Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Unnamed Opponent Slams McKinnie, Other Vikings

The Sporting News is busy counting down to training camp by breaking down each roster and trying to provide a unique preview of sorts.

For example, middle linebacker Jasper Brinkley has their vote for breakout player of the year for the purple and gold. Also, they predict that without Favre there is virtually no chance of the Vikings playing in February.

The most interesting portion of the story, however, is under the “Opponent’s View” section. In this section, an unnamed opponent gives his take on the Vikings and it isn’t pretty:
    Unnamed Opponent Slams McKinnie, Other Vikings
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re:Unnamed Opponent Slams McKinnie, Other Vikings

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

You know what, their offensive line is not that good. They’re way overrated. It’s unbelievable. If they didn’t have Brett Favre, the number of times he gets them out of trouble is amazing. Left tackle Bryant McKinnie, it’s a joke that he made the Pro Bowl. A joke. …

“They have excellent speed at receiver. They have good balance at tight end—Visanthe Shiancoe can make big plays down the field, and Jimmy Kleinsasser isn’t what he used to be but still gives you a good day’s work. Jeff Dugan is solid. … Adrian Peterson is a little bit feast or famine. I think it will hurt them that they lost Chester Taylor because that was an excellent 1-2 punch. …

“Defensively, they’re solid. They do a good job stopping the run, and they get after the quarterback. Ray Edwards is a good player; Jared Allen is an excellent pass rusher. But Kevin Williams, he’s the best guy they have up front. At linebacker, I don’t know what’s going to happen with E.J. Henderson and his injury. Chad Greenway is a playmaker. …

“In the secondary, Antoine Winfield is a tough, physical tackler and by far their best guy back there. They don’t have a weak defense, but the lowest part of their defense is their secondary. That’s not to say they’re bad. I just don’t think they’re at the same level as the front.”
    That seems 100% accurate to me

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    You know what, their offensive line is not that good. They’re way overrated. It’s unbelievable. If they didn’t have Brett Favre, the number of times he gets them out of trouble is amazing. Left tackle Bryant McKinnie, it’s a joke that he made the Pro Bowl. A joke. …

“They have excellent speed at receiver. They have good balance at tight end—Visanthe Shiancoe can make big plays down the field, and Jimmy Kleinsasser isn’t what he used to be but still gives you a good day’s work. Jeff Dugan is solid. … Adrian Peterson is a little bit feast or famine. I think it will hurt them that they lost Chester Taylor because that was an excellent 1-2 punch. …

“Defensively, they’re solid. They do a good job stopping the run, and they get after the quarterback. Ray Edwards is a good player; Jared Allen is an excellent pass rusher. But Kevin Williams, he’s the best guy they have up front. At linebacker, I don’t know what’s going to happen with E.J. Henderson and his injury. Chad Greenway is a playmaker. …

“In the secondary, Antoine Winfield is a tough, physical tackler and by far their best guy back there. They don’t have a weak defense, but the lowest part of their defense is their secondary. That’s not to say they’re bad. I just don’t think they’re at the same level as the front.”
    Yup! Favre bailed them out last year and he will do it this year. It is sad that some don't see the huge difference between him and TJ.

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Other than maybe the Winfield comment about being the best guy back there along with the Chester Taylor loss will hurt us comment, yes, I agree.

marstc09 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Yup! Favre bailed them out last year and he will do it this year. It is sad that some don't see the huge difference between him and TJ.
    I think some see the difference, just a few of those some feel that this team can win without him, just like we lost with him.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

HAHAHAHA

Fragile Freds
    June 22nd, 2010 at 9:58 pm

This source sounds like the same one that said AP insisted on keeping Tahi.

Sporting News has really gone in the tank. Great, an unnamed opponent.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Other than maybe the Winfield comment about being the best guy back there along with the Chester Taylor loss will hurt us comment, yes, I agree.
    So you think that TJ, MW and Sheppard are better than Winny?

Based on what? (Last I checked, Griffen wasn't back there, and isn't expected to be)

i_bleed_purple wrote:

I think it is spot on as well.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

So you think that TJ, MW and Sheppard are better than Winny?

Based on what? (Last I checked, Griffen wasn't back there, and isn't expected to be)
    Last time I checked, Whinny isn't either.

As to the crop, I was talking about Griff so you make a good point. As I think about it now that you made that point, I think Lito is better. Sapp and AA seemed to fit in well last year, especially in the pass protection area.

I will give you run support in Whinny lane, but again, I want my CB to pass defend first, help in the run second.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast