Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Holy fucking shit are we really doing this already. I honestly thought we were better than that.

We're not dolphins or Broncos fans, so stop acting like it.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Holy fucking shit are we really doing this already. I honestly thought we were better than that.

We're not dolphins or Broncos fans, so stop acting like it.
    + A million!

These Broncos fans are driving me crazy. I'm not a Kyle Orton fan, but Tim Tebow is garbage. And their fans sound retarded. I'm not comparing Ponder and Tebow, but we need to let the kid develop. Throwing him to the wolves with this O-Line would RUIN him! Let McNabb take the hits while Ponder learns the offense. IBP hit the nail on the head with this one. This stuff has to stop. We are better than that.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Sounds like everyone is pretty much in line on this, regardless of personal opinions of McNabb.

I'm there too. It is much too early to consider benching him after only one game.

But IMO replacing him with Ponder will depend a lot more on the kid than on the veteran. The team will need to decide whether he is actually ready to go. If not, and if McNabb gets benched, then I would expect us to see Webb in there before Ponder, unless it is late in the season and we're out of the mix.

Since I consider this season to be a "ride it out and work for next year" kind of thing, I'd prefer to stick with Donovan until and unless he proves he has nothing at all left to give us. That'll take at least a few weeks, AFAIC.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I don't see any point in Webb getting reps at all. I am fine with him being a back-up after McNabb is off the roster. But for now, I want to see McNabb get all the reps, followed by Ponder. I would like Webb as an emergency only type player. And for Wildcat packages (when they are appropriate!).

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I don't see any point in Webb getting reps at all. I am fine with him being a back-up after McNabb is off the roster. But for now, I want to see McNabb get all the reps, followed by Ponder. I would like Webb as an emergency only type player. And for Wildcat packages (when they are appropriate!).
    I don't entirely disagree, but again, I think it depends more on Ponder and whether he is ready than it does on either McNabb or Webb.

If the team decides that he is good to go, then I am fine with putting him in, but if not, I'd prefer that he wait until our playoff hopes are gone. (Not that I have much hope anyway, but it's a math thing.)

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    + A million!

These Broncos fans are driving me crazy. I'm not a Kyle Orton fan, but Tim Tebow is garbage. And their fans sound retarded.
    Tebow fans are going to be severely disappointed again. If & when they do decide to replace Orton, Quinn, not Tebow is 2nd on the depth chart & will be the starter.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    Sounds like everyone is pretty much in line on this, regardless of personal opinions of McNabb.

I'm there too. It is much too early to consider benching him after only one game.
    Yup here on PP.O, two games into the season works for most.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES View Post
    Some people say the glass is half empty, while others look at it as always needing a refill.

Relax.
    And some say it's twice as large as it needs to be
    Purple till i die

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    + A million!

These Broncos fans are driving me crazy. I'm not a Kyle Orton fan, but Tim Tebow is garbage. And their fans sound retarded. I'm not comparing Ponder and Tebow, but we need to let the kid develop. Throwing him to the wolves with this O-Line would RUIN him! Let McNabb take the hits while Ponder learns the offense. IBP hit the nail on the head with this one. This stuff has to stop. We are better than that.
    Why do you say that? How do you get the results he got by being garbage?
    Purple till i die

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We need to give Ponder a year to learn the offense. Regardless of how well Donovan plays. And we need to get him a blindside protector in the next draft. With a stud LT and a year of the offense under his belt, Christian will have a much better chance of succeeding as our franchise QB.
    He knows the offense as far as much as he is going to from a textbook point of view. What he needs is the experience that comes from running it in actual games and seeing whether he can adjust to the speed and the adjustments he is going to face in a live game and he isn't getting that holding a clipboard.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast