Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Unusual Places to View/Listen to a Game?

I know many of us go to great lengths to watch or listen to our Vikes. :thumbright: Where was the most unusual place you ever watched or heard a Viking game? :?: Strange bars full of skanky, Limburger wafting cheesewhenches? Foreign countries? Alien space ships? :blob:

For me, 1976/77, sitting on an Air Force radar scope at Rockville, Iceland watching for Russian bombers and listening to the Vikes on the Armed Forces Radio and Television service. We didn't have all that fancy satelite stuff back in the stone age so we had radio! :lol:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

I don't think too many people are going to be able to out do your weirdest place. The only weird things I have done to see a game is drive outside the twin cities area back when they were blacked out consistently back a few years ago. You had to drive like 2-3 hours if you wanted to see the game on tv.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Well, you both missed the most OBVIOUS place - Lambeau Field. I was at the 2000 loss at Lambeau, December, FREEZING COLD RAIN, when what's-his-name caught that ball in OT off his back, got up and raced into the end zone for the winning TD. We actually had a chance to win that game in regulation but Mitch Berger f-ed up the snap and, instead of running out of bounds or throwing it out of bounds, he tried to throw a pass and was intercepted. It was a 3rd-down kick, so we would have had another shot at it had he thrown it out of bounds or ran out. Instead, Green Bay won the OT toss and ended up winning.

Nice field but crappy metal bleachers and terrible weather.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

I was working in NJ in the late 80s with 2 Bears fans. We found a Bar with a dish. We had to put a sizeable bribe in the bartenders hand to watch the VIKINGS play the Bears. The Vikings KILLED the Bears that game! I cleaned up on bets with my co-workers. Even the Giant's fans that were in the Bar were cheering the Vikes on.
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Well, you both missed the most OBVIOUS place - Lambeau Field. I was at the 2000 loss at Lambeau, December, FREEZING COLD RAIN, when what's-his-name caught that ball in OT off his back, got up and raced into the end zone for the winning TD. We actually had a chance to win that game in regulation but Mitch Berger f-ed up the snap and, instead of running out of bounds or throwing it out of bounds, he tried to throw a pass and was intercepted. It was a 3rd-down kick, so we would have had another shot at it had he thrown it out of bounds or ran out. Instead, Green Bay won the OT toss and ended up winning.

That's my favorite Packer/Viking game...thanks for the memories....:-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Oh yeah that was horrable i think i was a freshman in high school when i watched that on monday night, i was up late. I was so pissed i dont think i got much sleep that night, proly fell asleep in class the next day.

The worst vike/packer game was the one on sunday night football the year before last when jack brewer picked off farve and they called him for pass interference, when he never even made contact with the WR horrible call, shity memory, that would have ended the game.

I never really went into extreme to watch a game but i have begged my mom to stay home and watch the game instead of goin to church, so she would make me watch the gossple channel witch wasnt all that bad but it aloud me to stay home and see the game.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

"shockzilla" wrote:

I remember watching that game on TV. What was the cornerback's name again? I'm guessing he dosent have a career in football anymore, lol. Or you could all just prove me wrong and tell me it is like Brian Williams or something, lol :tongue:
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

I remember watching that game on TV. What was the cornerback's name again? I'm guessing he dosent have a career in football anymore, lol. Or you could all just prove me wrong and tell me it is like Brian Williams or something, lol :tongue:
    That was chris dishman i believe and hes a scrub. He no longer in the league. That game sucked too. I remember watching it and seeing the packers gettng a lucky win. :angryfire:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I remember trying to listen to the Vikes - Pittsburg superbowl while lying in my bunk in Germany but it was like 3 am and I kept drifting in and out of sleep waking up when the announcers got excited on a big play.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

What about in a stadium with Chuck Foreman... with Chuck cheering against the Vikings...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast