Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Underachieving

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Underachieving

yup but i just dont know what to think of the seahawks

there divison looks real easy so they will probly be in the playoff

but who know Im not really dispontied as much as most of you on here because of bear game

i was starting to beleave that bears could be one of those suprise teams this year like the panthers but know since rex is gone tj will get ganged up on so i dont beleave that now but who knows
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Underachieving

Who is the QB now for the Bears?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Underachieving

quinn but the eagles will probley tear him apart

so then it's craig kernzel
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Underachieving

They had better look at picking up another QB. Jeff George is still sitting at home waiting for a call. They couldn't do any worse.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Underachieving

"VikemanX84" wrote:

I don't understand the recent injury pleague around the league and here in Minnesota especially. Something needs to be done about this, I don't know what, more conditioning, better warm-ups before games, whatever. This is agetting ridiculous.
    Yeah I don't understand it either. With all the money these teams and players spend on conditioning programs, trainers, doctors and who knows what else, you'd think you wouldn't see this so much. I know a lot of injuries come with the nature of the sport but when you have players tearing muscles, spraining joints, and even breaking bones this often something needs to be done. I mean these are professional football players for crying out loud.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Underachieving

I heard a trade rumor regarding us and the bears but i highly doubt it will ever happen. It states we give gus freotte in which they are desperate for a qb in exchange for adewalye ogunleye for a de in which i dont think we need. Too bad we couldnt get urlacher for freotte another guy on our team, not too important to us and a maybe a third round draft pick. We could use urlacher in our lb core but i highly doubt that will happen as well.

well one can fantasize about that.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Del Rio Guest

Underachieving

If that rumor is true they are hurting. I can't imagine they would trade adewalye ogunleye for Ferotte. I sure as hell wouldn't

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Underachieving

Gus is better than alot of qb's in this league.
    Is he great?- no
    Can he get the job done?-yes
    We could use some defensive help,
    but if DC gets hurt Gus is pretty good
    to have around.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Del Rio Guest

Underachieving

If they want to trade adewalye ogunleye for ferotte I'd do it in a second, I'm saying it's a dumb trade for them. Gus is ok, but not worth a very good DE.

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Underachieving

The injury problems in the league have nothing to do with conditioning. The problem is free agency and parity in the league.
    Almost every athelete in this league is ridiculously overpaid because of free agency and the ones tht are not will be if they stay healthy and perform. Teams invest alot of money in each and every player so they make sure they are 150% healed before they come back. They don't want to take any chance at all in making the damage worse. This is for the good of the team and the player. Why hurt someone worse and waste the 1.5 million you are paying him just to sit on the bench, nor do the players want to play hurt, why permanetly hurt themselves and blow a chance at a big paycheck.
    Mo Williams is the perfect example. How many people think even with the slightest ankle injury that Mo could have run it in on Duantes TD or when it was 2nd and 1 that Mo could not had gotten 1 freakin yard. There is no dooubt in my mind or anyone elses that he could have. If this were a time when players were making 150,000 a year, they would all be playing hurt. There is a difference between playing hurt and playing injured.
    I know a guy who went undefeated in college wrestling and won the national championship with a torn ACL. That is an extreme and I woould not expect a pro football player to play on a torn ACL.
    But I bet boom boom played with sprained knees, and Youngblood played with a broken leg, and even Emmitt Smith played with a seperated shoulder not to many years ago. The number of injuries is not up, players have always gotten hurt, it is just that the teams and the players no longer will allow thier players nor themselves to play hurt because of financial reasons. The NFL has become a monster of a business and that is the reason for more injuries.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast