Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Would be crazy to go changing a QB after one game. Only question is at what point would you consider it if you were the head coach? Before your season is lost or after?
    Purple till i die

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    Why do you say that? How do you get the results he got by being garbage?
    He is 3rd on the depth chart behind Brady Quinn for Christ sakes! He is not, and will never be a successful NFL quarterback. He doesn't have the pro intangibles. This is like saying that Reggie Bush still has a chance to become an every down back in the NFL. It just won't happen. His college success is completely irrelevant. He was a college system quarterback. He couldn't even beat out a first round bust / journeyman back-up in Brady Quinn for the BACK-UP job. What makes you think he would be a better starter than Kyle Orton? I would honestly rather start Brady Quinn than Tim Tebow.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He knows the offense as far as much as he is going to from a textbook point of view. What he needs is the experience that comes from running it in actual games and seeing whether he can adjust to the speed and the adjustments he is going to face in a live game and he isn't getting that holding a clipboard.
    I disagree with this. He had a shortened offseason, and one game witnessing it from the sidelines in a real game experience. He still has a LOT to learn about the system.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Yeah I think putting Ponder in there right now would be disastrous. I'd rather see Webb get the nod if they decide to pull McNabb in a few weeks. Either way we're not going anywhere so why risk mentally f'ing Ponder? I don't think throwing him to the wolves before he's ready is going to help his career and based on little game action we saw from Ponder in preseason, the kid's just not ready. Not that that is reason for concern, he's still young, but doesn't look close to ready just yet.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    Yeah I think putting Ponder in there right now would be disastrous. I'd rather see Webb get the nod if they decide to pull McNabb in a few weeks. Either way we're not going anywhere so why risk mentally f'ing Ponder? I don't think throwing him to the wolves before he's ready is going to help his career and based on little game action we saw from Ponder in preseason, the kid's just not ready. Not that that is reason for concern, he's still young, but doesn't look close to ready just yet.
    +1

Putting Ponder in now would be a disaster, IF DNabb were pulled (which i dont think will happen) then Webb should get a shot... i was actually surprised Ponder got the #2 job, he was pretty dang bad in pre season, kid needs time, least 2 yrs if he is ever going to be our "franchise" qb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    Totally agree with this. Although I think we should stick with McNabb no matter what as long as he's healthy this season. My main concern with Ponder is his decision making. Which is crazy considering his great intelligence. For such a smart kid, he really makes some dumb decisions with the ball in his hands. He will definitely figure that out. But I don't agree with Floyd's hypothesis of "If he can ever play, he can play now".

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Totally agree with this. Although I think we should stick with McNabb no matter what as long as he's healthy this season. My main concern with Ponder is his decision making. Which is crazy considering his great intelligence. For such a smart kid, he really makes some dumb decisions with the ball in his hands. He will definitely figure that out. But I don't agree with Floyd's hypothesis of "If he can ever play, he can play now".
    Agree, good post MM

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    He is 3rd on the depth chart behind Brady Quinn for Christ sakes! He is not, and will never be a successful NFL quarterback. He doesn't have the pro intangibles. This is like saying that Reggie Bush still has a chance to become an every down back in the NFL. It just won't happen. His college success is completely irrelevant. He was a college system quarterback. He couldn't even beat out a first round bust / journeyman back-up in Brady Quinn for the BACK-UP job. What makes you think he would be a better starter than Kyle Orton? I would honestly rather start Brady Quinn than Tim Tebow.
    First of all calm down for crying out loud. I was just asking a question!!

Surely all college QBs are schemed for college? He couldn't beat out a guy with more experience? then why was he drafted at all or are you saying that the Pro coaches in Denver don't have a clue? We dont get the sort of college football coverage you do and you could be right about him I don't know, You just seem particularly vitriolic about Tebow for some reason.
    Purple till i die

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    First of all calm down for crying out loud. I was just asking a question!!

Surely all college QBs are schemed for college? He couldn't beat out a guy with more experience? then why was he drafted at all or are you saying that the Pro coaches in Denver don't have a clue? We dont get the sort of college football coverage you do and you could be right about him I don't know, You just seem particularly vitriolic about Tebow for some reason.
    It's nothing personal against Tebow. I just think Broncos fans looks really stupid. And now some of the Vikings fans are following suit with McNabb. I don't want Vikings fans to start looking like Broncos fans.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It's nothing personal against Tebow. I just think Broncos fans looks really stupid. And now some of the Vikings fans are following suit with McNabb. I don't want Vikings fans to start looking like Broncos fans.
    Yeah, when I was all of 21 I saw things a lot differently too. Time has a way of changing your perspective..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast