Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    TeamSoftware is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    77

    Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    Is it me, or do the new uniforms seem to have a week collar?

    In the 2 pre-season games, it seems like the players are always trying to fix the collars of the uniforms that have been pulled over the shoulder pads. I did not remember noticing it this much in the past, and the other teams do not seem to have this problem as much as the Vikings do. I mean I have seen it happen, but the frequency this year seems more.

  2. #2
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    "TeamSoftware" wrote:
    Is it me, or do the new uniforms seem to have a week collar?

    In the 2 pre-season games, it seems like the players are always trying to fix the collars of the uniforms that have been pulled over the shoulder pads. I did not remember noticing it this much in the past, and the other teams do not seem to have this problem as much as the Vikings do. I mean I have seen it happen, but the frequency this year seems more.

    You are not the only one that has noticed, it seems that on every play somebodies shoulder pad is hanging out the top.


    On a side note (I am not a fan of the new uni's) but I really liked the purple pants on the road.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  3. #3
    Top_Speed's Avatar
    Top_Speed is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    266

    Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    Seen it a few times (both TV games), I think it's nothing.

    Like the away uni's with purple pants also. The strip on the side of the pants is a bit strange however, guess I'll get used to it. Black shoes make them look slow however.

    --Speed
    Home Sweet Dome...

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    I hadn't noticed, but now that you mention it, I do remember a lot of players with the shoulder pad out.Hope that doens't get too annoying for them.

    I wasn't sure how the purple pants would look on the road, but after seeing them I decided that I love the away unis.
    I think they look sharp.
    I wish I could see them in person though... they looked too blue on TV, althought I know that is more of an issue with digitizing the color for broadcast.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    Json is offline GM
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    The new Uni's are pimpin.
    I love them and can't wait to purchase my D. Sharper Jersey here in the near future.
    Being that we just had our first child money is tight.

  6. #6
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    "Json" wrote:
    The new Uni's are pimpin.
    I love them and can't wait to purchase my D. Sharper Jersey here in the near future.
    Being that we just had our first child money is tight.
    The baby doesn't really need any clothes their first year.
    Buy the jersey.
    8)

  7. #7
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    "Top_Speed" wrote:
    Seen it a few times (both TV games), I think it's nothing.

    Like the away uni's with purple pants also. The strip on the side of the pants is a bit strange however, guess I'll get used to it. Black shoes make them look slow however.

    --Speed
    I think the stripe on the side of the pants is a Viking horn -- a styalized version of the horns on the helmet.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #8
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Top_Speed" wrote:
    Seen it a few times (both TV games), I think it's nothing.

    Like the away uni's with purple pants also. The strip on the side of the pants is a bit strange however, guess I'll get used to it. Black shoes make them look slow however.

    --Speed
    I think the stripe on the side of the pants is a Viking horn -- a styalized version of the horns on the helmet.

    You are correct sir!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  9. #9
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    The new Uni's are pimpin.
    I love them and can't wait to purchase my D. Sharper Jersey here in the near future.
    Being that we just had our first child money is tight.
    The baby doesn't really need any clothes their first year.
    Buy the jersey.
    8)
    yeah who cares about the kid. support the team is more important than supporting a child
    We're bringing purple back.

  10. #10
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    444

    Re: Uniforms, not the styling but the functionality.

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Top_Speed" wrote:
    Seen it a few times (both TV games), I think it's nothing.

    Like the away uni's with purple pants also. The strip on the side of the pants is a bit strange however, guess I'll get used to it. Black shoes make them look slow however.

    --Speed
    I think the stripe on the side of the pants is a Viking horn -- a styalized version of the horns on the helmet.
    I think so too. Looking at the photo below, I think the area around the shoulder is also horn-like. This photo gave me a newfound appreciation for the new uniforms, at least the away suits:



    [img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/harris.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new uniforms
    By vikingsR#1 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 08:31 PM
  2. What do you think of the new uniforms?
    By theman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 05:13 PM
  3. Uniforms....
    By Bdubya in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 12:31 PM
  4. New Uniforms
    By bmbollig in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 08:13 PM
  5. Best looking Uniforms
    By vikings_fan66 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 04:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •