Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 174

Thread: Unfair Refs?!

  1. #101
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    "RefsHateSaints" wrote:
    ....And let me tell you, if you Vikes fans think you've had it tough with refs, you have never been a Saints fan.
    Trust me.
    When Saints fans see this, we are not surprised.
    No, we expect it.
    It's just another game day.
    Is it really likely that the Vikes didn't hold once all game?
    Or commit one defensive holding or illegal contact or anything.
    I'm just saying we are the most screwed franchise in NFL history.
    No doubt.

    I'd bet the farm on it.
    The officiating excuse is always lame.
    I wish they had better official, fulltime.

    I'm a season ticket holder for the Saints because i live relatively close and have followed them as my second team since the 70s.
    I would agree that they are cursed, but, i would also agree that there is no other team that has a more loyal fan base.
    They have no glory days to fall back on and still stand by their team.
    I have respect for Saints fans, I wish the Vikings fan base wasn't so fragile when it comes to following the team during lean years.
    Most fan bases can learn a lot about how to be a fan from a Saints fan.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    "RefsHateSaints" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "packhawk04" wrote:
    After last night's game, this thread can be shut down.

    "Even though the runner's knee was not down when the ball started to come out, it is not a fumble"

    That is my favorite official's line. Ed Hoculi is embarrassing himself.


    Wow.. He also said he had control of it with his hand, which is having control of the ball.. So no he didn't make an idiot out of himself.. And im sure all the league reps will agree with this call.. It really could have gone in either way but it wasn't a fumble

    And they called a very good game.. We had 7 peneltys and Saints had 11.. If they didn't keep jumping offsides and holding it wouldn't have been an issue

    The only bad call was the non call on the facemask.. They didn't see it.. It happens.. We all have had non calls like this

    The NFL needs to incorperate something that will allow refs to relook at plays to get penelties right
    Saints fan with a response:

    1. Lance Moore tackled in endzone, no interference.
    Game tape that one.
    Luckily, Saints still score a TD.
    But OK, I'll let that one go, but...
    2. Bogus holding call on Karney on Reggie's big 3rd down run - should've been first and goal at 5 yd line.
    Instead we settle for FG, leads to blocked FG (Saints fault, but "but for" the bogus call, there is no FG).
    3. The facemask fumble was blatantly blown.
    How can a pro crew miss that?
    Everything should be challengable.
    Everything.
    I'm sick of "judgment" calls killing games to save the pride of refs.
    4. Peterson lost control ... but didn't fumble.
    Right.
    And way to blow that whistle late late late ... in the middle of big (Saints) return.
    5. There is no neutral zone infraction when o-line jumps.
    He was on same side!
    Amazing.
    6. Ball clearly hits ground, but Payton has to challenge.
    No one thought that was a catch - but the refs.
    7. I'm sure I'm missing something.
    Too many to remember.

    How is it that all of this goes against one team?
    Could it be that the Patriots get the benefit of the doubt on calls because they are so great and the Saints get the opposite because, well, 40+ years of being losers.
    That's unprofessional, but if Hochuli denies it is either disengenuous or lacking self-awareness.
    you tell me.

    And let me tell you, if you Vikes fans think you've had it tough with refs, you have never been a Saints fan.
    Trust me.
    When Saints fans see this, we are not surprised.
    No, we expect it.
    It's just another game day.
    Is it really likely that the Vikes didn't hold once all game?
    Or commit one defensive holding or illegal contact or anything.
    I'm just saying we are the most screwed franchise in NFL history.
    No doubt.

    I'd bet the farm on it.
    funny you say that cuz i was saying last night that the only other team to get screwed as much as the vikings is the saints. trust me i feel you but i cant say im mad that a few things went are way

  3. #103
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    [size=30pt]=[/size]

  4. #104
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    "RefsHateSaints" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "packhawk04" wrote:
    After last night's game, this thread can be shut down.

    "Even though the runner's knee was not down when the ball started to come out, it is not a fumble"

    That is my favorite official's line. Ed Hoculi is embarrassing himself.


    Wow.. He also said he had control of it with his hand, which is having control of the ball.. So no he didn't make an idiot out of himself.. And im sure all the league reps will agree with this call.. It really could have gone in either way but it wasn't a fumble

    And they called a very good game.. We had 7 peneltys and Saints had 11.. If they didn't keep jumping offsides and holding it wouldn't have been an issue

    The only bad call was the non call on the facemask.. They didn't see it.. It happens.. We all have had non calls like this

    The NFL needs to incorperate something that will allow refs to relook at plays to get penelties right
    Saints fan with a response:

    1. Lance Moore tackled in endzone, no interference.
    Game tape that one.
    Luckily, Saints still score a TD.
    But OK, I'll let that one go, but...
    2. Bogus holding call on Karney on Reggie's big 3rd down run - should've been first and goal at 5 yd line.
    Instead we settle for FG, leads to blocked FG (Saints fault, but "but for" the bogus call, there is no FG).
    3. The facemask fumble was blatantly blown.
    How can a pro crew miss that?
    Everything should be challengable.
    Everything.
    I'm sick of "judgment" calls killing games to save the pride of refs.
    4. Peterson lost control ... but didn't fumble.
    Right.
    And way to blow that whistle late late late ... in the middle of big (Saints) return.
    5. There is no neutral zone infraction when o-line jumps.
    He was on same side!
    Amazing.
    6. Ball clearly hits ground, but Payton has to challenge.
    No one thought that was a catch - but the refs.
    7. I'm sure I'm missing something.
    Too many to remember.

    How is it that all of this goes against one team?
    Could it be that the Patriots get the benefit of the doubt on calls because they are so great and the Saints get the opposite because, well, 40+ years of being losers.
    That's unprofessional, but if Hochuli denies it is either disengenuous or lacking self-awareness.
    you tell me.

    And let me tell you, if you Vikes fans think you've had it tough with refs, you have never been a Saints fan.
    Trust me.
    When Saints fans see this, we are not surprised.
    No, we expect it.
    It's just another game day.
    Is it really likely that the Vikes didn't hold once all game?
    Or commit one defensive holding or illegal contact or anything.
    I'm just saying we are the most screwed franchise in NFL history.
    No doubt.

    I'd bet the farm on it.
    The only reason the Viking fans are surprised is because we are used to being the ones losing games in large part to screw ups on the refs part.
    If I didn't know any better, I'd think the refs confused which colors each team wore.
    The Saints looked like the Vikings on any other Sunday (Monday)...both with stupid penalties and bad officiating.

    Now I know how the teams that beat us feel like...pretty fucking good.
    A win is a win.
    I just need to remind myself that in the next couple weeks when the piss poor officiating takes a bite out of our ass again.

  5. #105
    shortmon's Avatar
    shortmon is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    60

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    /Tinfoil hat on\
    I'm fairly sure that the entire zebra nation is out to get the Vikings.
    They either hate us (the vikings) or they are all betting on the games and have to use their power to control the amount of money they collect on Tuesday mornings.
    /Tinfoil hat off\

    Or it could be that they just like you, they make mistakes, It is just that your mistakes are not nationally televised to millions of people, and rewound and replayed while the douchbags from ESPN or John madden and his wife announce how badly you screwed up. When your loosing the game the poor calls or perceived poor calls look worse than when you are winning.

  6. #106
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "RefsHateSaints" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "packhawk04" wrote:
    After last night's game, this thread can be shut down.

    "Even though the runner's knee was not down when the ball started to come out, it is not a fumble"

    That is my favorite official's line. Ed Hoculi is embarrassing himself.


    Wow.. He also said he had control of it with his hand, which is having control of the ball.. So no he didn't make an idiot out of himself.. And im sure all the league reps will agree with this call.. It really could have gone in either way but it wasn't a fumble

    And they called a very good game.. We had 7 peneltys and Saints had 11.. If they didn't keep jumping offsides and holding it wouldn't have been an issue

    The only bad call was the non call on the facemask.. They didn't see it.. It happens.. We all have had non calls like this

    The NFL needs to incorperate something that will allow refs to relook at plays to get penelties right
    Saints fan with a response:

    1. Lance Moore tackled in endzone, no interference.
    Game tape that one.
    Luckily, Saints still score a TD.
    But OK, I'll let that one go, but...
    2. Bogus holding call on Karney on Reggie's big 3rd down run - should've been first and goal at 5 yd line.
    Instead we settle for FG, leads to blocked FG (Saints fault, but "but for" the bogus call, there is no FG).
    3. The facemask fumble was blatantly blown.
    How can a pro crew miss that?
    Everything should be challengable.
    Everything.
    I'm sick of "judgment" calls killing games to save the pride of refs.
    4. Peterson lost control ... but didn't fumble.
    Right.
    And way to blow that whistle late late late ... in the middle of big (Saints) return.
    5. There is no neutral zone infraction when o-line jumps.
    He was on same side!
    Amazing.
    6. Ball clearly hits ground, but Payton has to challenge.
    No one thought that was a catch - but the refs.
    7. I'm sure I'm missing something.
    Too many to remember.

    How is it that all of this goes against one team?
    Could it be that the Patriots get the benefit of the doubt on calls because they are so great and the Saints get the opposite because, well, 40+ years of being losers.
    That's unprofessional, but if Hochuli denies it is either disengenuous or lacking self-awareness.
    you tell me.

    And let me tell you, if you Vikes fans think you've had it tough with refs, you have never been a Saints fan.
    Trust me.
    When Saints fans see this, we are not surprised.
    No, we expect it.
    It's just another game day.
    Is it really likely that the Vikes didn't hold once all game?
    Or commit one defensive holding or illegal contact or anything.
    I'm just saying we are the most screwed franchise in NFL history.
    No doubt.
    I'd bet the farm on it.
    Tangeled feet in the end zone is not pass interference.
    Eh ... not really worth getting into it with folks like these.
    Yes ... there is some truth to the fact that teams like the Patriots/Colts/Cowboys seem to get all the "breaks." But no, the reason is not because the refs like them better ... it is because they are the better teams. Better teams make less mistakes ... and learn how to better get away with some. Refs RARELY if ever determine the outcome of the game. Yes, the facemask was a terribly missed call, but that is life ... move on.
    You guys still blew a 7-point lead late in a game against a team that has not been able to move the ball all year. No excuses ... man up ... suck it up ... move on and worry about your division opponents that are all better than you.
    The Vikes had some tough calls in our loss to Tennessee and even in the one to Indy, but you know what bitching does? Makes you a bitch. So move on. If you don't want calls to matter, quit fucking up and blowing leads ... dont turn the ball over 4 times ... dont get your field goals blocked. Calls dont matter if you are up by 13.

  7. #107
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    "shortmon" wrote:
    /Tinfoil hat on\
    I'm fairly sure that the entire zebra nation is out to get the Vikings.
    They either hate us (the vikings) or they are all betting on the games and have to use their power to control the amount of money they collect on Tuesday mornings.
    /Tinfoil hat off\

    Or it could be that they just like you, they make mistakes, It is just that your mistakes are not nationally televised to millions of people, and rewound and replayed while the douchbags from ESPN or John madden and his wife announce how badly you screwed up. When your loosing the game the poor calls or perceived poor calls look worse than when you are winning.
    +1

  8. #108
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "RefsHateSaints" wrote:
    ....And let me tell you, if you Vikes fans think you've had it tough with refs, you have never been a Saints fan.
    Trust me.
    When Saints fans see this, we are not surprised.
    No, we expect it.
    It's just another game day.
    Is it really likely that the Vikes didn't hold once all game?
    Or commit one defensive holding or illegal contact or anything.
    I'm just saying we are the most screwed franchise in NFL history.
    No doubt.
    I'd bet the farm on it.
    The officiating excuse is always lame.
    I wish they had better official, fulltime.

    I'm a season ticket holder for the Saints because i live relatively close and have followed them as my second team since the 70s.
    I would agree that they are cursed, but, i would also agree that there is no other team that has a more loyal fan base.
    They have no glory days to fall back on and still stand by their team.
    I have respect for Saints fans, I wish the Vikings fan base wasn't so fragile when it comes to following the team during lean years.
    Most fan bases can learn a lot about how to be a fan from a Saints fan.
    Actually it was tough for us to commit defensive penalties considering that whenever we punted Reggie Bush took it to the fucking house. We were barely on defense ... tough to make holding and illegal contact calls. By the way ... on plays downfield you can see why we dont get contact and holding calls ... we are not even close to the wide open receivers.

  9. #109
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    "shortmon" wrote:
    /Tinfoil hat on\
    I'm fairly sure that the entire zebra nation is out to get the Vikings.
    They either hate us (the vikings) or they are all betting on the games and have to use their power to control the amount of money they collect on Tuesday mornings.
    /Tinfoil hat off\

    Or it could be that they just like you, they make mistakes, It is just that your mistakes are not nationally televised to millions of people, and rewound and replayed while the douchbags from ESPN or John madden and his wife announce how badly you screwed up. When your loosing the game the poor calls or perceived poor calls look worse than when you are winning.
    Not saying they are out to get us...just seems like we get more than our fair share of bad calls...especially the last couple of years.
    It's part of the game though, and a good team should be capable of overcoming.

  10. #110
    RefsHateSaints is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12

    Re: Unfair Refs?!

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "RefsHateSaints" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "packhawk04" wrote:
    After last night's game, this thread can be shut down.

    "Even though the runner's knee was not down when the ball started to come out, it is not a fumble"

    That is my favorite official's line. Ed Hoculi is embarrassing himself.


    Wow.. He also said he had control of it with his hand, which is having control of the ball.. So no he didn't make an idiot out of himself.. And im sure all the league reps will agree with this call.. It really could have gone in either way but it wasn't a fumble

    And they called a very good game.. We had 7 peneltys and Saints had 11.. If they didn't keep jumping offsides and holding it wouldn't have been an issue

    The only bad call was the non call on the facemask.. They didn't see it.. It happens.. We all have had non calls like this

    The NFL needs to incorperate something that will allow refs to relook at plays to get penelties right
    Saints fan with a response:

    1. Lance Moore tackled in endzone, no interference.
    Game tape that one.
    Luckily, Saints still score a TD.
    But OK, I'll let that one go, but...
    2. Bogus holding call on Karney on Reggie's big 3rd down run - should've been first and goal at 5 yd line.
    Instead we settle for FG, leads to blocked FG (Saints fault, but "but for" the bogus call, there is no FG).
    3. The facemask fumble was blatantly blown.
    How can a pro crew miss that?
    Everything should be challengable.
    Everything.
    I'm sick of "judgment" calls killing games to save the pride of refs.
    4. Peterson lost control ... but didn't fumble.
    Right.
    And way to blow that whistle late late late ... in the middle of big (Saints) return.
    5. There is no neutral zone infraction when o-line jumps.
    He was on same side!
    Amazing.
    6. Ball clearly hits ground, but Payton has to challenge.
    No one thought that was a catch - but the refs.
    7. I'm sure I'm missing something.
    Too many to remember.

    How is it that all of this goes against one team?
    Could it be that the Patriots get the benefit of the doubt on calls because they are so great and the Saints get the opposite because, well, 40+ years of being losers.
    That's unprofessional, but if Hochuli denies it is either disengenuous or lacking self-awareness.
    you tell me.

    And let me tell you, if you Vikes fans think you've had it tough with refs, you have never been a Saints fan.
    Trust me.
    When Saints fans see this, we are not surprised.
    No, we expect it.
    It's just another game day.
    Is it really likely that the Vikes didn't hold once all game?
    Or commit one defensive holding or illegal contact or anything.
    I'm just saying we are the most screwed franchise in NFL history.
    No doubt.

    I'd bet the farm on it.
    Tangeled feet in the end zone is not pass interference.
    Eh ... not really worth getting into it with folks like these.
    Yes ... there is some truth to the fact that teams like the Patriots/Colts/Cowboys seem to get all the "breaks." But no, the reason is not because the refs like them better ... it is because they are the better teams. Better teams make less mistakes ... and learn how to better get away with some. Refs RARELY if ever determine the outcome of the game. Yes, the facemask was a terribly missed call, but that is life ... move on.
    You guys still blew a 7-point lead late in a game against a team that has not been able to move the ball all year. No excuses ... man up ... suck it up ... move on and worry about your division opponents that are all better than you.
    The Vikes had some tough calls in our loss to Tennessee and even in the one to Indy, but you know what bitching does? Makes you a beeyatch. So move on. If you don't want calls to matter, quit fricken up and blowing leads ... dont turn the ball over 4 times ... dont get your field goals blocked. Calls dont matter if you are up by 13.
    You're right.
    But it isn't either/or.
    There is no mutual exclusivity.
    To use legal terminology, "but for" the Saints boneheadedness, they win, calls or no calls.
    But also, "but for" the refs one-sided night, they win, boneheaded plays or not.
    That's a fact.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Refs.............
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
  2. Unfair Franchise Tags Need to Go
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 03:28 AM
  3. Unfair homefield advantages.
    By baumy300 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 08:41 AM
  4. Are you seeing the Refs also?????????
    By dart18 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 01:40 PM
  5. REFS!!
    By billvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 06:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •