they had just enough to sign the rooks and have a small nest egg to sign someone during the season if they lost someone.

If they discover a couple of Mill (say by cutting Kluweless) I would bring in one of the following MLB's that is on the streets:

a. Kirk Morrison - Bills
    b. Keith Brookings - Broncos
    c. Omar Gaither - Raiders
    d. Mike Peterson - Falcons

One or all would be a better option at this point than UrPacker IMHO. Truth be told, what I would have done is not let Jasper out the door. Was he a good fit? Probably not the best, but even I could look out at the world and know that this was a very very bad year to try to fix a MLB position that was good enough to get you to 10-6 last year.

I would have rolled the dice, drafted a nice Warpig to take some of the "Run" heat off my LB'rs and hope that by doing that I improve their pass defensive play.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    A marrdro post that doesn't make any sense? That never happens.
    Why doesn't it make sense?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    He historically, (last 2 or 3 years) has taken practices off because of his knees. When he does practice its always on a "Limited" basis. That equates to film study and walk through.

If Mauti is ready, he goes. If not, move Erin inside and run out your next best at the Will.

Going into the draft they had just enough to sign the rooks and have a small nest egg to sign someone during the season if they lost someone.

If they discover a couple of Mill (say by cutting Kluweless) I would bring in one of the following MLB's that is on the streets:

a. Kirk Morrison - Bills

One or all would be a better option at this point than UrPacker IMHO. Truth be told, what I would have done is not let Jasper out the door. Was he a good fit? Probably not the best, but even I could look out at the world and know that this was a very very bad year to try to fix a MLB position that was good enough to get you to 10-6 last year.

I would have rolled the dice, drafted a nice Warpig to take some of the "Run" heat off my LB'rs and hope that by doing that I improve their pass defensive play.
    I'll concede that Urlacher will likely not do a lot of full contact practice, not uncommon for older players. To me that is not a deal breaker, it comes down to weather or not he can play the position.

Your other options are not too promising. A fourth round rookie starting week 1 seems like a bad idea.
    Kirk Morrison is 31 and hasn't started in two years. He had 8 tackles in 2 years with the Bills.

Keith Brooking is an option but he is 37, 3 years older than Urlacher. Much like Urlacher he will not do a lot of tackling in practice, and probably skips most of pre-season action.

Omar Gaither has been cut by 4 teams in 2 years. He was a free agent most of last season.

Mike Peterson is 36 years old, 2 years older than Urlacher. He won't be on the practice field much. He's had a total of 28 tackles the last 2 years.

I don't love the idea of signing Urlacher, but i think he's the best option right now. The best part is it would really piss off all Bears fans, including my fiance.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I'll concede that Urlacher will likely not do a lot of full contact practice, not uncommon for older players. To me that is not a deal breaker, it comes down to weather or not he can play the position.

Your other options are not too promising. A fourth round rookie starting week 1 seems like a bad idea.
    Kirk Morrison is 31 and hasn't started in two years. He had 8 tackles in 2 years with the Bills.

Keith Brooking is an option but he is 37, 3 years older than Urlacher. Much like Urlacher he will not do a lot of tackling in practice, and probably skips most of pre-season action.

Omar Gaither has been cut by 4 teams in 2 years. He was a free agent most of last season.

Mike Peterson is 36 years old, 2 years older than Urlacher. He won't be on the practice field much. He's had a total of 28 tackles the last 2 years.

I don't love the idea of signing Urlacher, but i think he's the best option right now. The best part is it would really piss off all Bears fans, including my fiance.
    LOL, I didn't say my options were optimal. Fact is, as I said, I wouldn't have let Jasper go because of how hard it was going to be to find a replacement.

Quick question, what happens if ole Urpacker does get signed with the last of our money and he winds up not being able to go after week 3 or 4 because it is very possible that his knees will go on him (again).

Then were are we?

Nope, either run the rookie out there, run Erin out there with the Rookie at OLB or bring someone in (no matter what his experience is) that is healthy because in the end, you are still building this team.

More importantly, we only have our Mike out there for 40% of the snaps. Improvement on the DL will help with about 30% of those snaps.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

a. Kirk Morrison - Bills

I say we roll the dice and go with Cole. We had Henderson at MIKE a few games last year and he left something to be desired, we know what he can do. Let Cole start if he flames out we still can put Henderson back in at the mike position.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I say we roll the dice and go with Cole. We had Henderson at MIKE a few games last year and he left something to be desired, we know what he can do. Let Cole start if he flames out we still can put Henderson back in at the mike position.
    He might be fine with improved play at the DT position.

Again, I believe that most of Jaspers issues came when he was caught mugging the line in anticipation for a running play which automatically put him 2 steps out of position for a pass play.

All MLB's look dumb when that happens.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast