Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

uniform question

Hey guys, Im a little confused. When i went to vikings.com, I noticed that everyone was wearing the new white jerseys with the purple pants. I also noticed that in the picture that Greenway's receiving his new jersey, its white. Could this mean that we are wearing white at home, sort of like the cowboys?
    When I noticed this, I started pondering, and i noticed this would actually be quite effective. The purple at the metrodome always looks blue, and if they were wearing white, there would be no problem.
    I myself, feel that the white jerseys look better, but I'm not quite sure if the vikes would do this.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: uniform question

idk but I do like the purple pants though :smile:

"mrpurplewholikespurpleyea" wrote:
    Hey guys, Im a little confused. When i went to vikings.com, I noticed that everyone was wearing the new white jerseys with the purple pants. I also noticed that in the picture that Greenway's receiving his new jersey, its white. Could this mean that we are wearing white at home, sort of like the cowboys?
    When I noticed this, I started pondering, and i noticed this would actually be quite effective. The purple at the metrodome always looks blue, and if they were wearing white, there would be no problem.
    I myself, feel that the white jerseys look better, but I'm not quite sure if the vikes would do this.
    Not at all....

It's just coincidence......NOTHING more......
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

For the first time since, well, ever we noticed that the prospects who were present for the draft festivities in New York were given white ceremonial jerseys after getting picked.

Why white? More white equals more green. For the league, that is.

Most fans that buy jerseys opt for the dark versions -- especially fans of the teams in Houston and New Orleans and Tennessee and New York and San Fran and Arizona. So why not grow the revenues by getting folks to supplement their NFL wardrobes with a white version of their favorite teams colors?

It was a subtle point, but we're certain that the overriding goal was to pump more profits into the pockets of the owners.

Since we're never subtle, we'd suggest this approach instead: "Buy your favorite team's road jersey. It now costs less than a tank of gas."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Yeah, i ws wondering about that too
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The white are the road jerseys.

"vikings.com" wrote:
    The home jerseys, showcased by Matt Birk, Pat Williams and Troy Williamson, consisted of purple tops with white bottoms -- the traditional color combination fans are accustomed to seeing. However, the design of the jersey is slightly different, as a white stripe streaks down either sides of the tops. The jerseys feature white lettering and numbering with gold trim. The road jerseys, modeled by Pat Williams and Jermaine Wiggins, consist of the traditional white tops, but brand new purple pants. There is a purple stripe down the sides of the tops, and the jerseys feature purple lettering and numbering with gold trim.
    I agree with mnjamie, it might be a promotional thing. I also think the road jerseys look better... fresher. Might be an image thing for Zygi too.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

My guess is that the pics on the viking website have the players wearing purple pants because it is something new now. We have seen the white pants for so long now, that maybe they thought showing the purple pants might be more appealing to some.. Just a guess..

ProjectViking is offline Waterboy

Also for the website having purple jerseys on purple background will not stand out as much.

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

when will we be wearing our purple pants. with the purple jerseys or only the white jerseys. and white pants with the purple jerseys or white jerseys.
    i wanna know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast