Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Unfair homefield advantages.

"Prophet" wrote:
    Watching baseball indoors is like water skiing on concrete.
    The boys of summer should always play outdoors.
    Amen to that brotha!
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I doubt we would build an outdoor stadium anyways. Our offense is a finesse WC offense we don't need a wet feild when we are throwing screens and slants everyplay. Our routes are supposed to be very well timed we dont need freezing temperatures and wetness involved. If anything all of us know the snow would also cost us a few games a year because we are the vikings.
    I have my doubts that Childress will even be the coach by the time a stadium is complete.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I doubt we would build an outdoor stadium anyways. Our offense is a finesse WC offense we don't need a wet feild when we are throwing screens and slants everyplay. Our routes are supposed to be very well timed we dont need freezing temperatures and wetness involved. If anything all of us know the snow would also cost us a few games a year because we are the vikings.
    I have my doubts that Childress will even be the coach by the time a stadium is complete.
    This is his make or break year.
    Wilf will never get legislature support without a winning team, so Childress needs to start producing...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    This is his make or break year.
    Wilf will never get legislature support without a winning team, so Childress needs to start producing...
    Amen.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Retired Vikings who played outdoors felt like they had an advantage.
    Perception is 90% of reality.
    If it increased their confidence, it had an impact.

Viking players becoming accustomed to playing in cold weather neutralizes the prior outdoor weather advantage that the Packers and Da Bearrrsss had at their home fields.
    IOW, it doesn't give the Vikings an advantage, it takes away another outdoor cold weather team's prior advantage over the previously domed team.

By stating my theory that the weather advantage is 'only speculation' doesn't disprove it.
    In fact, many times, by many knowledgeable players, coaches, and football analysts, cold weather has been deemed to be an advantage to teams that are accustomed to it.
    Examples: Tampa Bay's extremely poor record playing in temps below 34 degrees at the start of the game, and GB's huge homefield advantage in the playoff games it played in Wisconsin.
    While TB may have been a lousy team over most of its early history, it certainly played worse in cold weather over that period as compared to other weather.
    Retired Vikings who played outdoors felt like they had an advantage. Link?
    Or just your belief?

I will actually buy into the fact that playing outdoors is an advantage.
    I just don't know if it is a big enough advantage to warrant alienating a good portion of the fan base.
    My essay from a few years ago, compiling information about Bud Grant, including his philosphy about playing without heaters on the sidelines, explains the perception that the Viking players developed while playing under Grant.
    If that was not true, a reporter would have unearthed it long ago, or former players would have said otherwise.

I'll bet a few rookies who were drafted by the Vikings didn't eventually become accustomed to the weather and 'sideline conditions' under Grant.
    They are exceptions who were probably cut and ended up elsewhere later in their career.

I can provide the dozens of links to reports, news stories, etc. that I used for the essay, and you can sift through them... let me know.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Good thing the 49rs didn't know that you can't run the WCO in a outdoor stadium.
    ;D

You do bring up a good point though, when we face other teams that rely on alot of audibles then a noisy fan base inside a stadium (closed or not) would have a significant
    effect on the opposing teams ability to execute said offense.
    :

I for one, vote for the retractable roof, more tailgating area (I might make it home to tailgate once, and shitters that don't back up).
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Good thing the 49rs didn't know that you can't run the WCO in a outdoor stadium.
    ;D

You do bring up a good point though, when we face other teams that rely on alot of audibles then a noisy fan base inside a stadium (closed or not) would have a significant
    :

I for one, vote for the retractable roof, more tailgating area (I might make it home to tailgate once, and shitters that don't back up).
    ;D
    What, you don't like wading through a river of pooh during the game? ;D
    I was reading on the twins site about their new stadium.. They have less than 2/3 of the seats, but have twice the bathrooms...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    ;D

:

;D
    What, you don't like wading through a river of pooh during the game? ;D
    I was reading on the twins site about their new stadium.. They have less than 2/3 of the seats, but have twice the bathrooms...
    Wildwoman almost divorced me during that game.
    I stopped in a construction site (with about 50 other guys) and pissed on the way back to the hotel.

Boy she was hot (not sexy hot either).
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234