Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    [quote author=Top_Speed link=topic=26247.msg455388#msg455388 date=1156173184]
    Seen it a few times (both TV games), I think it's nothing.

Like the away uni's with purple pants also. The strip on the side of the pants is a bit strange however, guess I'll get used to it. Black shoes make them look slow however.

--Speed

I think the stripe on the side of the pants is a Viking horn -- a styalized version of the horns on the helmet.
    I think so too. Looking at the photo below, I think the area around the shoulder is also horn-like. This photo gave me a newfound appreciation for the new uniforms, at least the away suits:

The dark pants with the white horn or whatever it is looks all right.
    But the white pants with the little blue horn looks strange.
    Why don't they just drop the horn on the white pants and put a gold stripe down the seam?
    And also widen the color gold for contrast?

I think we are stuck with them for either 3 years or 5 years, I can't remember off the top of my head but the league only allows teams to change their uni's every few years.
    I don't think that is true. The Patriots have made several small changes to their uniforms over the last three years, and several teams have been coming out with alternate jerseys left and right. I think a small change to the uniforms in the next two years is very possible. I mean what is so wrong with having a gold stripe all the way down?

I'm still going to buy an away Williamson when I get the chance.
    [/quote]

You are allowed to have a throw back jersey and a an alternate jersey (most are black) for each year but you can change your overall design only every 3 or 5 years.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    [quote author=COJOMAY link=topic=26247.msg455490#msg455490 date=1156180573]
    [quote author=Top_Speed link=topic=26247.msg455388#msg455388 date=1156173184]
    Seen it a few times (both TV games), I think it's nothing.

Like the away uni's with purple pants also. The strip on the side of the pants is a bit strange however, guess I'll get used to it. Black shoes make them look slow however.

--Speed

I think the stripe on the side of the pants is a Viking horn -- a styalized version of the horns on the helmet.
    I think so too. Looking at the photo below, I think the area around the shoulder is also horn-like. This photo gave me a newfound appreciation for the new uniforms, at least the away suits:

The dark pants with the white horn or whatever it is looks all right.
    But the white pants with the little blue horn looks strange.
    Why don't they just drop the horn on the white pants and put a gold stripe down the seam?
    And also widen the color gold for contrast?

I think we are stuck with them for either 3 years or 5 years, I can't remember off the top of my head but the league only allows teams to change their uni's every few years.
    I don't think that is true. The Patriots have made several small changes to their uniforms over the last three years, and several teams have been coming out with alternate jerseys left and right. I think a small change to the uniforms in the next two years is very possible. I mean what is so wrong with having a gold stripe all the way down?

I'm still going to buy an away Williamson when I get the chance.
    [/quote]

You are allowed to have a throw back jersey and a an alternate jersey (most are black) for each year but you can change your overall design only every 3 or 5 years.
    [/quote]

It wouldn't be an overally jersey change, it would just be a minor change of color or design. Do you have this rule in writing?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123