Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Unofficial NEGATIVE thread...

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    Darren Bennett is the Favre of punters? I mean he doesn't know when to retire, that's it. First punt 29 yards, than Dorsh hit a 29, but he was placing it on the 8. Bennett hits a 40 but due to a penalty he has to rekick and can only get 34 yards out of his now tired leg.

If Bennett isn't gone by the regular season start can somebody ram him with a shopping cart or say drop a bowling ball on his foot, just a small oops, please.
    I agree. Darren Bennett just can't punt. I mean I can kick a ball farther than 29 yards. And its not like it was just one bad kick. He does it consistantly. Last year he only averaged like 35 yards a punt or something like than.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I am still worried about the WR position. seeing Mike Williams playing for detroit made me think that we should have drafted him instead of that butterfiner Troy Williamson. Dude was like a man playing among kids.
    Yeah, against 3rd and fourth string CB's though...We haven't even seen Troy in a pre-season game yet.

brandsp is offline Rookie

Tice's worst move as a coach was letting Mitch Berger fo his 1st year. He can kick off and is a Pro Bowl punter for the Saints.

"brandsp" wrote:
    Tice's worst move as a coach was letting Mitch Berger fo his 1st year. He can kick off and is a Pro Bowl punter for the Saints.
    You just had to metion that :evil:

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I guess I was disappointed in the offensive line -- yup, you read it right OFFENSIVE! When Bennett can't get more than a yard a carry playing with the first time somethings wrong with that offensive line or Bennett is afraid to get hurt again.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Nothing is wrong with the O line. Everyone else seemed to do just fine with the O line. We've been through this over and over again on this site. 5 yards on 4 carries. Everyone else had 5 or 6 carries and they had 50+ yards. The man doesn't see the holes. I was hoping he would prove me worng and shut me up but last night's performance really has me worried if he's going to start.

As far as the other Bennett, he needs to retire. They guy just can't punt. Dorsch did a much better job. Does anyone know if Dorsch can kick off?

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I guess I was disappointed in the offensive line -- yup, you read it right OFFENSIVE! When Bennett can't get more than a yard a carry playing with the first time somethings wrong with that offensive line or Bennett is afraid to get hurt again.
    And Daunte was scrambling around a lot. The td pass to Burleson he had to make that play by himself because he was under pressure.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

well, I didn't see the game.
    I did, however, see the outcome.
    Pretty high-scoring game, lads/lasses!!!
    Wow! Vikings' offense still has it!!!!
    Now, there was a little something disturbing about the result: Chiefs scored 16 on what I thought was a VERY GOOD defense coming into the season.
    Viking lovers, would the fact that -aware that this is ONLY a preseason game...starters didn't play entire game-your defense (the one that has been talked about over the last months, as being probably the most improved/scariest in the league) allowed that many points?
    I mean, come on, my boys in Green Bay have undoubtly one of the worst defenses ever known to mankind, and yet, they only allowed a TD, and the TD was not scored on our first team defense (if i'm correct), but on the back ups.
    Now, i'm aware that the Packers have been getting much praise over the years...optimisim that they'd actually return to the super bowl, etc. In all of these past seasons, they've collapsed! Now, all of a sudden, people are exclaiming that they're more worst than before...lucky if they win 6 games.
    What if -due to the fact that everyone appears to be triple doubting them (including myself, sadly)-they turn out to be the suprise/most improved/super bowl bound team in the NFL?!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

"bono" wrote:
    well, I didn't see the game.
    I did, however, see the outcome.
    Pretty high-scoring game, lads/lasses!!!
    Wow! Vikings' offense still has it!!!!
    Now, there was a little something disturbing about the result: Chiefs scored 16 on what I thought was a VERY GOOD defense coming into the season.
    Viking lovers, would the fact that -aware that this is ONLY a preseason game...starters didn't play entire game-your defense (the one that has been talked about over the last months, as being probably the most improved/scariest in the league) allowed that many points?
    I mean, come on, my boys in Green Bay have undoubtly one of the worst defenses ever known to mankind, and yet, they only allowed a TD, and the TD was not scored on our first team defense (if i'm correct), but on the back ups.
    Now, i'm aware that the Packers have been getting much praise over the years...optimisim that they'd actually return to the super bowl, etc. In all of these past seasons, they've collapsed! Now, all of a sudden, people are exclaiming that they're more worst than before...lucky if they win 6 games.
    What if -due to the fact that everyone appears to be triple doubting them (including myself, sadly)-they turn out to be the suprise/most improved/super bowl bound team in the NFL?!
    Chiefs only scored three points during the first half (which is when our starters were out there) second half in come the subs and we gave up a few plays.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

thanks for the heads up, akvikefan!
    I wasn't aware of how/when chiefs scored.
    Well, now, that doesn't sound bad at all. Good job, Viking defense!
    Almost came close to where my Packer defense was a night earlier: allowed zero points!!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast