The unknown quantity

There is alot of buzz in the purple atmosphere right now, and to be honest I find alot of it interesting. One thing that still lingers for me like smelly socks is the gaping hole in our team.
    We have major improving to do on special teams. I'm not saying it's dire straits, but I think that the way things are lining up for us and the lack of play on our special teams worrys me. We could be on the pinnacle of going the distance, but the weak link being special teams and possibly the quarterback position.Farve, no farve. Sage or T jack? Let's say everything else falls into place but our special teams. What then? It's not like we go a new coach or drastically good talent to fill in the missing pieces. Same everything for the most part. I can see us in the NFC championship game, and some return guy rips one off for a score. Maybe twice, or maybe three times. I don't know fellas, I'm excited for the new season,
    but I got that sinking feeling in my gut about our lingering problems.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The unknown quantity

We had a change in the ST coaching staff and hopefully they coverage will be better so we don't have any reggie bush moments.

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    We had a change in the ST coaching staff and hopefully they coverage will be better so we don't have any reggie bush moments.
    Farwell will be back as well...he is by far the center piece of ST.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    There is alot of buzz in the purple atmosphere right now, and to be honest I find alot of it interesting. One thing that still lingers for me like smelly socks is the gaping hole in our team.
    We have major improving to do on special teams. I'm not saying it's dire straits, but I think that the way things are lining up for us and the lack of play on our special teams worrys me. We could be on the pinnacle of going the distance, but the weak link being special teams and possibly the quarterback position.Farve, no farve. Sage or T jack? Let's say everything else falls into place but our special teams. What then? It's not like we go a new coach or drastically good talent to fill in the missing pieces. Same everything for the most part. I can see us in the NFC championship game, and some return guy rips one off for a score. Maybe twice, or maybe three times. I don't know fellas, I'm excited for the new season,
    but I got that sinking feeling in my gut about our lingering problems.
    I tell you guys this all the time. Missing Farwell and Ej hurt our special teams. We lost about 3 special teams players due to injury and some more were moved up to be starters. Chemistry is important onST as well. You can't just throw anyone in there and not expect some drop off. With all the changes and injuries the ST had, you have to be a bit easy on them. Yes we sucked but we will be tremendouly better.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I think last year was a anomoly, and we will be better at coverage with the return of Heath, Gordon, the drafting of Asher Allen, addition of Payman. But the biggest improvement will be our return average. G. Holt on kickoffs, Harvin/Gordon on punts. If in desperation, you put Berrian on a occasional punt return, our
    AP back for a kickoff giving us some explosiveness. We have improved the talent on the bottom of our roster, and it will show on ST's.

Crunchem is offline Rookie

They should be better but worries me is the league is not going to allow the wedge anymore right?
    So that means they have to learn something a new scheme right?
    Then again as bad as they were last year maybe they were already getting used to the new scheme.
    Lets go fishing