Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Uniforms

When you think about it, a lot of the NFC North teams have...how shall I say it...kind of odd color schemes? I mean, green and yellow, purple and yellow, and blue and orange?

But you guys are right...black and green, black and purple, and black and blue would all look really cool. But then, so much for tradition! :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Uniforms

"vikingsalltheway" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    We kind of discussed this in the Clubhouse forum. I think that NFC NOrth teams aren't really going to make any major changes to their uniforms (unless, of course, they get moved to LA).

When you consider than Minnesota is actually the youngest team in the division (what, 1960ish?), part of the pride of the NFC North is our old-school, Black and Blue Division history.

Other, usually newer teams, try and change the unis to overcome losing records and for marketing (Cincinnati in 1981, the Seahawks, Bills, even the Jets). I think it would be great to have a modern uniform for a special week, like the throwback uniform weeks, but as boring as our divisional uniforms are, I don't think I'd want to see any of them change.

Nobody asked you fudgepacker.

Vikesalltheway, that was really rude!!!

Los isn't a troll and that was uncalled for!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

worgl is offline Waterboy

NFC North Unis

One of the things that I love about the NFC north teams is the tradition and the classic-style uniforms. Personally, I don't like it when teams change around their look every three years or so or when they radically redesign their team look and logo like the Pats and Bucs did (although the old Bucs look was putrid).

IMHO, a good helmet logo is either simple and stylish (one that a eight-year old fan can draw within reason) or one that has a lot of tradition behind it--preferably both.

I love the Vikings look--clean and to the point. I hope it doesn't change, especially the purple jerseys. Can't wait to see them next week!

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

Uniforms

Leave the uniforms like they are. They are sharp and when you go changing them, they always end up looking worse.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

Uniforms

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    When you think about it, a lot of the NFC North teams have...how shall I say it...kind of odd color schemes? I mean, green and yellow, purple and yellow, and blue and orange?

But you guys are right...black and green, black and purple, and black and blue would all look really cool. But then, so much for tradition! :-)
    There not really that odd of color schemes... purple and yellow are complementary colors and the same goes for blue and orange.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Uniforms

"vikings_fan66" wrote:

There not really that odd of color schemes... purple and yellow are complementary colors and the same goes for blue and orange.
    Do you work on "Trading Spaces" or something?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Uniforms

lol....no I took a few art classes and we had to know complementary colors ect.

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Uniforms

PURPLE AND GOLD FOREVER!!!

worgl is offline Waterboy

Uniforms

Red and green are complementary colors, too, but red on green or orange on any blue that isn't as dark as the Bears' shade looks like crap. My middle school colors were royal blue and orange and I'm sure it was a leading contributor to many a migraine. Purple and gold look great, though!

gpete13 is offline Starter

Uniforms

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    as long as they dont make them look bad like other new ones

like the bengals,bills and seahawks

I like those new uniforms. Come to think of it I usually like the alternate/new uniforms. Its nice to make changes every now and then. I would like to see an all black uniform with purple and gold trim. Black being my favorite color, then purple, so I am a little bias.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast