Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Underachieving

Del Rio Guest

Underachieving

The game is faster and hits are harder then ever. That plays a role in injuries as well.

But I think Ndak is on to something there with is assesment of free agency and the effects of it economically.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Underachieving

But I bet boom boom played with sprained knees, and Youngblood played with a broken leg, and even Emmitt Smith played with a seperated shoulder not to many years ago.

Ronnie Lott has the top part of his finger ripped off, it is hanging by a piece of flesh. Does he go to the hospital to have it sewn back on, no he tells the trainer to cut it off so he can play, that is a tough man.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Underachieving

"whackthepack" wrote:
    But I bet boom boom played with sprained knees, and Youngblood played with a broken leg, and even Emmitt Smith played with a seperated shoulder not to many years ago.

Ronnie Lott has the top part of his finger ripped off, it is hanging by a piece of flesh. Does he go to the hospital to have it sewn back on, no he tells the trainer to cut it off so he can play, that is a tough man.
    Ronnie is the all time greatest injury story and still playing the game.
    Man that is insane.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Underachieving

Winning is great. Don't get me wrong. But this team is so much better than to barely beat the bears, and way too good to only put up 27 points against them. Now Daunte Culpepper played against me in fantasy football this week, and I think I saw a major flaw. His touchdown passes were for 2 and 3 yards. On Moss's 5 TD receptions, he hasn't even gained 20 yards. I think this is the dumbest thing in the world. I only got to listen to about 30 miinutes of the game during my break at work, but we stalled in the Redzone again. This is unacceptable. Morten Anderson shouldn't be getting 3 FG attempts a game. We're too good for that. Again, I don't like Linehan and his play calling. We won, so I'm sure this hole post isn't going to fly well (especially with that guy who was amd because no one responded to his post after 20 views) but, we can do much better than 27 points.

Ted Cottrell. I like the guy, he seems like a heck of a coach, but I want George O'learly back. Where is our ball-hawking secondary? Have we intercepted a pass yet? Where is the pass-rush? This is insane. Kevin Williams is the man, Udeze is awesome, Hovan is the glue that makes these guy look as good as they do, but to only come away with 2 sacks against the bears? C'mon now? I'm not liking the defensive play calling either. We've got speed, lets use it to generate a pass-rush! And please don't leave guys open in teh middle of the field with no one within 10 yards. We've got too really good Conerbacks in Brian Williams and Antoine Winfield, I think we can take some one-on-one chances!

YO YO YO YO YO guess who's BACK?!?!?!!! What up everybody it's good to be back. Hey I agree with you Vikeman we are not playing up to our potential. I hate to say it but it looks like Teddy's defensive scheme is like prevent or something they have not been aggressive at all!!! They give up all these big plays then have to play super tough in the red zone,WHY? And Linehan this the 2nd year in a row where we get on the goalline and cant do a damn thing. 1st and goal from the 2 and you want to pass it? That is gon bite him in his ass, I swear!!!! I'm happy that we are winning I think that we all are BUT, WE should be the team that everyone is talk about. Us then the Eagles. Not those lame ass seacocks
    :evil5:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Underachieving

For most injuries there is nothing you can do to prevent them.

Some injuries are preventable but those injuries are usually minor things like muscle pulls ect.

But the serious injuries were seeing this year, cant be prevented like broken bones, It dosent matter how much warming up you will do. It just depends on the hit and body position at the time of the hit.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Underachieving

I doubt that the Bears would be so desperate as to trade their starting DE (whom they just acquired) for Gus. Now, I like Gus and think that he is a good insurance policy in case Pep goes down (which would put us in the same position as the Bears are now, with no adequate backup), but the Bears could go out and find a veteran who got cut late in the preseason to take over the offense until Grossman gets back. It might serve them well to get anyone who can take the losses that they will undoubtedly rack up this year, with no damage to his ego or pride. Remember, Jeff George is still sitting at home waiting for a call. Better yet, let's trade Gus to the Bears and sign George for ourselves...LOL!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Underachieving

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    I know we're all pumped about being 2-1 and the packers being 1-2. We're all happy about beating the bears. However, I can't say that I am.

I don't understand the recent injury pleague around the league and here in Minnesota especially. Something needs to be done about this, I don't know what, more conditioning, better warm-ups before games, whatever. This is agetting ridiculous.

Winning is great. Don't get me wrong. But this team is so much better than to barely beat the bears, and way too good to only put up 27 points against them. Now Daunte Culpepper played against me in fantasy football this week, and I think I saw a major flaw. His touchdown passes were for 2 and 3 yards. On Moss's 5 TD receptions, he hasn't even gained 20 yards. I think this is the dumbest thing in the world. I only got to listen to about 30 miinutes of the game during my break at work, but we stalled in the Redzone again. This is unacceptable. Morten Anderson shouldn't be getting 3 FG attempts a game. We're too good for that. Again, I don't like Linehan and his play calling. We won, so I'm sure this hole post isn't going to fly well (especially with that guy who was amd because no one responded to his post after 20 views) but, we can do much better than 27 points.

Ted Cottrell. I like the guy, he seems like a heck of a coach, but I want George O'learly back. Where is our ball-hawking secondary? Have we intercepted a pass yet? Where is the pass-rush? This is insane. Kevin Williams is the man, Udeze is awesome, Hovan is the glue that makes these guy look as good as they do, but to only come away with 2 sacks against the bears? C'mon now? I'm not liking the defensive play calling either. We've got speed, lets use it to generate a pass-rush! And please don't leave guys open in teh middle of the field with no one within 10 yards. We've got too really good Conerbacks in Brian Williams and Antoine Winfield, I think we can take some one-on-one chances!

I just think this team is a lot better than what we;ve shown the first 3 weeks, and someone needs to realize this during the bye-week.
    I agree, we are really underacheving right now. My question is, where the hell are the deep bomb TD's to Moss?

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Underachieving

Can't throw bombs with opposing DLs in Pep's face and with Randy being double and triple covered. I, for one, will take the steady drives as long as the Vikes O scores (touchdowns, not FGs). The bombs may be more flashy and exciting, but the wins are all that counts. I think that Randy knows that and that is why he is not complaining about his touches.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Underachieving

I think as teams begin to play up on the line to stop our short game then we will start airing it out big time.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Underachieving

First of all, I remember a lot of Free Agents changing teams last year and lots of big contratcs being given out, and nothing like this happened. The same with the year before. That would also have nothing to do with here in Minnesota who have been hit among the hardest with the injury bug. So nadk, I'll have to disagree with your theory.

"Can't throw bombs with opposing DLs in Pep's face and with Randy being double and triple covered"

- This is Daunte Freaking Culpepper we're talking about here. I think he can buy some time with a roll out or just scrambling out of the pocket to geain a couple extra seconds.

I've got plenty of movie clips with Moss out playing 3 defenders at a time. It's nothing new.

Those aren't valid excuses for not throwing him deep jump balls in the endzone. We've got a good defense now. We should be worrying less about the Turnover ratio and how many INTs are thrown, and more about scoring points, energizing our team, crowd, and taking the wind out of the opposing team.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast