Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Unsupported Gossip

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I would be OK with a trade....just as long as it doesn't turn in to another Walker type deal!

Way true, Cajun!!! If it is a 3rd or 4th round pick not big deal, but if it is a 1st and 2nd, no way I make that deal.

Could have had Edgerin James or Shawn Alexander for a 2nd round pick.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    After the Redneck traded away the Cancer, Meathead doesn't know what to do and has already signed Alcoholic and now realizes he needs the Pothead to move the ball.

No, it's because our other pothead is suspended for a year, so we have to replace him.

pigskinronin is offline Starter

"OldManVike" wrote:
    This has GOT to be a joke. With so many running backs, why would we need another? Besides, I'm sure that Ricky "Ganga" Williams could not be considered by anyone to be reliable. I hope to God this remains a rumor.
    I agree it probably is a joke, but I wouldn't consider our two top backs quality RBs. Sure... our O-line has plenty to do with it, but we do need an upgraded rusher.

Possibly after seeing the rushing results after week 1, maybe the office is rethinking that they should have grabbed a FA RB in the off-season? I don't think anything will happen soon, but if continue to have no running attack --- maybe a trade will be made. Would love to see fason step up, but is he ready?

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    After the Redneck traded away the Cancer, Meathead doesn't know what to do and has already signed Alcoholic and now realizes he needs the Pothead to move the ball.

No, it's because our other pothead is suspended for a year, so we have to replace him.
    Oh yeah, I forgot. :lol:

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The problem isn't with the running backs! The problem is with the offensive line!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

If the Vikings want their starting RB to gain some yards it would help if they gave him the ball more than six times in a game. Just a crazy idea, but I bet it would help in his production.

"Prophet" wrote:
    If the Vikings want their starting RB to gain some yards it would help if they gave him the ball more than six times in a game. Just a crazy idea, but I bet it would help in his production.

When the back has 6 carries for -1 yard, I would not give him the ball again.

If he had proven himself in the lst 2 years, maybe he would get more chances. But I am tired of people thinking he is just going to start breaking 100 yard games when it has been so long I do not remember when he had his last one.

If they tried MEMO and gave him more runs, at least I could understand that or even Fason. But until Bennett proves something, I would not just keep giving him the ball if he does not produce!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

But he can't prove anything only getting the ball six times a game. It's hard to get into a rhythm only carrying it six times, unless you're a girl beating Larry Johnson who can carry it nine times for 110 yards and two scores.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

When the back has 6 carries for -1 yard, I would not give him the ball again.

If he had proven himself in the lst 2 years, maybe he would get more chances. But I am tired of people thinking he is just going to start breaking 100 yard games when it has been so long I do not remember when he had his last one.

If they tried MEMO and gave him more runs, at least I could understand that or even Fason. But until Bennett proves something, I would not just keep giving him the ball if he does not produce!
    That is not in defense of Bennett. It's a simple fact, Moe had six carries for 15 yds and Michael had 6 carries for -1 yds. The average touches for starting RBs on the winning teams was 22 in week 1. Regardless of who the RB is they need to get the ball if they are expected to perform.

if he had 6 carries for even 20 yards, keep trying. But he was doing nothing.

My favorite run he had was when he ran into back of a pile of 6 or 7 300 pound guys and waited there for somebody to tackle him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast