Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: update on williamson

"carolinafan" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    Can we at least wait until his first career NFL game before we start calling Williamson a bust? He's got a ton of talent and with such a good system and coaching staff, he'll surely develop into a pretty good receiver at the least. Hopefully, he'll be able to become a dominant receiver to complement Burleson and we can all forget about Moss.
    Ahh, a voice of reason. Thanks for the sanity on a stupid thread to begin with. I'll guarantee you, every person on this board would be crapping it their pants when they arrived at their first mini camp. Troy is a 21 yr old junior, he's hit the big time, and he's playing ball with many of his idols. I'd say dropping a few balls during the week is allowed. A guy that wants to please everyone so much can't be all bad. Troy knows what he needs to work on, and the good news is, he'll do it.

Sterling Sharpe and Robert Brooks were in the same boat as Troy. Look how they turned out. Troy will be better than both when it's all over. I'll give you another example.....from basketball........Jermaine O'Neal. He came into the NBA very young, did very little the first 3 or 4 yrs as his body developed, and look at him now as an Allstar. TW won't take 3 or 4 yrs, but let's give him more than 1 week.
    Great post, new guy! :grin: I like that positive attitude! Keep up the good work!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

carolinafan is offline Rookie

Great post, new guy! :grin: I like that positive attitude! Keep up the good work![/quote]

Thanks Cajun Vike...............I kind of like being a new Viking fan. (Lord knows being an SC fan can be frustrating). I'm looking forward to next season. May have to get the ESPN NFL package now to see the Vikes a bunch.

Maybe we should just all ask Fred Smoot how TW is doing. TW's burnt him twice now. Now bad for a rookie (even one that dropped a few balls

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Carolina,

You may have posted this somewhere but where are you from? Which Carolina and where?

"Turboe" wrote:
    Carolina,

You may have posted this somewhere but where are you from? Which Carolina and where?
    South Carolina.........(the Carolinafan handle does not mean Panther fan. Went to SC, love SC sports)

"carolinafan" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    Carolina,

South Carolina.........(the Carolinafan handle does not mean Panther fan. Went to SC, love SC sports)
    Born/raised in Spartanburg. I see you're from G'ville. I worked there for many years. Now in TN (and yes, I hate the Vols

eclipse_2303 is offline Starter

who cares what he does in mini camp, the guy can play during the games plain & simple. & I heard otherwise anyway, I heard he was burning Smoot consistantly in practice. Plus he is a rookie, he is supposed to make mistakes.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"carolinafan" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    Carolina,

Cool, sorry I was a little slow responding.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think Williamson will be a solid player for us next year.. forget the dropped balls in minicamp.. it was his first step at the NFL.. im sure BMW dropped atleast 1 as well

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Calm down, people. There's no need to go postal over this. :violent3: Although the pick surprised me, I was satisfied that we picked Williamson.

Furthermore, the Williamson vs. Williams debate is now pointless. We already drafted Williamson. We can't undraft him and get Williams instead. Learn to be satisfied with what we have, which looks to me like a very talented, promising young receiver.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Big C is offline Coordinator

I was confused as most of you over the Williamson pick. However, I think we drafted what we needed. We needed a deep-threat reciever, not another posession reciever. So we took Williamson.

We are NOT a west coast offense that relies on 5 to 9 yard passes. We have Burleson and Taylor as possision recievers, Robinson for the Jump/Fade in the end zone, Jimmy, Wiggins and Mewelde for the third down conversions and Williamson as the deep threat. I mean who knows? What if we run a 4 WR play with Williamson and Campell running deep post routes? I mean the offense now has more options in the playbook.

Also, like a lot of people mentioned, Troy is NOT Moss's replacement! No one can replace Moss. However, we need someone to replace the role that Moss played. That is the deep threat.

Yes I am sure Mike Williams is going to be a heck of a WR in the NFL. Maybe even better than Troy. But Troy will give our offense a dimension that Mike Williams can't.

Also, wasn't Burleson a "bust" in his first year as our #2 reciever? A year later the dude is our #1 reciever! Drew Bennett and Javon Walker are two other WRs that blossomed in their second NFL year. A rookie is a rookie no matter which round he gets drafted in. Give the the kid at least a year before passing judgement.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast