Page 1 of 18 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfair Refs?!

smokinthapurple is offline Training Camp

Unfair Refs?!

First off, i've been a lurker on this website since the 97 season i believe, i check the site everyday and yet never made a account to post along with you guys, its odd cause i know the majority of you on here personality wise and how certain few of you tend to think its a lil stalker'ish? lol Don't get me wrong it isn't intentional but im on this site so much and have read so many threads its as if i was posting on the site. Now back on the reason i made this account, have you guys not missed how many games the refs have destroyed for us?

Last week, on 4th and 1? obviously didnt get the first down, and he actually fumbled the ball on the play and that was obvious and reguardless if they recovered it was still before the first down, you take away that bad call and thats -7 points. We score on the very next drive and we would have taken a 4 point lead. You cant really say what would have happened but we wouldnt have had to force the ball down the field deep down in our own endzone. This isnt the only call either, theyre has been atleast 1 horribly bad call in each game this season, another play that killed us was a touch down by chester which was called back due to a so called hold which obviously wasnt a hold.

I swear it seems like no matter what we do, the refs get involved in the game. No one notices except me and my father who have watched every vikings game together for the past 20 years. I seriously wanna complain to the nfl to check the footage, it almost seems like a ref conspiracy against the vikes since moss squirted em with a water bottle ha, it sounds a little out theyre but i really feel as though we get jipped in ever game.

We shouldnt put ourselves in a position to have 1 play cost us a game, but at the same time a ref is payed to make the right call, and when you have instant replay you should be able to make the right call, its always either inconclusive for us or they just flat out miss the call completely, do we ever win a challenge?

on another note, who the heck takes a time out to think about challenging a play, wtf was that, are you serious its like watchin a 12 year old coach a team. zigi is gonna pull the plug on this hc within this next season unless he pulls a tice and ends up making us a wildcard team where he can barely hold onto his job and do the same exact thing next year.

im kinda rambling so dont judge my grammar haha i know its lookin a bit horrid like a 5 year old wrote this post, im just a grumpy guy when it comes to having a bad season year in and year out.

id like to hear your opinions on this.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Unfair Refs?!

Welcome

The Vikings have always gotten screwed by bad calls at crucial times in games.

I don't expect to see that change any time soon.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

The refs are one of the reason I'm able to stay half way optomistic because I know how bad they have ripped us off this season, its flat rediculous. If we can get them to start doing there job we might not have to beat them, they been taking points off our board adding them to other teams board, phantom holding calls, phantom pass interference calls, and most importantly non calls for Pass Interference.

smokinthapurple is offline Training Camp

That's exactly one of the plays i was gonna mention, the call where Harris was blatantly grabbing wade, how obvious is that. how do u miss that call. COME ON

i swear refs are in on this together hahaha its so not even funny, im just glad im not the only one seeing this. im just waiting for the day someone on our teams comes out to the media on this

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

NFL refs need to be full time and that is there only job

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

I agree that it was a bad call (the 4th down play) but I think Childress was more at fault.
    I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that he could have challenged the fumble rather than the spot, which was the more obvious mis-call.
    Why wouldn't you challenge the play that you KNOW will be overturned rather than the one that MIGHT be??

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    I agree that it was a bad call (the 4th down play) but I think Childress was more at fault.
    I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that he could have challenged the fumble rather than the spot, which was the more obvious mis-call.
    Why wouldn't you challenge the play that you KNOW will be overturned rather than the one that MIGHT be??
    No them dumb@ssess blew the whistle. I think in a situation like that the refery needs to be honest with the sitation and half some balls in order to make it right. He should have honestly been asking himself, "Are you sure thats a first down?".

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "hailtocarter" wrote:
    No them dumb@ssess blew the whistle. I think in a situation like that the refery needs to be honest with the sitation and half some balls in order to make it right. He should have honestly been asking himself, "Are you sure thats a first down?".
    They replayed the whole thing in full speed and the whistle came after the fumble, the announcers both heard it and seemed to think Childress was gonna challenge the fumble.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I never like to see people blaming the refs.
    For a team it's weak and takes away from what really needs to be addressed.
    As a football coach I do not like bad calls, but they are going to happen.
    Get a little pissed and make an adjustment.

First off, a team needs to take care of business so that if they get a bad call it's not going to be a game changing call.
    Like the 4th and 1.

A lot of our penalties are fricken stupid ones that should not even happen if the team were properly coached and disciplined.

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "hailtocarter" wrote:
    They replayed the whole thing in full speed and the whistle came after the fumble, the announcers both heard it and seemed to think Childress was gonna challenge the fumble.
    Thats even more of a reason not to give them the first down, regardless of the first down he had to have seen the ball come out in the replay, there is a chance to be honest with the situation and make it right. I think there excuse was foward momentum stopped and not enough camera's, what a crock! The spot of the ball was even more rediculous as they didn't even attempt to reposition it and measure.

That dude on the NFL Network that is head of refery needs to be fired, they need a totaly different phylosphy. Here is the new Motto "Make Sh*t Right Without Any Exeptions".

Page 1 of 18 123 11 ... LastLast